• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems as if the war is already unwinnable. Without control of minors I’m sure the Soviets would be in Hungary by now. Those winter bonuses coupled with the increase in aggression are very hard to stop. Not sure what strategy is appropriate besides building more forts in the West.
But keep it up anyway! I have little idea how people are able to boast of getting Bitter Peace by 1942 on this mod. I'd advise building lands forts in the east as well, maybe along the annexed German territories? And the German retreat from the Baltic might enable you to do a grand offensive there later on :D

April 42

Egypt: Allied attacks on the retreating Italians in Alexandria fail

Syria: The attacks on Damascus continue but not breakthrough

Eastern Front: Soviet attacks on Stanislawow intensify

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Air War: The Fighter group is sent East once again. The interceptors inflict heavy damage to Allied bombers and receive damage in return. The decision is made not to seek air superiority over Paris as engagements with Allied Fighters inflict too much damage. Only bombers penetrate further than Paris and only those fleets will be engaged.

Italian naval supremacy in the Mediterranean is over.

Eastern Front: The weather is still unforgiving with provinces still not frozen experiencing deep mud conditions. Any offensives are delayed until better weather and once complete reinforcement and reorganization is achieved. The heroic axis minors in the South have held steady. 3 Motorized divisions will be sent to Africa and 2 Marine and one Paratroop to Finland as the mountain troops are suffering attrition.

After the transports supplying Sardinia were under attack by the Allies the Italian Interceptors are able to defeat the Allie bombers. The Vichy forces were sent to Africa and German garrisons are being built to secure the southern French coast. Naval forts are continuing to be built with Vichy Africa having priority then Southern France then the rest of the Atlantic wall.

May 42

West France: With the Wehrmacht reaching full strength, the Americans launch an attack on Brest. All available motorized divisions are sent there.

Vichy Africa: The troops have been organized and await a possible American
landing.

Eastern Front: A strong Soviet attack begins on Beltsy. All German armor is in the South so they will assist the Romanian cavalry divisions to relieve the dug in troops.

Eastern Front: With all troops reinforced and reorganized the time for the offensive has come. A large force in the North is tasked with advancing toward Smolensk then turning down toward Kiev. A supporting attack from Mogilev Podolskiw will support the attack on Kiev cutting off the rest of Belarus under Soviet control. After Kiev falls the troops will swing toward Melitopol to cut off those forces concentrated in Southern Ukraine toward Odessa.

Holland: 2 British Marine divisions are able to take Amsterdam so the motorized divisions are sent to contain them as fast as possible.

Eastern Front: The battle for Orsha ends with 37,000 losses for the Axis and 30,000 for the Soviets. At Mogilev 11,000 Axis losses, 12,000 Soviet. A counterattack on Mogilev prevents any forces there participating in the battle for Minsk.

As the attack on Zhlobin continues, the joint German Romanian forces attack Mogilev Podolski while Minsk is under attack by trapped forces.

After Zhlobin is taken the troops can no longer advance. The troops left behind in Mogilev are in similarly bad shape and must face the full strength of a new Soviet army.

The advance toward Kiev leads to the creation of another Soviet Army which immediately knocks back the Germans. Up North the Army tasked with eliminating the Pripet pocket is on the brink of defeat. With no reserves available things look bleak.

Recognizing that the original plan has failed an all out offensive in the South begins with the Axis minors.

The attack on Mogilev Podolski is called off due to heavy losses. Troops from Minsk, Orsha and Mogilev have been recalled to Konigsberg. The campaign is over. I built too many commandos and didn’t build enough infantry and it cost me again. Next time I’ll try to get to the Dnieper by winter or else there’s little chance of achieving much.

Things I learned this time around:
For next time I’ll build fewer subs and more battlecruisers for the Battle of the atlantic. More motorized for Atlantic defense and more infantry. RR guns for Suez and Leningrad. Finland needs more than just 3 mountain divisions or it risks being overrun. Building too many CAS is pointless if they can’t do much damage. NAV’s help out a lot with invasions on Norway.

The campaign is over. (...) Next time I’ll try to get to the Dnieper by winter or else there’s little chance of achieving much.
By this you mean that the summer campaign is over or that you're just quitting the AAR...? :blink:

By this you mean that the summer campaign is over or that you're just quitting the AAR...? :blink:
:( Please don't give up clist, see how long you can last!