• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it just me or all the random courtiers now completely terrible? I know I'm a small count and don't have a big court but my current Martial has a rating of 2 and my spymaster has intrigue 5. I'm not asking for superhuman courtiers, but someone with the rating of 8+ might be nice

I don't know if it's a change since I haven't played a single county in awhile, but I'm getting the same, I actually had to use the event to invite someone because I didn't have enough (and he had straight 0 stats and was an imbecile - that was a 30 gold well spent)

I also can't even load my last saved games (yes from this patch). My ruler died at 22 with no heirs so I restarted and I can't even load the autosaved games... what a waste for a first playthrough

Is anyone else getting a bug where if their guardian is a grey eminence (diplo type) all of their wards are of the intrigue type? I thought they're suppose to be the same type now? Ah nevermind just found the bug report forum

Last edited:
Hi, sory for my bad english. I have a problem with patch 1.05. I play Poland scenario Third Crusad and on 31 January 1295 I have frozen game. You know, I can't move screen and I only hear music. I try to load autosave again, and again but always was this problem. I start another campaign but again has the same but was in another date. Could you help me ?

Hi, sory for my bad english. I have a problem with patch 1.05. I play Poland scenario Third Crusad and on 31 January 1295 I have frozen game. You know, I can't move screen and I only hear music. I try to load autosave again, and again but always was this problem. I start another campaign but again has the same but was in another date. Could you help me ?

not really the right place. register your game and try the tech support forum. make sure you have the right checksum though.

With the change so that clothing is not tied to culture, has anyone figured out what it is tied to now?

I'm confused as to exactly what this means. Can someone illustrate it with an example?

Sure, it makes more sense if you look at the post he was replying to. It just means that if you are king of Hungary-Croatia (a de facto state because of the common monarch), your Croatian duchies will never assimilate to your Hungarian crown or Vice-versa.

Assimilation of duchies essentially targets either inactive (uncreated/fully conquered) kingdoms as well as kingdoms partially occupied for extended amounts of time, its not a way to merge your multiple crowns into one one sweet Crown... one Crown to Rule them All, One Crown to bring them all and in the purple bind them, in the land of Byzantium where the Caesars lie... ahem. :wub:

Whoa, something is messed up, the colours in the game have gone bananas, it's like everything has saturation blown out and contrast thrown to max. Even the DDS opening images are messed up. Seems like a D3D issue.

Maybe Steam released some sort of beta patch accidentally. Anyone else getting weird colours?

i've the same problem. Do you find a solution ?

After downloading the latest patch on Steam, my colours are now completely wrong; lettering is filled with black, with only outlines available, and colour burn is giving some pretty trippy colours all over the game; it is still playable, but only barely. Anyone else getting a similar problem?

After downloading the latest patch on Steam, my colours are now completely wrong; lettering is filled with black, with only outlines available, and colour burn is giving some pretty trippy colours all over the game; it is still playable, but only barely. Anyone else getting a similar problem?

Read up: 'Delete your documents / Paradox Interactive / Crusader Kings II folder. This folder contains settings files and deleting it should fix your problem. But beware, if your save files are located there, remember to backup them.'

Failing that, verify your game files (Steam) or try re-installing.