Go to thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.05 Change Log

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yorba Linda, California, United States, 107670702594209, Yorba Linda, California
    Thank you Captain Obvious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    This is a known issue, Paradox will make a hotfix within the next couple of days.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight

Yorba Linda, California, United States, 107670702594209, Yorba Linda, California
    Have you tried it while holding both titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    Its going to make the map fugly tho. And the 'last duchy of Aquitaine' thats not assimilating is actually Toulouse (Yes, it owns Viviers)

Quote Originally Posted by Keioel View Post
    Have you tried it while holding both titles?
    Not yet, mostly doing this hands off and noting observations.

I also have Crimea, last duchy of Khazaria, refusing to assimilate to Hungary though, and same deal with Bulgaria, so I gotta a feeling thats just the way this works.

So far honestly Im less than impressed by how assimilation works and I may just choose to disable it by setting the timer to 400 years

For Republic lovers, Genoa holds Mallorca+Naples/Capua and Venice holds Malta in my hands off

Hmm, I was hoping to absorb Sicily into Italy as I traditionally just make and hold both Titles...but I guess I could live with a single Duchy Kingdom of Sicily

I also have Crimea, last duchy of Khazaria, refusing to assimilate to Hungary though, and same deal with Bulgaria, so I gotta a feeling thats just the way this works.

So far honestly Im less than impressed by how assimilation works and I may just choose to disable it by setting the timer to 400 years

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

According to what you say, I have the same impression and think at the same option - unless our 'modding capablities' were enhanced in that regard.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is a known issue, Paradox will make a hotfix within the next couple of days.
    Good to hear. A quick 5 minutes check of the interface files suggests that it is external_scroll_slider that got messed up, but with a fix already scheduled, no need for my guessing or spending time on rewriting the two GUI elements' listboxes/scrolltypebars to get scrolling back for my ongoing AAR game. (Mousewheel scrolling on those two particular lists is just too important to miss! )
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

I hate that there is now a kingdome of Bavaria which has never existed

Quote Originally Posted by teufels-beitrag View Post
    Which rules over Austria and even Carinthia

Maybe kingdoms inside Empires should be called Archduchies, then you rename this to Austria and you've got a ball game.

Carinthia shall be Italian again!!

Sig Sig Sputnik Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by teufels-beitrag View Post
    There were kings of Bavaria from 591 to 610, from 817 to 911 and from 1806 to 1918. So it did exist..

Which rules over Austria and even Carinthia

Maybe kingdoms inside Empires should be called Archduchies, then you rename this to Austria and you've got a ball game.
    Which all was part of the duchy of Bavaria at some point.

I thought there was a Kingdom of Bavaria right before Germany formed in the 19th century?

EDIT: the post above this is a much better response...

So far my largest issue remains the apparent inability to absorb the last De Jure duchy of a Kingdom, which seems to be the case whether created or not de facto. I wonder if this is WAD?

On a separate note, it appears when you have multiple kingdoms there is no drift. Rus and Poland are jointly ruled by a Russian and they are not merging. So this system is extremely unlikely to ever allow the unification of Spain for instance.

There were kings of Bavaria from 591 to 610, from 817 to 911 and from 1806 to 1918. So it did exist..

Which all was part of the duchy of Bavaria at some point.
    Huh. I didnt know that, thanks.

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

So far my largest issue remains the apparent inability to absorb the last De Jure duchy of a Kingdom, which seems to be the case whether created or not de facto. I wonder if this is WAD?

On a separate note, it appears when you have multiple kingdoms there is no drift. Rus and Poland are jointly ruled by a Russian and they are not merging.
    There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Ah crap!! Note to self do not form Sicily. Now, once I've incorporated all of Sicily into Italy can I form it as a Titular title for self aggrandizement?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating. However, duchies in the same de facto state will not assimilate, no. That is WAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    There is no rule preventing the last duchy from assimilating.
    Thanks a ton, hmm. I cant explain whats whats wrong with my hands off game then, but ill keep trying and see what happens

Out of curiosity, whats supposed to happen to the King title of a totally assimilated Kingdom, given I have been unsuccessful in making that happen? Does it become Titular or just vanish?

Well, I was right about picking off OPMs in holy wars... Not exactly a viable solution anymore, unless you're already big. Though, on the bright side, I don't have to worry about the Shia caliphate coming to defend many, since there aren't too many Shia out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keioel View Post
    Ah crap!! Note to self do not form Sicily. Now, once I've incorporated all of Sicily into Italy can I form it as a Titular title for self aggrandizement?
    You were faster than me in asking that haha.

Hey, I just thought of something funny! If you are King of Italy and King of Sicily, you can instantly switch your De Jure liege at will between the HRE and Byzantium, just by changing your primary title Edit: oh wait, no, doesnt work. Forgot Italy isn't de jure HRE.

You have NO idea how frustrating that is to be the 2nd choice of electors, and have the entire peninsula full of Dukes, and be unable to vote LOL

You were faster than me in asking that haha.

Hey, I just thought of something funny! If you are King of Italy and King of Sicily, you can instantly switch your De Jure liege at will between the HRE and Byzantium, just by changing your primary title Edit: oh wait, no, doesnt work. Forgot Italy isn't de jure HRE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast