+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.05 Change Log

I guess if they coded the HRE AI to try to create Kingdoms early on it may be a problem. Hadnt thought about this possibility, though I certainly like the change that aside.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    I guess if they coded the HRE AI to try to create Kingdoms early on it may be a problem. Hadnt thought about this possibility, though I certainly like the change that aside.
    But when it comes to making kingdoms to centralise your vassals itll be awesome! you wont have to give all the duchies to one vassal and hope it takes the hint anymore.

is it just me or has it been an hour since this thread was started and still no patch?, thats surprising that is but no worries itll come when it comes. things do that
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    It's always been Wankershim

Like most of these changes but would be nice if the reward for amass wealth was increased (somewhere between + 2 to + 4 stewardship seems reasonable) if you can only do it once. Should also make it scale up with income (but not fall below 500).

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    But when it comes to making kingdoms to centralise your vassals itll be awesome! you wont have to give all the duchies to one vassal and hope it takes the hint anymore.
    Yes of course, thats why I like this change. I just dont want say, Matilda to own most of Italy and not have a shot at the Crown because the richer Emperor managed to buy it first.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    The AI is usually pretty good at creating duchies, I hope this isnt the case with Kingdoms.

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IINaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

It looks awesome!

Now release the kra..ehh...patch..so we can confirm it is indeed, awesome

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Its a wonderful thing indeed that everyone thinks that the patch is wonderful without even trying it out.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joćo II of Portugal

Still would have liked to see Ethiopians protected from Holy Wars. Oh well...

And they took away my beloved Amass Wealth spam! Noo!

Nice to see so many fixes that have been discussed in the forums. Good to know the forums are being observed

"- Duchies can now be assimilated into another de jure kingdom (takes 100 years)"

Can kingdoms be assimilated into empires in the same way?

Another minor thing that sucks about emperors now being to create kingdoms, is that you will not be able to see all the duchies within King vassals, HRE will now (maybe) consist of 3 large blobs.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnrag View Post
    "- Duchies can now be assimilated into another de jure kingdom (takes 100 years)"

Can kingdoms be assimilated into empires in the same way?
    I do hope so, that would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by n000b View Post
    Another minor thing that sucks about emperors now being to create kingdoms, is that you will not be able to see all the duchies within King vassals, HRE will now (maybe) consist of 3 large blobs.
    ...So? I eagerly await the power-play between 3 said blobs.
    This mark entitles the bearer to have beer bought by Lurken
    Lurken says:
    and she texts "It is difficult when you are so kind - it gets hard to avoid..." am I the only one reading it as she texts that it is hard to avoid dumping him and make a new move on me?
    Zach says:
    I read it as her trying to say "Oh, take me and ravage me as if I were the Russian hordes trying to reclaim the Baltic States, you charismatic Swede, you"
    The Radiant Light of The Rising Sun, Bringer of Clarity, Herald of Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    Its a wonderful thing indeed that everyone thinks that the patch is wonderful without even trying it out.
    I think that changelog is pretty great, but obviously the patch may be another matter

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    ImpireIron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks Paradox! Nothing else to add, im really happy with this patch.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How does the assimilation of duchies work? Will it reset if the duchy revolts at any point? That seems likely, but it also seems a little bit unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvink View Post
    What i was trying to say is that a way to view vassals, within vassals, is needed.

Having 3 big kings within the empire would indeed be cool. What i fear is that the HRE just keeps the king titles for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    - Added a 'give_minor_title' effect
    Many thanks for this, we can now add some AGOT appropriate titles. It is a great set of changes in general.

Although a de facto county/duchy map mode would of been nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvink View Post
    I can say from experience that there's still quite a lot of power play within the blobs as well - once a few succession crises and usupration plots kick off, you wind up with some fractal blobs and a lot of ducal/count vassals that still belong to the emperor but have shucked off their king for the time being.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by n000b View Post
    More like 8: Lotharingia, Frisia, Pommerania, Bavaria, Italy, Germany, Bohemia, Burgundy.

Great changes. Really appreciate more predictability when it comes to educating the young. Thank you PI for listening to the fans and making worthwhile changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast