+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.05 Change Log

Sorry, but im not a fan of the crusading system. Needs some more tweeks IMHO. I dont like the fact that Poland is in Spain, Munster in Jerusalem, and Norway is in Western Africa.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.
    Cool, this is how I think it should be, except for not allowing empires to add new de jure kingdoms.

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That is... tons of fixes.

MINOR:
    - Embarked armies no longer suffer attrition
    Totally NOT minor, this is a huge boon to coastal empire like ERE.
    I'm not complaining, coastal empires needed this badly, along with the tax boost for coastal provinces cause those ship levies are expensive!

The cost/benefit for coastal warfare is about right, with this. Traveling to Gibralter from Constantinople with a doom fleet could kill off a large portion of your army.
    And trying to participate in a crusade for ascalon from scandinavia, holy crap it was horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    Cool, this is how I think it should be, except for not allowing empires to add new de jure kingdoms.
    Im not sure the assimilating rules work correctly though.

Its great of Doomdark to tell us how its supposed to work but until I wipe off a De Jure Kingdom or hear someone else has, I assume somethings not WAD.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    - Portrait clothes are now uncoupled from ethnicity
    What are they coupled to now, and are they still hardcoded?

- There is now a "Plot" button in the character view, offering a more flexible way of picking plots against characters
    Anything that gives the player more choice and control in how their ruler acts and interacts is good.

- Made the revolters in independence wars start gaining ticking war score, and do so immediately
    Sounds like someone declaring independence can build the needed warscore without having to seize a large number of holdings from the former liege, then? Good.

Can anyone confirm if an external kingdom can be absorbed into an empire?

105 Spain in the year 1200. Odd. At least the borders are clean...but odd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	105spain.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	52469

Quote Originally Posted by Garnrag View Post
    Can anyone confirm if an external kingdom can be absorbed into an empire?
    I can confirm it cant. Empires are always made of the same constituent kingdoms (those defined in landed_titles). Imperial borders now fluctuate based on the flux of the de jure borders of their constituent kingdoms only.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yorba Linda, California, United States, 107670702594209, Yorba Linda, California
    are those de Jure HRE?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yorba Linda, California, United States, 107670702594209, Yorba Linda, California
    Which of course sucks for those of us in Duchies outside the de Jure part of the empire in elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    I can confirm it cant. Empires are always made of the same constituent kingdoms (those defined in landed_titles). Imperial borders now fluctuate based on the flux of the de jure borders of their constituent kingdoms only.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Some of the changes are great, especially those that add more things to do, or more options!

But please no de iure Kingdom of Pomerania. It never existed. If you are doing it because of the Wends, call it the Wends, and in that case, while I'm not absolutely sure, I believe Stettin shouldn't be de iure in it. Pomerania does belong in de iure Poland from late 12th century on.

Speaking of Poland, I'm surprised that Yatvyagi and Jacviez (which sounds like a different spelling of the same name in both cases) are parts of de iure Kingdom of Poland or Duchy of Masovia. Those weren't historically parts of Poland or Masovia, nor did the respective rulers have any good claims on the chieftains who ruled the tribes there. From a roleplaying point of view, this is actually bad because I need to include those provinces in calculations or even go and get them or something, when playing as Poland. In one situation they were involved in Duchy of Masovia title usurpation by someone under the Golden Horde.
    CK2 Succession Survival Guide
    CK2 Book of Tips (46 and counting)
    CK2 suggestions of fixes and improvements (63 and counting)

CK2 AARs:
    Dominus Regni Poloniae (8 Feb 1296 Duchy of Greater Poland, finished)
    Lives of the Saints (Various times and places, single-character games)
    Land's End (A tale from Tintagel)
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

Kudos. Lots of little things I wanted to see and some big ones.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Is it just me or all the random courtiers now completely terrible? I know I'm a small count and don't have a big court but my current Martial has a rating of 2 and my spymaster has intrigue 5. I'm not asking for superhuman courtiers, but someone with the rating of 8+ might be nice

Field Marshal

Blog Entries
    Interface question: where's the button for creating titular titles (and how do I find out about the scripted capitals)?

CK2 AARs:
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieOne View Post
    Interface question: where's the button for creating titular titles (and how do I find out about the scripted capitals)?
    If youre able to create a titular title, a Create alert should pop up, exactly like when youre able to create a regular (ducal/royal) title.

My 25 year old Duke just died, and it said he died due to being very stressed.

The man was living in a remote island in scotland... don't know why he was stressed at all...

Field Marshal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    If youre able to create a titular title, a Create alert should pop up, exactly like when youre able to create a regular (ducal/royal) title.
    Thanks!

CK2 AARs:
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Keioel View Post
    Carinthia shall be Italian again!!
    Even before this patch I always moved the duchy of Carinthia back to the HRE and the German Kingdom, but I always moved Aquileia to the duchy (margraviate) of Verona, so that this region would stay Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieOne View Post
    Some of the changes are great, especially those that add more things to do, or more options!

But please no de iure Kingdom of Pomerania. It never existed. If you are doing it because of the Wends, call it the Wends, and in that case, while I'm not absolutely sure, I believe Stettin shouldn't be de iure in it. Pomerania does belong in de iure Poland from late 12th century on.

Speaking of Poland, I'm surprised that Yatvyagi and Jacviez (which sounds like a different spelling of the same name in both cases) are parts of de iure Kingdom of Poland or Duchy of Masovia. Those weren't historically parts of Poland or Masovia, nor did the respective rulers have any good claims on the chieftains who ruled the tribes there. From a roleplaying point of view, this is actually bad because I need to include those provinces in calculations or even go and get them or something, when playing as Poland. In one situation they were involved in Duchy of Masovia title usurpation by someone under the Golden Horde.
    IIRC Pomeralia became Polish, but the duchy of Pomerania eventually went to the HRE, but I share your general concerns about a kingdom of Pomerania. Regarding Jacwiez and Yatvyagi I reshuffled the region so that a duchy of Podlasie can be created.

Can anyone confirm what happens for empires with non-de-jure kingdoms? Do the kingdoms become de-jure?
    If not, do the duchies at least become de-jure?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast