• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess if they coded the HRE AI to try to create Kingdoms early on it may be a problem. Hadnt thought about this possibility, though I certainly like the change that aside.

I guess if they coded the HRE AI to try to create Kingdoms early on it may be a problem. Hadnt thought about this possibility, though I certainly like the change that aside.
But when it comes to making kingdoms to centralise your vassals itll be awesome! you wont have to give all the duchies to one vassal and hope it takes the hint anymore.

is it just me or has it been an hour since this thread was started and still no patch?, thats surprising that is but no worries itll come when it comes. things do that

Like most of these changes but would be nice if the reward for amass wealth was increased (somewhere between + 2 to + 4 stewardship seems reasonable) if you can only do it once. Should also make it scale up with income (but not fall below 500).

But when it comes to making kingdoms to centralise your vassals itll be awesome! you wont have to give all the duchies to one vassal and hope it takes the hint anymore.

Yes of course, thats why I like this change. I just dont want say, Matilda to own most of Italy and not have a shot at the Crown because the richer Emperor managed to buy it first.

Its a wonderful thing indeed that everyone thinks that the patch is wonderful without even trying it out.

Still would have liked to see Ethiopians protected from Holy Wars. Oh well...

And they took away my beloved Amass Wealth spam! Noo!

Another minor thing that sucks about emperors now being to create kingdoms, is that you will not be able to see all the duchies within King vassals, HRE will now (maybe) consist of 3 large blobs.

"- Duchies can now be assimilated into another de jure kingdom (takes 100 years)"

Can kingdoms be assimilated into empires in the same way?

I do hope so, that would be excellent.

Another minor thing that sucks about emperors now being to create kingdoms, is that you will not be able to see all the duchies within King vassals, HRE will now (maybe) consist of 3 large blobs.

...So? I eagerly await the power-play between 3 said blobs.

Thanks Paradox! Nothing else to add, im really happy with this patch.

How does the assimilation of duchies work? Will it reset if the duchy revolts at any point? That seems likely, but it also seems a little bit unnecessary.

- Added a 'give_minor_title' effect
Many thanks for this, we can now add some AGOT appropriate titles. It is a great set of changes in general.

Although a de facto county/duchy map mode would of been nice

...So? I eagerly await the power-play between 3 said blobs.

I can say from experience that there's still quite a lot of power play within the blobs as well - once a few succession crises and usupration plots kick off, you wind up with some fractal blobs and a lot of ducal/count vassals that still belong to the emperor but have shucked off their king for the time being.