• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you tried it while holding both titles?

Not yet, mostly doing this hands off and noting observations.

I also have Crimea, last duchy of Khazaria, refusing to assimilate to Hungary though, and same deal with Bulgaria, so I gotta a feeling thats just the way this works.

So far honestly Im less than impressed by how assimilation works and I may just choose to disable it by setting the timer to 400 years :(

Hmm, I was hoping to absorb Sicily into Italy as I traditionally just make and hold both Titles...but I guess I could live with a single Duchy Kingdom of Sicily :)

I also have Crimea, last duchy of Khazaria, refusing to assimilate to Hungary though, and same deal with Bulgaria, so I gotta a feeling thats just the way this works.

So far honestly Im less than impressed by how assimilation works and I may just choose to disable it by setting the timer to 400 years :(

According to what you say, I have the same impression and think at the same option - unless our 'modding capablities' were enhanced in that regard.

This is a known issue, Paradox will make a hotfix within the next couple of days.
Good to hear. A quick 5 minutes check of the interface files suggests that it is external_scroll_slider that got messed up, but with a fix already scheduled, no need for my guessing or spending time on rewriting the two GUI elements' listboxes/scrolltypebars to get scrolling back for my ongoing AAR game. (Mousewheel scrolling on those two particular lists is just too important to miss! :D)

I hate that there is now a kingdome of Bavaria which has never existed ;)

There were kings of Bavaria from 591 to 610, from 817 to 911 and from 1806 to 1918. So it did exist.. :)

Which rules over Austria and even Carinthia :p

Maybe kingdoms inside Empires should be called Archduchies, then you rename this to Austria and you've got a ball game.

Which all was part of the duchy of Bavaria at some point.

March_of_Austria-Duchy_of_Bavaria.png

So far my largest issue remains the apparent inability to absorb the last De Jure duchy of a Kingdom, which seems to be the case whether created or not de facto. I wonder if this is WAD?

On a separate note, it appears when you have multiple kingdoms there is no drift. Rus and Poland are jointly ruled by a Russian and they are not merging. So this system is extremely unlikely to ever allow the unification of Spain for instance.

So far my largest issue remains the apparent inability to absorb the last De Jure duchy of a Kingdom, which seems to be the case whether created or not de facto. I wonder if this is WAD?

On a separate note, it appears when you have multiple kingdoms there is no drift. Rus and Poland are jointly ruled by a Russian and they are not merging.

There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.

Ah crap!! Note to self do not form Sicily. Now, once I've incorporated all of Sicily into Italy can I form it as a Titular title for self aggrandizement?

There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.

There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating.

Thanks a ton, hmm. I cant explain whats whats wrong with my hands off game then, but ill keep trying and see what happens :)

Out of curiosity, whats supposed to happen to the King title of a totally assimilated Kingdom, given I have been unsuccessful in making that happen? Does it become Titular or just vanish?

Well, I was right about picking off OPMs in holy wars... Not exactly a viable solution anymore, unless you're already big. Though, on the bright side, I don't have to worry about the Shia caliphate coming to defend many, since there aren't too many Shia out there.

Ah crap!! Note to self do not form Sicily. Now, once I've incorporated all of Sicily into Italy can I form it as a Titular title for self aggrandizement?

You were faster than me in asking that haha.

Hey, I just thought of something funny! If you are King of Italy and King of Sicily, you can instantly switch your De Jure liege at will between the HRE and Byzantium, just by changing your primary title :D Edit: oh wait, no, doesnt work. Forgot Italy isn't de jure HRE.

You have NO idea how frustrating that is to be the 2nd choice of electors, and have the entire peninsula full of Dukes, and be unable to vote LOL

You were faster than me in asking that haha.

Hey, I just thought of something funny! If you are King of Italy and King of Sicily, you can instantly switch your De Jure liege at will between the HRE and Byzantium, just by changing your primary title :D Edit: oh wait, no, doesnt work. Forgot Italy isn't de jure HRE.