+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem activating AHD

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Problem activating AHD

How exactly do i know if i installed A House Divided correctly, the reason is some of the features that are in AHD is not in my game (war justification, can't find a start date for the American Civil War, can't invest in other countries etc)? The game i got is Victoria 2 Gold Edition and i followed the installation process, but none of the House Divided features seem to be in my game, so have i done something wrong?

Thanks for any prompt answers.

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

I haven't heard of a gold edition of VickyII. Uninstall/reinstall?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2

There is is a gold edition (i bought it off Amazon and from actual Amazon (they even sent me a email saying that they were going to send it later due to not receiving it on time)) and i re-installed it and nothing changed. You can tell i got a house divided because of the icon under my avatar, i got the code from the Victoria 2 Gold Edition which says that it has got both vanilla Victoria and A House Divided. You can even look on Amazon for the Gold Edition.

Anyone who knows the problem, please say, as this really annoying.

Thanks.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

are you sure that there isnt more than one download option
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

It's easy to see, at the startup screen you have two periods: one civil war/one grand campaign.

As for your problem, try the technical problems forum.

Well in my game there isn't a American Civil War start for whatever reason and when i try to update, it only updates to 1.3, when i am sure it is meant to update to 2.something. The only links that i can click onto the internet from where i maybe to download A House Divided is a "A House Divided" and "Purchase information here", this is despite A House Divided meant to come with the game. Like i said, the game is missing features that is meant to come with A House divided (war justification, invest in other countries etc), i am really at the end of my tether, i have no idea what to do, if someone (from paradox perferabley) can tell me what to do to sort out the problem, i would be very grateful.

Also, thanks fort he help you have given me.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Tongera View Post
    Well in my game there isn't a American Civil War start for whatever reason and when i try to update, it only updates to 1.3, when i am sure it is meant to update to 2.something. The only links that i can click onto the internet from where i maybe to download A House Divided is a "A House Divided" and "Purchase information here", this is despite A House Divided meant to come with the game. Like i said, the game is missing features that is meant to come with A House divided (war justification, invest in other countries etc), i am really at the end of my tether, i have no idea what to do, if someone (from paradox perferabley) can tell me what to do to sort out the problem, i would be very grateful.

Also, thanks fort he help you have given me.
    Maybe you got frauded?

I googled it, and I got a site which said that that will only be released in April. I could not find it on Amazon.

It couldn't be a fraud, because i brought it on Amazon, the seller was from actual Amazon stock. If you type in Victoria 2 Gold Edition on Google images you will find a image of the case. If it hasn't got House Divided should i tell Paradox or just send it back to Amazon.

Thanks for all your answers.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    V2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It's not a fraud; the Gold edition is clearly available from retailers.

Just to be clear, where did you get the AHD forum key from- was it on the manual or was it from Steam? Are you running from Steam? I assume you have checked for a separate installer.

Activation is not the issue- if AHD had been properly installed, vanilla wouldn't exist any more. AHD literally overwrites it. So whatever the cause, AHD has not installed.

I got the AHD forum key from the box (to be more specific i got from a paper thing inside the box) and i have checked for a different installer, and there isn't one as far as i can tell. Shouldn't AHD automatically install instead of vanilla Victoria 2? I think i might have to get a new disc from Amazon or somehow get AHD from Paradox to get it working.

Thanks for your help.

A new disc seems unlikely to help as that would be a weirdly specific issue. It is possible there are meant to be two discs but that also seems unlikely (especially if the disc itself says 'Gold edition'- does it?)

Have you checked the file structure of the disc to see if AHD content is there? I am unsure what physical V2/AHD disks are meant to have on them but I am sure clues can be found.

As AHD is download only on its own, I believe, the other option is that your product contains some sort of code somewhere for you to use to download it. Seems clumsy though.
    Last edited by Corelay; 18-04-2012 at 00:16.

It does indeed says Gold Edition on it and it was only 1 disc. I have checked the file of the disc for AHD content, but i can't find nothing. Well the piece of paper that comes with it contains two codes, one is for vanilla Victoria 2 and one for AHD, i have used them both to register on the forums (as you can tell by the icons under my avatar), but if they are to register somewhere else i wouldn't know where that place is.

I would pefer if someone with Paradox would take a look at the issue, as i think only they would know and tell me what i should do. But thank you for your help though, it is appreciated.

Have you sorted your problem? I got the same game here, same features as you mentioned (one cd, paper inside with two codes) and same problem. If you got it sorted let me know how, if you don't mind.

I have not got the problem sorted, but if i do get the problem sorted, i let you know how i did it by re-posting in this box.

I think though you will have to contact Paradox about the problem, that is what i will do.

Just e-mailed Paradox Interactive now. Hopefully I'll get some usefull info.
    The thought that I have been ripped off persists on my mind though.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

tbh all the SS on the sites selling the Victoria 2 Gold Edition are from viccy 2 vanilla,
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    tbh all the SS on the sites selling the Victoria 2 Gold Edition are from viccy 2 vanilla,
    sorry my ignorance but what do you mean with "tbh" and "SS"?

tbh is 'to be honest', and by SS he means screenshots- all the shots are of basic V2. I wouldn't read too much into that though.

This issue received a response in the tech support thread- they are looking into it. I doubt you've been ripped off as what you were paying for was clearly advertised. If there's been a mix-up and AHD has failed to be included on the discs, I am sure they will sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corelay View Post
    tbh is 'to be honest', and by SS he means screenshots- all the shots are of basic V2. I wouldn't read too much into that though.

This issue received a response in the tech support thread- they are looking into it. I doubt you've been ripped off as what you were paying for was clearly advertised. If there's been a mix-up and AHD has failed to be included on the discs, I am sure they will sort it.
    Thanks for the explanation Corelay. I got the reply from Paradox and they're looking into it.

Anyone have any idea of how long it can take for a reply (from a ticket)? I can't wait to play A House Divided, i'm really excitied.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast