• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry i couldn't understand that, have Amazon found the problem and are going to refund or give us alternative stuff, or isn't the problem sorted? I apologize that i can't understand your typing.

This is not a product we've heard anything about, nor has it been created by the developers of V2.

I'll see if it has been some licensing deal..

If it's not real why did Susana post this? :blink:

EDIT: I'm specifically talking about the attachment posted

SKU = each unique product or item for sale in a store or other business.

There should be two activation codes on your insert. (see attached image). You need to activate both in order to play both Victoria 2 and AHD.

kind regards
Susana

View attachment 52722

EDIT 2: Nevermind, i missed Susana's other post that said they didn't know about it :blush:

Last edited:
It's definitely not a fake- what he is saying is that it is not something the developers put on sale directly. There is no possibiliy of it being fake or the provided key would not work.

Susana had to go check with the sales team to find it, so presumably it was indeed a licensing deal.

The problem would appear to be that it includes an activation code for AHD, but of course the activation codes don't give you the game, just the forum access. If someone in sales wasn't fully aware of that, then you can see how a mistake might have arisen. It's also why Susana's answer didn't solve the problem.

It's definitely not a fake- what he is saying is that it is not something the developers put on sale directly. There is no possibiliy of it being fake or the provided key would not work.

Susana had to go check with the sales team to find it, so presumably it was indeed a licensing deal.

The problem would appear to be that it includes an activation code for AHD, but of course the activation codes don't give you the game, just the forum access. If someone in sales wasn't fully aware of that, then you can see how a mistake might have arisen. It's also why Susana's answer didn't solve the problem.

Ah, okay i get it now, thanks.
I was confused because Susana's post seemed to suggest that they were aware of the gold edition.

She only knows personally because she checked it out herself; that doesn't mean everyone there knows. It seems apparent this bundle was put together without any of the developers knowing. As Susana said- " With so many retail partners eager to get our products onto shelf, they sometimes work with our sales team to create SKUs so we are not familiar with the specifics of this particular SKU"

(Where SKU = the unique product in question)

That in no way makes it fake, but it does explain how there may have been a mistake.

She only knows personally because she checked it out herself; that doesn't mean everyone there knows. It seems apparent this bundle was put together without any of the developers knowing. As Susana said- " With so many retail partners eager to get our products onto shelf, they sometimes work with our sales team to create SKUs so we are not familiar with the specifics of this particular SKU"

(Where SKU = the unique product in question)

That in no way makes it fake, but it does explain how there may have been a mistake.

Yeah i somehow missed her other post where she said they didn't know about it.
I understand what Balor and Susana meant now.
Oh well hopefully something can be done about it, I'm still pretty eager to play A House Divided.

So it is a proper product by Paradox, just without the developers knowing and without it working proper?

I figured they would have noticed if they tested it.

This is ENTIRELY theorising on my part, of course. But I would imagine that if the issue is indeed that the seller misunderstood the nature of the AHD activation key, then that kind of thing would easily slip by any testing they did. They likely just assumed that if you had the key, then all would be ok.

Or maybe not; it's just a postulation. I'd recommend holding tight until either Paradox or Amazon get back to you; post what they say here and see where it goes.

It's not a fake. There is no particular reason why Amazon would know if it had an issue; they are selling in good faith. The whole thing was evidently created and sold in good faith; it is simply possible a mistake has been made.

If it were possible to do so, it seems to me creating a patch for the game would be the best way to resolve the issue, so i agree about hanging on to our game copies in case that is one of the solutions offered. At least the V2 portion of the game is still playable in the meantime.

I will hang on to my copy for a while, but i hope a patch will come as soon as possible or something else. I hope someone from Paradox can tell us what is happening soon though.

I'm going to hang on to my copy of the game until paradox puts out a patch to fix it. Personally i purchased mine from an overseas distributor so i'd rather wait it out since i can still play V2's main campaign. I have notified the distributor regarding the issue so they can assess future sales of the 'gold' edition..

The main thing I carnt understand is why Amazon UK are still selling this game even though I and probably others have reported the problem here check the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victoria-Gold-Edition-PC-DVD/dp/B007RE70YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335822281&sr=8-1 they even ordered in new coppies of the game from there supplier as they now say they have only 5 left in stock, anyway i havn't heard anything yet I am expecting a reply tommorow as that will be two business days, lets hope when i do get my reply they will have some answers.