• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.

Just wondering, does anybody NOT think this is idiotic and misleading?

Repeated nerfs to the byzantines while the HRE remains unstoppable has convinced me to put this game away for a long time.

Hmm? Both still seem to be iron bulwarks of unstoppable to me. Seljuks still can't make a dent in the ERE, even after absorbing Rum in a 1077 start. Only sings of weakness I've seen is the Caliphate nabbing Crete or Cyprus, or rarely Epirus, during a full blown succession crisis. Happens about as often as Italian Duchies escaping the clutches of the HRE.

Hmm? Both still seem to be iron bulwarks of unstoppable to me. Seljuks still can't make a dent in the ERE, even after absorbing Rum in a 1077 start. Only sings of weakness I've seen is the Caliphate nabbing Crete or Cyprus, or rarely Epirus, during a full blown succession crisis. Happens about as often as Italian Duchies escaping the clutches of the HRE.

But far less temporary! I often see Italians have their 15 seconds of freedom.

Next patch date as I have crash issues?

But far less temporary! I often see Italians have their 15 seconds of freedom.

When I say escape, I mean fully escape. Ive seen a couple times where Lombardy, Toscana, Pisa, Ancona (or some mix of the above) have successfully rebelled and then remained sovereign because the Emperor would die shortly after, giving the crown to someone who doesn't inherit the claims.

When I say escape, I mean fully escape. Ive seen a couple times where Lombardy, Toscana, Pisa, Ancona (or some mix of the above) have successfully rebelled and then remained sovereign because the Emperor would die shortly after, giving the crown to someone who doesn't inherit the claims.

Oh I see.

The count of Urbino in my game has successfully rebelled three times that I've noticed, and been de jured back into line each time. Poor sod, but makes me wonder how he ever succeeds in the first place. Maybe the emperor keeps surrendering just to miss with him.