+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of a Live Stream?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Any chance of a Live Stream?

Or is it still to early/unpolished to let us see some gameplay ala CK2
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Like the AARs, not yet.
    We're still flying

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So ubik's "release candidate" talk was mere teasing? /anguish

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

No, that is the stage we are, but there are still issues to solve so this is not the time to start writing/streaming.
    We're still flying

The lack of any reasonable preview is causing the deaths of thousands of kittens world wide. I hope you are happy with yourselves!
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    The lack of any reasonable preview is causing the deaths of thousands of kittens world wide. I hope you are happy with yourselves!
    Yes, have mercy for the kittens! Click image for larger version

Name:	kitten.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	52454

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight

I think that CK2 Stream was a massive boon to sales, I think.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I think that CK2 Stream was a massive boon to sales, I think.
    Care to explain why? (Just curious)
    You must unlearn what you have learned

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Descri View Post
    Care to explain why? (Just curious)
    There was a lot of viewers and having Let's Plays a week or two before release and hours of footage. There was plenty of material to view if you were interested in the game. I liked a lot.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

We may see some let's play videos from people who acquire review copies of the game. If we don't see any pre-release gameplay footage, then it might be a very, very bad sign and in that case I would wait on purchasing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    We may see some let's play videos from people who acquire review copies of the game. If we don't see any pre-release gameplay footage, then it might be a very, very bad sign and in that case I would wait on purchasing the game.
    "Pre-release gameplay footage" itself is a non-starter. Sorry. If you delay your purchase over the lack of such gimmicks, that is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    "Pre-release gameplay footage" itself is a non-starter.
    Huh? As far as I can tell, most games usually do release footage of pre-release gameplay. Why is it a non-starter?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by unc15 View Post
    Huh? As far as I can tell, most games usually do release footage of pre-release gameplay. Why is it a non-starter?
    because you can edit out crashes and things you dont like, live streams on the other hand...
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Exactly--it's a sign that the publisher is confident in their game. Crusader Kings 2 had a ton of pre-release video that created more buzz for the game. It's not surprising to people who watched those videos that CK2 came out fun and relatively free of bugs. These vids make for great free-advertising.

If I see evidence of a bug-free, complete game before-hand I'd definitely pre-order or buy as soon as it comes out. Otherwise I'll wait for positive reviews before making a purchase (hopefully I'll see those in the first week of release!). I do understand if distributing press copies is a decision that Paradox makes and not the developers, so I won't stress out to much if there turns out to be a total information blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    No, that is the stage we are, but there are still issues to solve so this is not the time to start writing/streaming.
    Best not to jump the gun, then. Do it only when you have a product that is finished, and you can maintain to your audience that you aren't avoiding any problems in showing them what's on the screen. Take your time. Do it right.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Bertouch View Post
    Best not to jump the gun, then. Do it only when you have a product that is finished, and you can maintain to your audience that you aren't avoiding any problems in showing them what's on the screen. Take your time. Do it right.
    +1. Paradox really earned itself a name as a publisher which releases buggy games. Most people hadn't bothered checking out Paradox's deep, complex games in the first place because of bugs as well. Now with CK2 they have a chance to get on the right path (disregarding whatever happened with Gettysburg, which I still don't quite understand) and MMtG is superb to get Paradox a better reputation. Oh and it's an amazing game that deserves to be perfect at release
    You must unlearn what you have learned

I don't play grand strategy because it takes a lot of time to learn before it becomes fun.
    Not because they're buggy. I suspect that it's the complexity of the games and the pretty boring visuals (world maps can't really be made that fun though) that are "scaring" people away.

Quote Originally Posted by zenarion View Post
    I don't play grand strategy because it takes a lot of time to learn before it becomes fun.
    Not because they're buggy. I suspect that it's the complexity of the games and the pretty boring visuals (world maps can't really be made that fun though) that are "scaring" people away.
    I find it rather pathetic that you simply can't be bothered to learn to play a game.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by zenarion View Post
    I don't play grand strategy [...]
    Why are you on this forum then, if I may ask?
    OP = original poster

TS = transport stream

Another thing, soldier have morale, clergy are moral, well hopefully at least.

Hopefully this is cleared up now.

I would really like some footage of Magna Mundi, especially from an experienced live streamer. I could post that footage on 3 forums and on facebook and spread the word - a video shows much more than a picture. Besides, CK2 also had bugs in the beta, it was when the game was streamed that many faults where found. A streamer can also pick up interested viewers who like watching random streams, and more would find out about the coming game. We don't need a developer playing, just be able to pass the beta to a live streamer at least a few weeks before release. OFC, you might already planned to do this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast