• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry, but im not a fan of the crusading system. Needs some more tweeks IMHO. I dont like the fact that Poland is in Spain, Munster in Jerusalem, and Norway is in Western Africa.

There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.
Cool, this is how I think it should be, except for not allowing empires to add new de jure kingdoms.

MINOR:
- Embarked armies no longer suffer attrition

Totally NOT minor, this is a huge boon to coastal empire like ERE.
I'm not complaining, coastal empires needed this badly, along with the tax boost for coastal provinces cause those ship levies are expensive!

The cost/benefit for coastal warfare is about right, with this. Traveling to Gibralter from Constantinople with a doom fleet could kill off a large portion of your army.
And trying to participate in a crusade for ascalon from scandinavia, holy crap it was horrible!

Cool, this is how I think it should be, except for not allowing empires to add new de jure kingdoms.

Im not sure the assimilating rules work correctly though.

Its great of Doomdark to tell us how its supposed to work but until I wipe off a De Jure Kingdom or hear someone else has, I assume somethings not WAD.

- Portrait clothes are now uncoupled from ethnicity

What are they coupled to now, and are they still hardcoded?

- There is now a "Plot" button in the character view, offering a more flexible way of picking plots against characters

Anything that gives the player more choice and control in how their ruler acts and interacts is good.

- Made the revolters in independence wars start gaining ticking war score, and do so immediately

Sounds like someone declaring independence can build the needed warscore without having to seize a large number of holdings from the former liege, then? Good.

105 Spain in the year 1200. Odd. At least the borders are clean...but odd.

105spain.jpg

Can anyone confirm if an external kingdom can be absorbed into an empire?

I can confirm it cant. Empires are always made of the same constituent kingdoms (those defined in landed_titles). Imperial borders now fluctuate based on the flux of the de jure borders of their constituent kingdoms only.

Which of course sucks for those of us in Duchies outside the de Jure part of the empire in elections.

I can confirm it cant. Empires are always made of the same constituent kingdoms (those defined in landed_titles). Imperial borders now fluctuate based on the flux of the de jure borders of their constituent kingdoms only.

Some of the changes are great, especially those that add more things to do, or more options!

But please no de iure Kingdom of Pomerania. It never existed. If you are doing it because of the Wends, call it the Wends, and in that case, while I'm not absolutely sure, I believe Stettin shouldn't be de iure in it. Pomerania does belong in de iure Poland from late 12th century on.

Speaking of Poland, I'm surprised that Yatvyagi and Jacviez (which sounds like a different spelling of the same name in both cases) are parts of de iure Kingdom of Poland or Duchy of Masovia. Those weren't historically parts of Poland or Masovia, nor did the respective rulers have any good claims on the chieftains who ruled the tribes there. From a roleplaying point of view, this is actually bad because I need to include those provinces in calculations or even go and get them or something, when playing as Poland. In one situation they were involved in Duchy of Masovia title usurpation by someone under the Golden Horde.

Is it just me or all the random courtiers now completely terrible? I know I'm a small count and don't have a big court but my current Martial has a rating of 2 and my spymaster has intrigue 5. I'm not asking for superhuman courtiers, but someone with the rating of 8+ might be nice

Carinthia shall be Italian again!!

Even before this patch I always moved the duchy of Carinthia back to the HRE and the German Kingdom:), but I always moved Aquileia to the duchy (margraviate) of Verona, so that this region would stay Italian:).

Some of the changes are great, especially those that add more things to do, or more options!

But please no de iure Kingdom of Pomerania. It never existed. If you are doing it because of the Wends, call it the Wends, and in that case, while I'm not absolutely sure, I believe Stettin shouldn't be de iure in it. Pomerania does belong in de iure Poland from late 12th century on.

Speaking of Poland, I'm surprised that Yatvyagi and Jacviez (which sounds like a different spelling of the same name in both cases) are parts of de iure Kingdom of Poland or Duchy of Masovia. Those weren't historically parts of Poland or Masovia, nor did the respective rulers have any good claims on the chieftains who ruled the tribes there. From a roleplaying point of view, this is actually bad because I need to include those provinces in calculations or even go and get them or something, when playing as Poland. In one situation they were involved in Duchy of Masovia title usurpation by someone under the Golden Horde.

IIRC Pomeralia became Polish, but the duchy of Pomerania eventually went to the HRE, but I share your general concerns about a kingdom of Pomerania. Regarding Jacwiez and Yatvyagi I reshuffled the region so that a duchy of Podlasie can be created.