• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grrrrrrr. I wish I'd known this before I gave someone £20 of my hard earned money.

I thought it was all to good to be true that I was getting it so much cheaper than on Steam.

I really hope there is a solution to this soon as I'd rather not have to send my game back.

Perhaps the distributor could give us a free download key or something?

I don't see it as a patch problem. A patch is usually to fix bugs or alter existing content. This is just plain old missing content. We need the entire AHD expantion and that is a little more than a patch. Of course I cold be wrong (its been known ;)).

I wish they could sort this problem as soon as possible, otherwise i am going to have to send the game back, which i don't want to do.

Same here. I already emailed the seller (an Amazon Marketplace seller) and they said that AHDs on the disk and is installed at the same time as vic2. I sent them another email saying no.... Lets hope they're not building up to try and screw me over if I do need a return.

Grandad at least you got a reply from amazon I reported a problem with the gold edition last friday the 27th they said give them two working days and they still havn't got back to me yet, i just read your review on the Amazon page and i couldn't have put it better myself.

The solution is given in the link in Corelay's post (the one before yours).

I was wondering, I have Victoria 2 on CD, if I download AHD from Gamersgate do I just install it over a clean copy of V2, or do I have to patch V2 first?

Can't register under 'My Games' …

Oh, you lost me somewhere. :blush:

Also bought this game version month ago …
And now, as i got some questions regarding ingame problems i have to register it here on the forum – which i usually wouldn't do.

The thing is, i can't register it on My Games, doesn't accept any keys, still says invalid. :unsure:
Anyone who got a hint for me?
Beside, can anyone copy over the content from Coreplay's post? Since i'm unable to read it due to missing registration. :blink:
Or do i have to open a ticket?

In this sense

Smartcom

I'm one of the lucky few who got AHD out of the Gold edition.

As y'all probably already know, AHD is not actually on the disc. That is what the second code is for. If I remember correctly, you need to go to the 'Gamersgate' website and create an account, I can't recall the exact process as this was a while ago. What you need to do is use the second code to download it from there.

I figured this out because I read the customer reviews for the Gold edition whilst on Amazon, somebody was not pleased with the problems it caused.

Perhaps more of note for you poor chaps however, is that particular review detailed exactly what you have to do to fix the problem, it is the review from a guy by the name of 'grandad1982'

I haven't read it again as I don't have to, but after a brief look I can indeed confirm it is the same review that helped me get my AHD sorted out. So you should have a look there if you still haven't got it sorted out.

I hope this helps.

Oh, you lost me somewhere. :blush:

Also bought this game version month ago …
And now, as i got some questions regarding ingame problems i have to register it here on the forum – which i usually wouldn't do.

The thing is, i can't register it on My Games, doesn't accept any keys, still says invalid. :unsure:
Anyone who got a hint for me?
Beside, can anyone copy over the content from Coreplay's post? Since i'm unable to read it due to missing registration. :blink:
Or do i have to open a ticket?

In this sense

Smartcom
I've been having the same problem as this person. Whenever I enter my key, I just get an "Invalid key for." message.

I saw "Victoria II: Gold" priced on Amazon so much lower than on its direct download version, so I did a quick search to find out if it's too good to be true.

After looking at this thread, I'm not sure if it is or not. :wacko:

Likewise, I cannot activate Victoria 2. I have bought this product, downloaded and activated AHD, but cannot get Victoria 2 to activate as the code is invalid.

When I raised this with technical support, I got an email back saying 'They are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it' which I suspect is a total cop out. Either they have resolved it, or they have not (and have no intention of) given it is some 21 months since this problem was first raised.

I did try and look at the links to technical support but (circular argument) I can't access them because I don't have a 'valid' code, which I need to be able to access the answer......