• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I fear it won't get fixed so fast ad the 1.05e came after 1.05d... Guess they are preparing a greater patch 1.06, which is really sad to me, since not being able to play a game is a major 'bug' to me, that should be fixed asap with a quick fix without letting players wait for something larger. Steam-users cannot use an older patch :(

They could at least load a "1.05f" to steam, which is 1.05c to make it at least playable till 1.06 comes. Sorry if I sound addicted to the game.

If you suspect bugs, you need to post them in the Bug Reports forum, with full documentation and attached saved games, if appropriate. They will simply not get noticed here by the devs.

Can we get any words of wisdom from Mr. Doomdark?

I look forward to more bugfixing and whatever cool free content is coming with 1.06 :cool:

My game keeps on crashing on the 8th of April 1114 :(

I can upload the save file if anyone needs to see it
Bug Reports go in the forum by that name, this thread is solely for comment on the patch itself. You'll see numerous reports of this same issue in there, BTW.

I was smart and bought my game from Gamersgate so I can continue to play 1.05c without worry about the bugs and foulups of 1.05d/e

1.05c works well enough to finish games and have fun against the ai. So, I'm going to stay here until they come out with a SOLID FIX PATCH instead of these socalled quickfix hotfix ones that just go on breaking something else. ;)

Smart? Sounds like you are saying no one should buy at steam.
Who could know there would be a patch which makes the game completly unplayable? You can also make a backup of the game with steam, so in theory you can patch back... you just need a witch which tells you, that there will be a patch that destroys your game. If I would have known that this will happen, I would also have made a backup of my prior version. Just what bugs me now is, that the next patch takes so long, they could also just make a quick fix, calling it 1.05f and patch it back to 1.05c.

Last edited:
Up until 1.04 everything was fine really, it's just 1.05 that's been poorly tested and prematurely released.

Guessing from the lack of official comments, we'll have to wait for 1.06 or even, 2.00, to get the game in a decent state again. Oh well, at least Modern Warfare 3 is getting some love from me in the mean time.

Guessing from the lack of official comments, we'll have to wait for 1.06 or even, 2.00, to get the game in a decent state again. Oh well, at least Modern Warfare 3 is getting some love from me in the mean time.
Just out of curiosity -- if you're on Steam, look thru your contacts and see how many people own/play both CK II and MW3. I'd say that has to be a fairly unique brand of gamer.

Not possible.

It is theoretically possible. If you have a version > 1.05c, you need to put Steam into permanent offline mode, then find a mate who has 1.05c installed, and you can copy over ALL his CK2 files and overwrite your own. This will put 1.05c into your steam directory, but since Steam is offline, it won't update the game to 1.05e.

Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.

It is theoretically possible. If you have a version > 1.05c, you need to put Steam into permanent offline mode, then find a mate who has 1.05c installed, and you can copy over ALL his CK2 files and overwrite your own. This will put 1.05c into your steam directory, but since Steam is offline, it won't update the game to 1.05e.

Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.

But I already DID update and don't have that past version!

But I already DID update and don't have that past version!

I know, and very unfortunately, you cannot revert back to 1.05c with Steam alone. However, like I said, if you have a mate with 1.05c, you can use his version as a jumper cable to "jump start" yourself back to version 1.05c, but if you don't there's just nothing that can be done, sorry :-(

I know, and very unfortunately, you cannot revert back to 1.05c with Steam alone. However, like I said, if you have a mate with 1.05c, you can use his version as a jumper cable to "jump start" yourself back to version 1.05c, but if you don't there's just nothing that can be done, sorry :-(

Thanks!
I'm curious if steam autoupdate actually overwrites the past files or moves them to the thrash? Month ago I installed CK2 on the other rarely used PC but then few days ago I did autoupdate - so maybe the past files are still there?

Thanks!
I'm curious if steam autoupdate actually overwrites the past files or moves them to the thrash? Month ago I installed CK2 on the other rarely used PC but then few days ago I did autoupdate - so maybe the past files are still there?

I can confirm with 100% certainty (at least for every system I've ever had Steam installed on) that Steam directly overwrites the old files in an update, and does not place the old ones in the trash.