• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FIXED. I deleted my settings file and let the game generate a fresh one. Problem went away.

I looked at the delta between the two files (old and fresh), and the only difference is the parsing system for disabled hints. Not sure why this would cause a rendering meltdown.

Either way, for anyone who might be having issues with the new patch, I recommend generating a fresh settings file.

I'm having this problem too. Could you explain exactly what 'generating a fresh settings file' entails? Sorry if that sounds obvious to some of you... :blush:

Huh, events are no longer pausing the game in singleplayer.

Looks like there was a tab for events added in the Message Settings menu, but there's no way to actually set preferences. It's just an empty tab.

I'm having this problem too. Could you explain exactly what 'generating a fresh settings file' entails? Sorry if that sounds obvious to some of you... :blush:

Depending on your version of Windows, look in either your "My Documents" or "Documents" folder, and then navigate to "Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II".

Inside will be a file called "settings.txt". Delete that file and then start the game.

read the changelog and I must say, am pleasantly surprised! can't wait to start up a fresh 1.05 game

Hey guys I was trying if the death causes worked, I assassinated a couple of people and all of them says The Person died of a suspicious accident when i go to the skull icon. I think i saw on a screenshot that it should show who assassinated my character right? I was caught as well.

Disregard my post I realize that my assassin was just that good and never got caught whenever he murdered someone.

There has been changes in De Jure boundaries of some Kingdoms right? I managed to create the Kingdom of Italy with 16 counties while I couldn't last night. Great update !

Is it just me, or has the scrolling down the spouse list (when arranging a marriage) stopped working? It happened after applying the patch 1.05.

EDIT: Scrolling down with the mouse scroll button.

As others have said, I have this problem too. Not a huge problem but it'd be nice to see a fix.

Great patch, Paradox! Unfortunately, my major playthrough will have to wait for a few days. From what I've seen so far, everything looks fantastic!

EDIT: Just seen that Paradox have officially recognised the bug. Apologies for posting about the scroll problem again.

Last edited:
thanks Paradox for the patch! My two favorite improvements are:
AI: Will no longer raise forces in besieged counties -- YES!
the Holy Order troop size now scales with the moral authority of the church - nice idea!

Is it save-game compatible?

The Jimena Brothers and the annoying muslims

You should take in consideration tha the countess of Zamora, a vassal and sister of the King of Leon revolts 100% of times just at the beginning calling all her brothers and family (king of galicia, king of navarre and king of castille) into the war right away, we would like to see a more historical claim-war between the 3 spanish jimena (MALE) brothers and prevent them to be so suscetible to quick and easy muslim invations of all the Iberian peninsula, we want to see a more interesting spanish and portuguese reconquista scenario in that area... Pleaaase.

I'm not sure I like the changes to the combat. It seems I'm pingponging way more then before. It was hardly there, but now I'm chasing armies back and forth all the time =(

Last edited:
"Vassals will no longer hate you for newly acquired Holdings that take you above the demesne limit. You have two months to get rid of them."
I love you guys