• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hidden patch note. Game is now 16 bit. ಠ_ಠ
6qPoT.png

I guess I have to downgrade to windows 98. How nice.

Attachments

• 6qPoT.png
    6qPoT.png
    32 KB · Views: 42
Thank you, Paradox! I'm sure it's pretty disheartening to log onto the forums to many of us complaining and I applaude your efforts in not only releasing 3 patches, but also 4 lots of DLC in the space of roughly 2 days.

Well done from a very happy customer!

I can't say I'm a "happy customer.."

The game was awesome, and the patch broke it. I'm still waiting for the second hotfix to hit steam but everyone knew that was buggy before I even have it so now I'm waiting on the third hotfix? Can't even keep it straight now, there was the patch then then the hotfix with zero stat bug so ya I'm waiting on the second hotfix. Hopefully it doesn't introduce new bugs. For now I'm just out of the game until the latest hotfix hits Steam.. seems like other people get these hotfixes sooner, then I read how they're buggy, then the next one is buggy too so I'm always behind the curve still waiting on a previous hotfix that's already known to be buggy.

CK2 games are long games, ungodly hours spent playing them, nobody wants to invest so much time just to discover a gamebreaking bug four generations into a game -- it's important that devs start getting this stuff right *before* pushing it out over Steam.

Also the ruler designer DLC. It felt like bait and switch, it doesn't do what common sense suggests it would. As it stands, if you go in to edit a historical character you totally wipe out their dynastic history. And while there's a ruler designer button right there on the saved games, if you push it nothing happens. There's a tutorial on the forum about how to edit characters yourself with the text file -- but come on, I paid $5 for the ruler designer gui what's the good reason why the ruler designer can't do this for me? That text file editing is too involved for just wanting to change your look a bit, and that's why I bought the DLC for five bucks for the convenience, but the DLC doesn't do it.

The ruler designer should be fixed, this makes no sense how it is now surely they must realize that?

So ya, they made a great game then they broke it so I can't say I'm happy. The current DLC needs to be fixed, and new DLC needs to work as advertised or that's just going to sour customers when they pay more and get disappointed. This is the internet there's no customer service, we can't get a refund, those chained to Steam can't even roll back to what they first bought.

(worst part of all this is the Steam chain, being locked out of a 1.04 version)

If you're not happy with STEAM's patching policies, maybe you should have bought it from GamersGate...

I can't say I'm a "happy customer.."

The game was awesome, and the patch broke it. I'm still waiting for the second hotfix to hit steam but everyone knew that was buggy before I even have it so now I'm waiting on the third hotfix? Can't even keep it straight now, there was the patch then then the hotfix with zero stat bug so ya I'm waiting on the second hotfix. Hopefully it doesn't introduce new bugs.

I know... so complicated.. you have to be able to count to- let's see- three? I understand your frustration.. math is hard...

the game was developed under 7 so whatever went wrong it isn't your OS. just try again.

@everyone: steams seems to be back in germany (and down for everyone else). lets see what the patch has done.

I know what happened. Steam decided to be dumb and attempted to patch the game while i was playing because i was not running it through steam. End result was the game corrupted. Just a funny little joke. Thats all. Just had to verify the game with steam and it was fixxed.

I know what happened. Steam decided to be dumb and attempted to patch the game while i was playing because i was not running it through steam. End result was the game corrupted. Just a funny little joke. Thats all. Just had to verify the game with steam and it was fixxed.

How was Steam being dump in this case?

:huh:

Right click on CKII. Go to properties. Go to the updates tab. Turn the auto-updates off. Install 1.04.

Ah...... in the steam thread people said that wouldn't work, turning off updates then uninstalling and then reinstalling. I thought I read you get the patched version if you reinstall from scratch.

But you give me hope.. this is more logical, they *should* be giving you the version you paid for and patches are optional. If the latest hotfix has bugs I'll try the above ^^. Thanks for the tip. If I just had 1.04 I wouldn't have been complaining, other than the ruler designer dlc that needs fixed.

I know... so complicated.. you have to be able to count to- let's see- three? I understand your frustration.. math is hard...

I realize complaining is annoying. If I didn't complain though that would mean I don't care and that means I won't buy any more paradox games because I wouldn't even be on this site to notice new releases.

My complaints are valid:

1. Restrictions inherent with Steam means a greater responsibility for Paradox to get things right before pushing out over steam.

2. Don't release DLC that sucks. It needs to do what the advertising suggests. If people feel burned they won't buy more DLC. The ruler designer is actually well done, if only you weren't limited to one change to your first character over a 400 year game, and if only you could edit a historical character without wiping out the family tree. I don't know what the deal on this is, whether it was rushed or it's outsourced, I can't speculate but if nobody ever complains then they'll just release more DLC like that.

3. Bottom line.. the patches need to work. Expansions need to work. DLC needs to work as advertised.

Hotfix is up on Steam, now I can get off this forum and play my Jerusalem game. :) Can't change my ruler's crown even though I have the $5 ruler designer so that's still an issue for me I feel dumb for buying broken dlc. There's a tutorial on the forum for how to edit your characters by hand in the text files, so there's no good reason why their $5 ruler designer can't do this for us. If the hotfix works, and if they fix the ruler designer, then I'll be happy enough to stop complaining. :)

Can´t find 1.05c on my GG account. Is is supposed to be up there ?

Nvm, I´m stupid ... it´s available via the launcher but not via GG ... correct checksum.

Last edited:
I always open this page in a browser to do the manual update (link from launcher.cfg).

Holy crap, it's almost twice as fast. We'll see if it completes without spontaneously self-cancelling at 95 to 98%.

that is a coincidence.

Actually, it happens A LOT with Paradox downloads and downloads from a few other gaming companies, at least to me. Other downloads work out fine.

Just updated to 1.05c via steam and now, whenever I mouse over my character's portrait, I get an immediate CTD. Guys come on. I love ya but this is a game where you spend dozens of hours on a single dynasty. Please figure out how to patch and make it save game compatible.

EDIT...It's actually the Crusade banner behind the portrait that causes the crash.

Last edited:
Just updated to 1.05c via steam and now, whenever I mouse over my character's portrait, I get an immediate CTD. Guys come on. I love ya but this is a game where you spend dozens of hours on a single dynasty. Please figure out how to patch and make it save game compatible.

savegame compatibility can never be guaranteed. that's simply a technical restriction that can't be avoided. saves from prior versions should work up to a certain degree but that depends on the save of course.
most likely your installation is corrupted. make sure you have the right checksum. if so you have to start a new game.