+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - PATCH RELEASED (v1.05e) - Checksum: BDNP

I think I have the exact same problem! Please fix it asap!

I fear it won't get fixed so fast ad the 1.05e came after 1.05d... Guess they are preparing a greater patch 1.06, which is really sad to me, since not being able to play a game is a major 'bug' to me, that should be fixed asap with a quick fix without letting players wait for something larger. Steam-users cannot use an older patch

They could at least load a "1.05f" to steam, which is 1.05c to make it at least playable till 1.06 comes. Sorry if I sound addicted to the game.

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

If you suspect bugs, you need to post them in the Bug Reports forum, with full documentation and attached saved games, if appropriate. They will simply not get noticed here by the devs.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Can we get any words of wisdom from Mr. Doomdark?

I look forward to more bugfixing and whatever cool free content is coming with 1.06
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My game keeps on crashing on the 8th of April 1114

I can upload the save file if anyone needs to see it

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Yes I would appreciate a 1.05f to iron out the last few bugs so I can start playing again.

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    My game keeps on crashing on the 8th of April 1114

I can upload the save file if anyone needs to see it
    Bug Reports go in the forum by that name, this thread is solely for comment on the patch itself. You'll see numerous reports of this same issue in there, BTW.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

I was smart and bought my game from Gamersgate so I can continue to play 1.05c without worry about the bugs and foulups of 1.05d/e

1.05c works well enough to finish games and have fun against the ai. So, I'm going to stay here until they come out with a SOLID FIX PATCH instead of these socalled quickfix hotfix ones that just go on breaking something else.

Smart? Sounds like you are saying no one should buy at steam.
    Who could know there would be a patch which makes the game completly unplayable? You can also make a backup of the game with steam, so in theory you can patch back... you just need a witch which tells you, that there will be a patch that destroys your game. If I would have known that this will happen, I would also have made a backup of my prior version. Just what bugs me now is, that the next patch takes so long, they could also just make a quick fix, calling it 1.05f and patch it back to 1.05c.
    Last edited by Lamiosa; 11-05-2012 at 17:00.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Up until 1.04 everything was fine really, it's just 1.05 that's been poorly tested and prematurely released.

Guessing from the lack of official comments, we'll have to wait for 1.06 or even, 2.00, to get the game in a decent state again. Oh well, at least Modern Warfare 3 is getting some love from me in the mean time.

Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Habraka View Post
    Guessing from the lack of official comments, we'll have to wait for 1.06 or even, 2.00, to get the game in a decent state again. Oh well, at least Modern Warfare 3 is getting some love from me in the mean time.
    Just out of curiosity -- if you're on Steam, look thru your contacts and see how many people own/play both CK II and MW3. I'd say that has to be a fairly unique brand of gamer.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Just out of curiosity -- if you're on Steam, look thru your contacts and see how many people own/play both CK II and MW3. I'd say that has to be a fairly unique brand of gamer.
    A real gamer plays all types of games, ranging from chess to Counterstrike and everything in between

Does anyone knows how to get back to the earlier version on Steam e.g. 1.05c?

Quote Originally Posted by VonSensburg View Post
    Does anyone knows how to get back to the earlier version on Steam e.g. 1.05c?
    Not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Not possible.
    It is theoretically possible. If you have a version > 1.05c, you need to put Steam into permanent offline mode, then find a mate who has 1.05c installed, and you can copy over ALL his CK2 files and overwrite your own. This will put 1.05c into your steam directory, but since Steam is offline, it won't update the game to 1.05e.

Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.

Quote Originally Posted by trias10 View Post
    It is theoretically possible. If you have a version > 1.05c, you need to put Steam into permanent offline mode, then find a mate who has 1.05c installed, and you can copy over ALL his CK2 files and overwrite your own. This will put 1.05c into your steam directory, but since Steam is offline, it won't update the game to 1.05e.

Also, just a side point: if your Steam is online, and you right click on CK2 and select "do not keep this game up to date", it will still download patches because the Steam system automatically updates games when you run them in Online mode, even if you have told it not to. This is WAD and has been stated in the Steam forums.

The only way to keep Steam from ever updating a product is to put it into permanent offline mode.
    But I already DID update and don't have that past version!

But I already DID update and don't have that past version!
    I know, and very unfortunately, you cannot revert back to 1.05c with Steam alone. However, like I said, if you have a mate with 1.05c, you can use his version as a jumper cable to "jump start" yourself back to version 1.05c, but if you don't there's just nothing that can be done, sorry :-(

I know, and very unfortunately, you cannot revert back to 1.05c with Steam alone. However, like I said, if you have a mate with 1.05c, you can use his version as a jumper cable to "jump start" yourself back to version 1.05c, but if you don't there's just nothing that can be done, sorry :-(
    Thanks!
    I'm curious if steam autoupdate actually overwrites the past files or moves them to the thrash? Month ago I installed CK2 on the other rarely used PC but then few days ago I did autoupdate - so maybe the past files are still there?

Thanks!
    I'm curious if steam autoupdate actually overwrites the past files or moves them to the thrash? Month ago I installed CK2 on the other rarely used PC but then few days ago I did autoupdate - so maybe the past files are still there?
    I can confirm with 100% certainty (at least for every system I've ever had Steam installed on) that Steam directly overwrites the old files in an update, and does not place the old ones in the trash.

I can confirm with 100% certainty (at least for every system I've ever had Steam installed on) that Steam directly overwrites the old files in an update, and does not place the old ones in the trash.
    Unfortunately I thought the same! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast