+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Crusader Kings II - PATCH RELEASED (v1.05e) - Checksum: BDNP

Quote Originally Posted by trias10 View Post
    Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.
    Just wondering, does anybody NOT think this is idiotic and misleading?

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by SaintEsteban View Post
    Just wondering, does anybody NOT think this is idiotic and misleading?
    Oh it certainly is, and this is the first I've heard of it being WAD that the function no longer works. That's incredibly disingenuous -- they should just remove that tab altogether.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

I would like paradox to fix ERE and those crown laws who are completley ahistorical and broken

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joagaru View Post
    I would like paradox to fix ERE and those crown laws who are completley ahistorical and broken
    Care to elaborate?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Repeated nerfs to the byzantines while the HRE remains unstoppable has convinced me to put this game away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXII View Post
    Repeated nerfs to the byzantines while the HRE remains unstoppable has convinced me to put this game away for a long time.
    Hmm? Both still seem to be iron bulwarks of unstoppable to me. Seljuks still can't make a dent in the ERE, even after absorbing Rum in a 1077 start. Only sings of weakness I've seen is the Caliphate nabbing Crete or Cyprus, or rarely Epirus, during a full blown succession crisis. Happens about as often as Italian Duchies escaping the clutches of the HRE.

Quote Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
    Hmm? Both still seem to be iron bulwarks of unstoppable to me. Seljuks still can't make a dent in the ERE, even after absorbing Rum in a 1077 start. Only sings of weakness I've seen is the Caliphate nabbing Crete or Cyprus, or rarely Epirus, during a full blown succession crisis. Happens about as often as Italian Duchies escaping the clutches of the HRE.
    But far less temporary! I often see Italians have their 15 seconds of freedom.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Next patch date as I have crash issues?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintEsteban View Post
    But far less temporary! I often see Italians have their 15 seconds of freedom.
    When I say escape, I mean fully escape. Ive seen a couple times where Lombardy, Toscana, Pisa, Ancona (or some mix of the above) have successfully rebelled and then remained sovereign because the Emperor would die shortly after, giving the crown to someone who doesn't inherit the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
    When I say escape, I mean fully escape. Ive seen a couple times where Lombardy, Toscana, Pisa, Ancona (or some mix of the above) have successfully rebelled and then remained sovereign because the Emperor would die shortly after, giving the crown to someone who doesn't inherit the claims.
    Oh I see.

The count of Urbino in my game has successfully rebelled three times that I've noticed, and been de jured back into line each time. Poor sod, but makes me wonder how he ever succeeds in the first place. Maybe the emperor keeps surrendering just to miss with him.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

1.05f is going through QA, meaning it should come soonish according to Johan. No specific date yet, weeks, days, hours, but at least it's being worked on, which is great.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13837213

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22