Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

As the title says, lets get a head count here and introductions.

I'll go first.

Hello, I am TheMap been playing MMOs for quite some time under this name. For the past 7-8 years ive been obsessed with sandbox games, starting with EVE, ending with Mortal Online, Xyson, Darkfall (if you want to call DF a sandbox) and for the past 5 or so months HnH.

Anyways, hello to all. I'll be looking to join some colony at some point, no more hermit shit like in HnH.

See ya in game.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ello TheMap

I'm a strategy gamer who plays games like Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis III. But am also into fantasy building games like Dwarf Fortress or to an extent Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    Anyways, hello to all. I'll be looking to join some colony at some point, no more hermit shit like in HnH.
    I used to play HnH, and was a hermit myself. But this time around i decided to join a village, you should join as-well!
    Here's the thread.
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by ETTAR View Post
    ... i decided to join a village, you should join as-well!
    Here's the thread.
    We're always looking for more members.

Howdy, I'll Shodex. I like roleplaying games and shooters, but my taste for shooters is slowly diminishing. But honestly I like just about any game that lets me do something I normally can't in real life. I definitely have a sweet spot for open world games, like Mount & Blade, The Elder Scrolls, etc. I played a bunch of Sandbox MMOs like Face of Mankind (if it counts), Wurm Online, and most importantly Pre-AOS Ultima Online.

I also help run a Minecraft server, which on top of Salem will make me a very busy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodex View Post
    We're always looking for more members.

Howdy, I'll Shodex. I like roleplaying games and shooters, but my taste for shooters is slowly diminishing. But honestly I like just about any game that lets me do something I normally can't in real life. I definitely have a sweet spot for open world games, like Mount & Blade, The Elder Scrolls, etc. I played a bunch of Sandbox MMOs like Face of Mankind (if it counts), Wurm Online, and most importantly Pre-AOS Ultima Online.

I also help run a Minecraft server, which on top of Salem will make me a very busy person.
    Ill check you guys out, I used to run a huge minecraft server but got expensive paying for the dedicated and managing the plugins. Desolation

ColonelTEE3 has been my 'handle' on a lot of gaming forums like dwarf fortress, dawntide, xsyon, darkfall, World of darkness, and now Salem.

I'm really into FPS-rpgs like darkfall, Mass Effect, VtM:bloodlines, Fallout and elder scrolls. I believe the integration of FPS(or personal skill) with RPG (in game character development and progression) is a really fun and interesting set of game dynamics to play in. I'm something of a power gamer when time allows for it, and im harsh on carebearisms like tab targetting because (in MY opinion) tab targetting pvp is 90% character development, 5% button mashing and 5% skill. Penalty-free death or penalty-light death in mmos is boring to me, and i enjoy games where i feel immersed into the survival and success of my character -- if failure or death means nothing to my character, it means nothing to me as a player.

Proud to say i've never played world of warcraft, and i know that may offend some of you, but i played lotro back when i was young and new to mmos so i feel i got the "gist" of what WoW offers and since i've been playing Darkfall upon its release i can't fathom downgrading to another theme-park game like WoW or Rift or Lotro.

I love sandbox games, i think xsyon really flourished as a world builder sandbox and i think its a tragedy they executed the rest of the game so poorly with such a fantastic world builder / city builder. I don't think graphics make or break a game at all -- i play dwarf fortress with the original tileset and i enjoy it fine, so im not at all concerned with graphics in Salem and i hope with harsh game mechanics like permadeath, combined with the sandbox of colonial expansion and city building as well as pvp, that this might be the next big game for me.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

hello, i am Xaldin and i am an rpg gamer, and i think you should be able to be an elf in salem
    ATLANTIS, The land of LINCOLN!!
    Labashthemighty <---- Heartless advertisement

I guess i can do this aswell.
    Hello, im Sumo0. The first mmo i ever played was UO, just sad that back then i was too stupid/young to really appreciate that game. I mostly play MMO, RPG, RTS and FPS^^ games where i have to invest a shitton of time are the games i like the most. The most recent mmo i played was Mortal Online. Im 27 btw.
    I love sandbox games and dislike themeparks. I could never get myself to really play H&H because of the truly crappy resolution.
    And that is the highlights.
    Last edited by sumo0; 25-04-2012 at 07:45.
    I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, I am a citizen of the world.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

thats why they made enders
    ATLANTIS, The land of LINCOLN!!
    Labashthemighty <---- Heartless advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    As the title says, lets get a head count here and introductions.

I'll go first.

Hello, I am TheMap been playing MMOs for quite some time under this name. For the past 7-8 years ive been obsessed with sandbox games, starting with EVE, ending with Mortal Online, Xyson, Darkfall (if you want to call DF a sandbox) and for the past 5 or so months HnH.

See ya in game.
    hey Nick.

Hello I'm Keisari from Something Awful and I'm here to fuck you guys up in any way I can. Pleased to meet you, see you around!

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A gentle reminder on the language.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    G-Mike here. I am a total Paradox Fan boy especially for the historical simulators. MMO exp I have in the past is PSO and WOW. This is my second beta test for Paradox, the first was for Sengoku. When I first saw Salem in person in Jan 2011, I knew this game was going to be special.
    My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

I played haven and hearth. I killed a lot of people.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I play haven and hearth. A lot of people killed me.

;(
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by ETTAR View Post
    I play haven and hearth. A lot of people killed me.

;(
    If you don't die, you're playing it wrong.

hello Pilgrims, I'm Troll the well...troll? whateveer. i saw salem somewhere i can't remember and then joined it for closed beta along with 3 of my friends(none played it, sadly ) i love strategy games but Salem seemed nice, so i joined. I have some minecraft experience and tried to play HnH but had some problems with java so i couldn't. anyway, i'm just here so hell oto everyone, have a nice game etc. whatevarr whatevaaar
    Note: also played FoM until it pretty much died. and i guess there are a few of us who play this game .

Hello all!

RetroCrumpet as my forum handle suggests. Like a few i've been playing MMOs since UO (and still have an active sub, no hate please :P)

Play a wide range of titles but prefer an online focus, enjoying Salem thusfar with my limited time.

More than looking forward to an ex-UO village