• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the patch be released for steam too? I imagine it will, and how about the dlc?

You know for someone like myself, who loves all types of games, Pardox has stepped up and become my favorite developers by far. Damn good job you guys.

Great changes. Really appreciate more predictability when it comes to educating the young. Thank you PI for listening to the fans and making worthwhile changes.

yeah this is probably one of the things i look forward to the most (besides the extra kingdoms in the germany region :D). Getting a misguided warrior when taught by a midas touched ruler with 20 learning is a bit off :p

- Women and illegitimate bastards no longer get pressed (inheritable) claims on their parents' titles

OK, I need to assimilate this. If I understand it correctly, now you won't get claims with marriage strategy (cause woman no longer will get any claims) and will have to limit yourself to forging them or marrying and assassinating your way to the throne?

I'm thinking on the implicaitons of this and I think they're HUGE.

- You no longer get Piety from handing out the same title to the Church multiple times
- You no longer get Piety from handing out duchies and above to clergy
- The Piety from giving a county to the Church is now 50 (down from 100)

I assume this was done to counter the exploit of repeatedly granting and revoking titles to the church to generate piety. Wouldn't it have been a better solution to make revoking church titles (of your own religion) cost piety?

Hopefully it fixes common crashes on my end here. Everything else there looks good. I like the look of cause of death being displayed, that always felt missing to me. Keep it up.

- Women and illegitimate bastards no longer get pressed (inheritable) claims on their parents' titles

OK, I need to assimilate this. If I understand it correctly, now you won't get claims with marriage strategy (cause woman no longer will get any claims) and will have to limit yourself to forging them or marrying and assassinating your way to the throne?

Yeah, its gonna be pretty damn hard getting claims now, wheter this is a good or bad thing i do not know.

No. Basically, what this means, is that a woman's claim to a title will -not- be inherited by her successor unless pressed in a war.

The way in interpret this is that illegitimate bastards and women get non-inheritable claims, so they still receive a claim, but it will need to be pressed in a war in order for the children to get that claim.

However, since you can press claims for women as long as the succession law isn't agnotic, this should balance out, and be better long-term (in my opinion).

Not quite, women still get claims but they arent PRESSED claims. The next line reveals that we can now PRESS female claims, so you can still marry for claims, but youll need to press them once to make them inheritable.

(emu'd)

Not quite, women still get claims but they arent PRESSED claims. The next line reveals that we can now PRESS female claims, so you can still marry for claims, but youll need to press them once to make them inheritable.

(emu'd)

So if you marry the Daughter of the King of Scotland, your son will still inherit a claim on the scottish crown?

(emu'd)

I predict many players starting wars for their wife's claims and white peace'ing out of the war, so that their sons can inherit...

Fun!

That was my reaction at first, but I interpreted it as they will gain non-inheritable claims. Further down the patch log, it states that you may now press female courtiers' and vassals' claims in war. So, instead of waiting for your son to inherit the claim, you can press your wife's. This will be especially useful in modeling the Anarchy, as Geoffrey may now press Matilda's claim to England.

EDIT: Emu'd like hell.