• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Weird, Balkans is one of the reasons I don't like WATKxxx map as it oversimplifies things, IMO.

Yes, there could be an another province in Sicily and the tilted South America looks weird, but hey, we can't have everything, as the AGCEEP has shown us with their announced, but never even partly shown map.

I've just downloaded the latest Plvs map and there are thing that I really like on it... but it still looks a bit raw, unfinished to the slick, glossy feel of MyMap. And I still don't like the Balkans too much, nor do I like the Sahara, Rockies and vast areas of Amazon being accessible for colonization. PTI on MyMap much better reflects the inability to field any siginficant armies in those areas, as well as the inhospitability of them for colonization until modern times (and it's not much better even today). There's more, but we're talking about MyMap here so I'll stop :D

On CTDs: I've never had many problems with MyMap, either on the previous configuration (Athlon 2500+ and 1.5 Gb RAM), nor on the current (DualCore 3.14, 4 GB RAM). Yes, I have an occasional CTD, but I think they can be mostly be attributed to scripting that is not adopted to FtG, as well as the 1.38 version of AGCEEP in the same situation.

maybe it never worked for me after v1.39 because I always had the latest patch of EU2 or FTG running .

Why would they do this?

I do not know, Garbon made this comment recently as he added the name change from ( whatever therion had) to Plvs Vltra. He said he could not change WATKABAOI into plvs Vltra . Unless I misread it.

Blaster said:
If you want to hit with this mod, I'd say concentrate on finishing a stable version of latest AGCEEP on MyMap. After all this time we're left with only various attempts at this that now I wonder why isn't it clear that those modders should maby unite their effort in doing this first?

(I don't want to be misunderstood, I apreciate you all and I'm sorry I can't do more)

Indeed, it might be a better idea to focus on updating AGCEEP first and improving upon it afterward. At any rate, I've already undertaken most of the important non-AGCEEP corrections that I had planned to do, so I'll probably move to porting the rest of AGCEEP 1.59 shortly. I'll begin updating AGCEEP in eastern and central Asia, since I don't think that has any chance of conflicting with Kelvin's work.

As for a name, in lieu of anything more imaginative, in order to be able to refer to this mod as something other than "this mod", perhaps it could be labeled the MyMap Expansion Project (MEP) or something similar. If there are no other suggestions, I shall rename the folder correspondingly.

Indeed, it might be a better idea to focus on updating AGCEEP first and improving upon it afterward. At any rate, I've already undertaken most of the important non-AGCEEP corrections that I had planned to do, so I'll probably move to porting the rest of AGCEEP 1.59 shortly. I'll begin updating AGCEEP in eastern and central Asia, since I don't think that has any chance of conflicting with Kelvin's work.

That simplifies my part too. I'll just start with porting 1.59 to MEP (yay :D ... or whatever it becomes in the end) for those areas that I've made changes myself and after that I can start with whatever we decide should be done next.

So, I'll begin with updating the BYZ-TUR area. If nobody objects, that'll include fantasy BYZ events too.

That simplifies my part too. I'll just start with porting 1.59 to MEP (yay :D ... or whatever it becomes in the end) for those areas that I've made changes myself and after that I can start with whatever we decide should be done next.

So, I'll begin with updating the BYZ-TUR area. If nobody objects, that'll include fantasy BYZ events too.

Excellent. If you want to have the most recent version to work with (corrected AIs, added flags/shields, a few more events), I've uploaded it to web.mit.edu/sciric/www/MEP/MEP.zip, and I will modify the first post accordingly.

If nobody objects, that'll include fantasy BYZ events too.

Within distinct scenario or at least with the posibility of turning off Fantasy Byz (as in original AGCEEP).
And I suggest you start numbering your releases.

PS: Shouldn't random events be as on by default?

Last edited:
Within distinct scenario or at least with the posibility of turning off Fantasy Byz (as in original AGCEEP).

The same way as it is now in 1.39, i.e. with the option to turn it on or off.

There's just one thing that I'd made a change on global level, and that's Constantine XI Palaiologos' date of death. He was 48 when Constantinople fell, so I'd given him a few more years of life, as he was hale and strong enough to fight in the siege. Why should he die the day he historically died if the Ottomans are not in control of Constantinople? The same goes for (Giovanni) Giustiniani (Longo), but he presents a different problem, as I haven't been able to find the year of his birth (although some sources place it around 1418).

For now, I'll retain it for my own setup, as I think the decision on the global change should not be mine alone.

Last edited:
Last CTD (but not the only one) and last events before it:

1427-06-23 : July 24, 1427: Rebel Scum won a battle against Portugal in Tangier.
1427-06-24 : July 25, 1427: Cephallonia accepted our generous peace offer.

mod_file.cpp:46 Opened moddir file "mods\MyMAP\config.ftg" with mode "wb".

Speaking of Byzantium, I noticed they don't have the latest sprites reserved for them. Instead they got the same ones os the Russians. And Wallachia and Moldavia also have the Russian city gfx rather than the byzantine ones.

Last edited:
Which one? The old EEP events or that rather interesting 100-event-mod a user (can´t remember the nick) released a long time ago?

Whatever is, or was, in 1.39, and now in 1.59. Once we manage to adapt the new version of AGCEEP to Mymap we can think of expanding things.

Although, I think I saw that set of events, maybe even thought of using some of them, but IIRC decided not to as they go a bit overboard with all the revolts, stabhits, civil wars and so on. IIRC it was too much geard towards the struggle to survive (and included some dubious event-chains such as the transfer of the imperial seat to Alexandria...) to be much appealing.

Now that I think of it, there were TWO sets, Byzantine Annex and Byzantium Triumphant :blink:

Blaster said:

Yes, I thought so as well with the latest release, so I labelled it as MEP 0.01, and I'll continue numbering releases thenceforth. I should also probably start keeping more detailed changelogs for the future.

Blaster said:
PS: Shouldn't random events be as on by default?

Yes, I'll turn them on for the next release. (Unless more people prefer to have them off by default? Either way, it's very easy to change.)

Kelvin said:
There's just one thing that I'd made a change on global level, and that's Constantine XI Palaiologos' date of death. He was 48 when Constantinople fell, so I'd given him a few more years of life, as he was hale and strong enough to fight in the siege. Why should he die the day he historically died if the Ottomans are not in control of Constantinople? The same goes for (Giovanni) Giustiniani (Longo), but he presents a different problem, as I haven't been able to find the year of his birth (although some sources place it around 1418).

For now, I'll retain it for my own setup, as I think the decision on the global change should not be mine alone.

I think it would certainly be a good idea to change these deathdates as you propose, so long as there are events that can sleep the monarchs and wake the next ones early given the appropriate trigger conditions.

1427-06-23 : July 24, 1427: Rebel Scum won a battle against Portugal in Tangier.
1427-06-24 : July 25, 1427: Cephallonia accepted our generous peace offer.

That seems very odd, to say the least. Did you rename the MEP mod folder to MyMap? If not, I don't see why FTG would be referencing the original validated MyMap's config files at all while MEP is the selected mod. Maybe the cause of the CTD just wasn't logged.

And now, back to work...!

Too many issues with Plvs Vltra at the moment...

what are they, these issues, please explain ........Plvs Vltra works with all latest versions, FTG 1.2/1.3, AGCEEP and a big map.

mymap does not work at all for me

pgroves said:
If you can get AGCEEP 1.59 onto MyMAP you will have made my day! I would be happy to test...

That is indeed the plan! Nonetheless, it will probably be a few months before it can go up for testing, considering our manpower for the project is currently only 2.

The next upload is not yet ready, but as an update, here is the current changelog since v0.01:

changelog 0.01.1 said:
Unless otherwise marked, IDs follow the same numbering as AGCEEP.

Chinese events fully updated including the Treaty of Nerchiinsk sequence
Chinese events 147052, 147053, 147054, 147055, 147056, 147057, 147058, 147059, 147060, 147061, 147062, 147133, 147134, 147135, 147136 (AGCEEP 147132), 147200-147388 added
Chinese monarchs fully updated/added
Chinese leaders fully updated/added
Oirat events 115500 (AGCEEP 115017), 115501 (AGCEEP null), 115502 (AGCEEP 115018), 115504 (AGCEEP 115019), 115508 (AGCEEP 115000) updated
Oirat events 115511 (AGCEEP 115012), 115512 (AGCEEP 115015), 115513 (AGCEEP 115014) added
Oirat monarch 0112001 Esen Tayisi capitalized
Oirat event 115503 (AGCEEP null) deleted (merged with Chinese event 10001)
Southern Ming events updated excluding the Koxinga/Taiwan sequence (will be done with the Netherlands)
Southern Ming events 317019, 317020, 317032 (AGCEEP 317012), 317033 (AGCEEP 317013), 317034 (AGCEEP 317014), 317035 (AGCEEP 317015) added
Southern Ming event 317013 (AGCEEP null) deleted (merged with 317019)
Southern Ming event 10435 (AGCEEP null) deleted (the event that triggered this one was already gone, so this event could never fire)
Southern Ming leaders fully updated/added
Da Xi events fully updated
Da Xi events 315007, 315008 (AGCEEP 315005) added
Da Shun events fully updated
Da Shun events 314007, 314008 (AGCEEP 314005) added
Mongol events 115000 (AGCEEP 115020), 115024 (AGCEEP 115000), 115026 (AGCEEP 115013) updated
Mongol events 115050 (AGCEEP 115012), 115051 (AGCEEP 115015), 115052 (AGCEEP 115014) added
Random Mongol/Oirat events 115053 (AGCEEP 115016), 115054 (AGCEEP 115016) added
Lu Chuan event 378000 updated
Manchu event 221000 partially updated to remove wrong event chain
Korea event 204000 partially updated to remove wrong event chain
Events 317000 and 317001 corrected from CHI to SMN and updated
Changed Occupation of Siberia events to not trigger for Chagatai or Uighuristan
Culture changes: province 1616 Hmong to Burmic, 1604 Mongol to Uighur

Currently broken event chains: the events that SMN 317032, SMN 317035 trigger have not been added yet

Last edited:
Last edited:
As I see you modified some sprites I must remind you that the Romanian principalities should surely also have BYZ rather than the Russian ones.

As of version 0.02, I only modified the sprites recommended by Kelvin. Since then, I've gone through all the sprites and corrected them as well as I could, including your suggestion. All the new sprites developed for FTG are now used. The problem involving navies not appearing for Indochinese and American nations has also been fixed. Unless I've made some errors, spritework should be entirely finished by the next release.

As of version 0.02, I only modified the sprites recommended by Kelvin. Since then, I've gone through all the sprites and corrected them as well as I could, including your suggestion. All the new sprites developed for FTG are now used. The problem involving navies not appearing for Indochinese and American nations has also been fixed. Unless I've made some errors, spritework should be entirely finished by the next release.

Portugal doesn't seem to get its own unit sprites, unlike in normal FTG, unless I'm missing something?