• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tongera

Captain
99 Badges
Dec 25, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
How exactly do i know if i installed A House Divided correctly, the reason is some of the features that are in AHD is not in my game (war justification, can't find a start date for the American Civil War, can't invest in other countries etc)? The game i got is Victoria 2 Gold Edition and i followed the installation process, but none of the House Divided features seem to be in my game, so have i done something wrong?

Thanks for any prompt answers.

There is is a gold edition (i bought it off Amazon and from actual Amazon (they even sent me a email saying that they were going to send it later due to not receiving it on time)) and i re-installed it and nothing changed. You can tell i got a house divided because of the icon under my avatar, i got the code from the Victoria 2 Gold Edition which says that it has got both vanilla Victoria and A House Divided. You can even look on Amazon for the Gold Edition.

Anyone who knows the problem, please say, as this really annoying.

Thanks.

Well in my game there isn't a American Civil War start for whatever reason and when i try to update, it only updates to 1.3, when i am sure it is meant to update to 2.something. The only links that i can click onto the internet from where i maybe to download A House Divided is a "A House Divided" and "Purchase information here", this is despite A House Divided meant to come with the game. Like i said, the game is missing features that is meant to come with A House divided (war justification, invest in other countries etc), i am really at the end of my tether, i have no idea what to do, if someone (from paradox perferabley) can tell me what to do to sort out the problem, i would be very grateful.

Also, thanks fort he help you have given me.

Well in my game there isn't a American Civil War start for whatever reason and when i try to update, it only updates to 1.3, when i am sure it is meant to update to 2.something. The only links that i can click onto the internet from where i maybe to download A House Divided is a "A House Divided" and "Purchase information here", this is despite A House Divided meant to come with the game. Like i said, the game is missing features that is meant to come with A House divided (war justification, invest in other countries etc), i am really at the end of my tether, i have no idea what to do, if someone (from paradox perferabley) can tell me what to do to sort out the problem, i would be very grateful.

Also, thanks fort he help you have given me.

Maybe you got frauded?

I googled it, and I got a site which said that that will only be released in April. I could not find it on Amazon.

It couldn't be a fraud, because i brought it on Amazon, the seller was from actual Amazon stock. If you type in Victoria 2 Gold Edition on Google images you will find a image of the case. If it hasn't got House Divided should i tell Paradox or just send it back to Amazon.

Thanks for all your answers.

It's not a fraud; the Gold edition is clearly available from retailers.

Just to be clear, where did you get the AHD forum key from- was it on the manual or was it from Steam? Are you running from Steam? I assume you have checked for a separate installer.

Activation is not the issue- if AHD had been properly installed, vanilla wouldn't exist any more. AHD literally overwrites it. So whatever the cause, AHD has not installed.

I got the AHD forum key from the box (to be more specific i got from a paper thing inside the box) and i have checked for a different installer, and there isn't one as far as i can tell. Shouldn't AHD automatically install instead of vanilla Victoria 2? I think i might have to get a new disc from Amazon or somehow get AHD from Paradox to get it working.

Thanks for your help.

A new disc seems unlikely to help as that would be a weirdly specific issue. It is possible there are meant to be two discs but that also seems unlikely (especially if the disc itself says 'Gold edition'- does it?)

Have you checked the file structure of the disc to see if AHD content is there? I am unsure what physical V2/AHD disks are meant to have on them but I am sure clues can be found.

As AHD is download only on its own, I believe, the other option is that your product contains some sort of code somewhere for you to use to download it. Seems clumsy though.

Last edited:
It does indeed says Gold Edition on it and it was only 1 disc. I have checked the file of the disc for AHD content, but i can't find nothing. Well the piece of paper that comes with it contains two codes, one is for vanilla Victoria 2 and one for AHD, i have used them both to register on the forums (as you can tell by the icons under my avatar), but if they are to register somewhere else i wouldn't know where that place is.

I would pefer if someone with Paradox would take a look at the issue, as i think only they would know and tell me what i should do. But thank you for your help though, it is appreciated.

I have not got the problem sorted, but if i do get the problem sorted, i let you know how i did it by re-posting in this box.

I think though you will have to contact Paradox about the problem, that is what i will do.

tbh is 'to be honest', and by SS he means screenshots- all the shots are of basic V2. I wouldn't read too much into that though.

This issue received a response in the tech support thread- they are looking into it. I doubt you've been ripped off as what you were paying for was clearly advertised. If there's been a mix-up and AHD has failed to be included on the discs, I am sure they will sort it.

tbh is 'to be honest', and by SS he means screenshots- all the shots are of basic V2. I wouldn't read too much into that though.

This issue received a response in the tech support thread- they are looking into it. I doubt you've been ripped off as what you were paying for was clearly advertised. If there's been a mix-up and AHD has failed to be included on the discs, I am sure they will sort it.

Thanks for the explanation Corelay. I got the reply from Paradox and they're looking into it.