• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone help me out? Not sure if this is the right place
I got the patch and now when ever I boot up CK2 and start killing some muslims my game crashes after a few minutes saying
"crusader kings 2 has stopped working"
Any fix?

Can someone help me out? Not sure if this is the right place
I got the patch and now when ever I boot up CK2 and start killing some muslims my game crashes after a few minutes saying
"crusader kings 2 has stopped working"
Any fix?

Please report this in the tech-support forum.

Yep they just RUINED the game again opening it up to that EXPLOIT of inviting ANYOLEBODY to your court, landing them and then going for their claims. Back to the ole NON-Historical gameplay again with CHEESY EXPLOITABLE tactics included. ;) I did enjoy it for 2-1/2 days though when it was FIXED and working "as it should". ;)

I have never exploited this system before in the sense that I invite people to my court just to get their claims. I do indeed press my vassals claims sometimes if the county is of interest for my bigger goals of the game, but never only to make my realm bigger only for the sole reason of making it bigger and I don't invite random courtiers, even if they have a claim of interest.

I can see this being a problem in MP games so there probably should have been a MP balancing mod out there. I think most of the players are still playing vanilla in SP.

Yep they just RUINED the game again opening it up to that EXPLOIT of inviting ANYOLEBODY to your court, landing them and then going for their claims. Back to the ole NON-Historical gameplay again with CHEESY EXPLOITABLE tactics included. ;) I did enjoy it for 2-1/2 days though when it was FIXED and working "as it should". ;)
Why not mod your copy with the cb_types.txt from 1.05d, and then stop bothering us about it? If you want to talk about non-historical, how about the Duke of Kent becoming independent because I pressed his claim on a Flemish county?

Or even better: if you think it's an exploit, don't do it.

You just don't know when to stop, do you?

So if you manually change the invasion cb in religion.txt does that mean the major bugs are now all fixed? Are there any other issues outstanding?

Halfway through a Poland game, trying to create (anachronism alert!) Jagiellonian Block (Poland, Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary, Croatia). Actually managed to take away Bohemia from HRE, and half of Hungary, with tedious campaign of plotting and backstabbing. Oh, well, back to square one. Hopefully this time it won't take me six generations but, say, two or three. BTW: kingdom into empire assimilation time IS moddable, right?

Every hotfix seems to break at least as many things as it fixes. We'll be at 1.05z very quickly at this rate.

What's worse is that every couple of days I have to delete all my savegames and start over...

The changes to claims in 1.05e is actually a bit disapointing and a step back IMO.

Right now you can once again claim foreign holdings by giving land to a random claimant, something I consider trivializes things a bit. The prince of Poland shouldnt care I made him Baron of Nowhere, Cyrenaica when I press his claim on Poland... I could live with this though.

HOWEVER pressing the claims of a dynasty member is broken :( If Im Emperor and my brother or son has a direct claim on the throne of Sicily, I shouldnt have to give him land to keep him as vassal after pressing it. The tooltip says pressing De Jure or Dynasts' claims makes the claimant your vassal. The de jure part works. Claiming for unlanded Dynasts is broken once again.

If in doubt go back to how things used to work. But the idea way for it to work would be: De jure = claimant becomes vassal. Unlanded dynast = becomes vassal. Landed dynast = stays vassal. Landed non-dynast = goes away to his new realm, gives his old holdings inside your realm back to you who pressed his claims.

edit; ahh I see. They added a "higher_tier_than = DUKE" restriction to unlanded dynast royal claims. Which isn't a bad idea but makes no sense when meshed with the fact you can grant anyone a barony in North Africa and then press any claim and keep him. Still, I see the logic, and its easily moddable. So I guess were essentially back to pre-1.05d.

Ideally for 1.06, landed claimants who's claims to higher titles get pushed should 'learn' to hand over their old lesser titles back to the king who pressed their claims and move on to their new holdings, without a vassal bond, UNLESS they're a dynast or its de jure land, IMO.

Last edited:
I agree with Alerias. Its far too easy now to just get what you want buy landing them. What was a struggle to move my way across and gain territory is now simple. Invite, land, claim. Rinse and repeat. There is now no need to bother trying to marry into the claim because whats the point. It takes too long. No point bothering to fabricate claims because, whats the point waiting 10 years when I can pick up a random ducal claim and then press it. My war will likely be over long before I get a fabricated claim on the single county.

In fact, the only point trying to marry for claims now is upwards. Count -> Duke -> King etc.

I agree with Alerias. Its far too easy now to just get what you want buy landing them. What was a struggle to move my way across and gain territory is now simple. Invite, land, claim. Rinse and repeat.

Then don't do it? How about you stop and try to decide how i run my game and only play yours?

Then don't do it? How about you stop and try to decide how i run my game and only play yours?

Well and simply put.

It seems most of these arguments are between two groups, shouting back and forth, "It's cheap!" "It's optional!" While I'm firmly in the latter camp, can't we all just get along?

Well and simply put.

It seems most of these arguments are between two groups, shouting back and forth, "It's cheap!" "It's optional!" While I'm firmly in the latter camp, can't we all just get along?

You're free to mod it back to how it was , all this stuff happens in cb_types.txt you know. But the way its worked since release isn't really plausible/historical/believeable so its not such a stretch to desire a change. Furthermore, multiplayer balance is an issue.

You're free to mod it back to how it was , all this stuff happens in cb_types.txt you know. But the way its worked since release isn't really plausible/historical/believeable so its not such a stretch to desire a change. Furthermore, multiplayer balance is an issue.

If multiplayer balance is such an issue, play with other people who share your idea on what is and isn't cheap. If you feel someone is exploiting the game, why are you playing against them?

For the majority of players who stick to singleplayer, it's a matter of choice whether they use the option or not. And the vast majority also have little to no knowledge of modding.

Furthermore, multiplayer balance is an issue.

Most people don't multiplay at all. So, if the issue is about that sort of balance maybe specific rules for MP should be applied. If you can't trust your playing buddies to not engage in this sort of exploit, then something should be done about this issue. But it should not be made so that single player players can't decide how they want to play the game.

For me, to install a duke after beating everyone interested in exchange for fealty is realistic. Although i do this only for role play reasons. Like the previous duke trying to lay claims on my stuff. Why don't i get a CB on him when he does this? It's insulting to lay claims on my title and he should suffer for it :)

If multiplayer balance is such an issue, play with other people who share your idea on what is and isn't cheap. If you feel someone is exploiting the game, why are you playing against them?

For the majority of players who stick to singleplayer, it's a matter of choice whether they use the option or not. And the vast majority also have little to no knowledge of modding.

I'll have to simply disagree. The core game has to prevent excessively cheap exploits and provide a strong basis for being challenged. These games are meant to give the illusion of plausibly simulating history, and when you can gain a Kingdom by pressing a random-nowhere's claim just because you granted him a barony, that's not achieved. Simply put, it needs to be improved, and 'just dont do it' will never be an acceptable answer. This being said, 1.05d wasn't an improvement as it created as many issues as it solved.

There's a consistent pattern in Paradox patching of loopholes being closed and the game becoming a bit harder as a result, and thats fine. Especially in a case like this where, even with ZERO modding skills, if you like the current system, you can simply backup the current /common/cb_types.txt file and be certain to be able to overwrite any future changes using the current file. Thats pretty incredible flexibility, when you compare to many impopular but hardcoded changes in past games. *cough fuck cascading alliances in Europa cough*