+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The best armour

But was it actually effective? It looks cool but I doubt it would stop a bullet..
    Aztec Death and taxes AAR (ended)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...in-A-Roman-AAR - The Principality of Vidin - A Roman CK1 AAR. (Ended)

Noobs - Duke of Holland in the noobs multiplayer for CK2 (ended)

France-Allemagne in 'At Civilisation's End' mega campaign (Currently in Victoria II)

Jewlania in 'A Game if Crowns' mega campaign (Currently in CKII

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It did not protect against war pigs and flaming camels... But it is still awesome . It dates from the 1600s (and is currently on display in the Royal Armouries museum in Leeds).
    Last edited by Tamerlan; 02-06-2012 at 22:31.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by el_zilcho321 View Post
    But was it actually effective? It looks cool but I doubt it would stop a bullet..
    Bullets, no, but generally it takes a fair bit to outright kill and elephant, and most cavalry forces of the time and place used composite bows. Powerful things but reliably countered with plated mail.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by el_zilcho321 View Post
    I know a bullet won't stop an elephant, though, for sure!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I know a bullet won't stop an elephant, though, for sure!
    This one will.
    It's always easy to critizise.....Fun too!

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

IIRC the Brittish Longbow could not penetrate the heavy armour but was able to break the bones beneath alone through the kinetical impact.
    There was one Battle report from a battle against heavy french Cavalry and the Brittons had only some Cav but quite some Longbowman.
    The French werent able to close in with enough man..

Also I remeber some old stories about asian armour that were capable of holding off bows while using weaved in armour with silk clothing..

The nowaday kevlar vest are great. That guy must be really trained if thatwas a real shot from that short distance.
    Great advertise for his business..
    Even in WWI personal armor was used to some extend by some special units. But also not with great effect..
    I would like to see the new vest and a dummy shot buy a modern sniper rifle..

For the elephant and overall, back in the 19th century the std rifles had still ~12mm rounds..
    So that would give also a great punch back then, and for killing an Elephant(animal of similar size).
    But well, you need to be a good marksman too..

Cheers,
    Chromos
    Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2