• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DanielPrates

Lt. General
108 Badges
Mar 17, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
I just got notice that Steam did some update on the game.

I played a simple tutorial mission, and there it is again... every vehicle freezes, though the game itself has not crashed.

Its ridiculous. I have never seen a game released with such a flaw. I would have paid 10 times the game's price, if someone could promise me from the start that it simply will WORK fine. But I guess that nowadays that seems to be too much to ask.

And again I will complain: all aircraft popping out of the airfield or CV at the same time? come on!

Upvote 0
Its ridiculous. I have never seen a game released with such a flaw. I would have paid 10 times the game's price, if someone could promise me from the start that it simply will WORK fine. But I guess that nowadays that seems to be too much to ask.

Considering how complicated the code is nowadays it isn't surprising there are some teething problems with every game released but I'd argue that this game is far more stable than the majority of recent games (and lots of older ones) that have been released and is getting constant support from the developers, something alot of other games don't get. As not everyone has the same problem you are having, perhaps it is conceivable it wasn't a problem the developers came across when beta testing and didn't crop up until the game was run by the thousands of people that have bought it and by providing the logs they ask for they can replicate and fix any problems.

And again I will complain: all aircraft popping out of the airfield or CV at the same time? come on!

You must be playing a different game to me then because the one I play they can only launch 2 at a time from carriers and airfields. There may only be a short time between the next launch but it definitely isn't instantaneous as you suggest.

I played a simple tutorial mission, and there it is again... every vehicle freezes, though the game itself has not crashed.

Not to rub it in but I haven't had any crashes in ten hours of playtime. So its not been released in a bad state. Certainly seen a lot worse.

have you considered that their can be a problem at your end?? i.e. your own PC or something??? cause i dont see many BUGS in the game or even a game that is released with such a FLAW...i have seen much bigger budget games with MAJOR flaws in them and this game is far more stable than that..

just guessing but i think the problem is at your end not the game itself..:rolleyes:

(played for 3 hours and not a single issue)

This bug has been reported by several users, it is not a problem at my end. It could be related to some specification of my machine, that, being different from yours, gives different results. But clearly it is a game problem and not a performance problem, as there are many similiar reports. There is even a thread about that.

You must be playing a different game to me then because the one I play they can only launch 2 at a time from carriers and airfields. There may only be a short time between the next launch but it definitely isn't instantaneous as you suggest.

Yeah, I do think we are playing different games. Select 6 or 8 not-vtol planes, chance their mission loadout, click them out of the airfield, and count how much time it takes for all of them to be airborne and ready to go.

As said, have you reported it in the forum for bugs yet?
It would be useful to follow it with a dxdiag post etc so they can start to look for a pattern in the users machines. The gfx cards, the drivers etc etc.
If you can't see the forum, register the game and it will appear ;)

Bugs can only be fixed if they can find it/replicate it. Right now, obviously not giving much to go on so you can either hope someone else provides more information - or help out by giving them some of yours :)
Again, in the correct forum for it though :) It is MUCH easier for them to work with one forum than having to try and find stuff on this forum - which is filled with posts about everything to do with the game - strategies, remarks, comments etc.
It also means they know they are investigating things which are likely valid rather than potentially introduced through other avenues...

Yeah, I do think we are playing different games. Select 6 or 8 not-vtol planes, chance their mission loadout, click them out of the airfield, and count how much time it takes for all of them to be airborne and ready to go.

Done. Launched 6 planes at the same time (you can only launch a max of 6 in one group), the first 2 launched instantly, the next 2 one minute after that and the last two another minute after that so it took a total of 2 minutes game time to launch 6 aircraft. It took a short time more for them all to group into a single formation ready to go. I didn't change their mission loadout as that takes one hour. To compare this with reality, Heathrow airport regualrly handles 60 movements (take off or landing) an hour, i.e. one a minute and it's maximum capacity is slightly more (source: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/5/ergdocs/ccreportbaa/chapter3.pdf). So having two planes take off every minute from a military airport or carrier doesn't seem too far from reality when a commercial airport does it all day every day.

Really...what game are you playing because it's clearly not NWAC? Either that or you just haven't bothered to learn anything about the game you are playing.

Last edited:
Moved to bug reporting forum.