• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frymonmon

President of California
29 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
wirnew.png

Hello! Welcome to World in Revolution Lite: 1776! This game is the brainchild of both myself, Frymonmon and Red Cesar. I have started this small, quick-paced version as just a test to see if this game can work in a smaller form.​

Nation Registration: 5/5 CLOSED

Rules & Procedures

The rules are fairly simple. As the leader of your nation, you send the orders you wish to do to me, Frymonmon. The orders you choose are basically unlimited, your only restraints are the time period and your imagination. This means, if you want to hatch a crazy plan of trapping African Gorillas and letting them loose in Washington, D.C. well. Go ahead. If you want to build a nuclear reactor in 1890, it's not going to happen. Keep in mind, you can trade with other nations, create secret treaties, wage war and all of that.

Each turn will constitute twelve months. One turn will complete a year of gameplay. We start off in July 1776, right after the United States of America was formed in Philadelphia by the signing of the Declaration of Independence. This will not be an American Revolution-centric game, just this is where it all begins.

Now, your main goal in this entire game? Guide your nation through this turbulent era. This means building industry, infrastructure, Waging War for your nation, Diplomacy, Keeping your Government Stable. You can pretty much shape your nation anyway you want to be, provided you have the support. World in Revolution takes into account for your population. Although you can ignore these movements and even suppress them, you should keep them in mind. This is to make sure the game is kept to a degree of realism. This will not be an absolute strict restraint on your nation, but it will be an underlying factor. World in Revolution is built on the underlying factors, which the GMs take care of, don't worry. At any time you can ask the GM the "Mood of your nation", and you can request a run down from me.

Orders

A Nation shall submit their orders to me via Private Message. In the title of this message it MUST have your countries name and the date, as well as the months this order is for. For example, for the United Kingdom in 1776 it would read "WiR - Untied Kingdom 1776"

The orders are fairly simple. Every nation is allowed to send me 4 orders of any kind encompassing anything. However, there is a twist. If your nation is at war, you get supplemental "War Orders". You must clarify that your orders are War Orders and every nation is entitled to 4 of them. This way, a nation can submit a maximum of 8 orders if they are at war, 4 normal and 4 war orders.

Updates

There are three types of updates. A Normal Update is a 12-month time period of the year we are in. This is the largest update and most of the action takes place here. Wars, Diplomacy, Nation Building ect. The next type of update is a War Update. A War Update is only used to highlight a specific battle or a surprise attack by another nation. These will normally happen if there is a large war going on, and I feel the need to release the opening shots of the battle, and have the rest play out in the Normal Update. The last kind of updates are the Mini-Updates. These simply serve to move along the In Character discussion with various tidbits and facts that effect gameplay and what not.

Table of Contents

Stats

Updates

Last edited:
Countries of the World: 1776

125px-Union_flag_1606_%28Kings_Colors%29.svg.png

The United Kingdom of Great Britain
Bank: +350
Income: +65
Trade Balance: +25
Stability: 6
Industry: 1
Home Infrastructure: 1
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
ARMY
Regulars: 15,000
Conscripts: 5,000
Level: 3
NAVY
Large Ships: 15
Small Ships: 35
Played by: King George III (KeldoniaSkylar)

125px-Royal_Standard_of_the_Kingdom_of_France.svg.png

The Kingdom of France
Bank: +235
Income: +40
Trade Balance: +4
Stability: 7
Industry: 0
ARMY
Regulars: 10,000
Conscripts: 0
NAVY
Large Ships: 3
Small Ships: 10
Level: 2
Played by: King Louis XVI (Suirantes)

125px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png

The Archduchy of Austria
Bank: +165
Income: +30
Trade Balance: +6
Stability: 8
Colonial Infrastructure: No Colonies
ARMY
Regulars: 5,000
Conscripts: 2,000
NAVY
Large Ships: 1
Small Ships: 3
Played by: Emperor Joseph II (Duke of Britain)

125px-Prinsenvlag.svg.png

The Dutch Republic
Bank: +100
Income: +20
Trade Balance: +3
Stability: 6
ARMY
Regulars: 1,500
Conscripts: 5,000
NAVY
Large Ships: 4
Small Ships: 5
Played by: Stadtholder William V of Orange (Seek75)

13stars.png

The United States of America
Bank: 0
Income: +10
Trade Balance: 0
Stability: 5
Home Infrastructure: 0
Colonial Infrastructure: No Colonies
ARMY
Regulars: 1,000
Conscripts: 500
Level: 1
NAVY
Large Ships 0
Small Ships: 0
Level: 1
Played by: Congress President John Hancock (Spitfire5793)

Last edited:

In the year 1775, tensions between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and thirteen of their North American colonies comes to a boiling point when the colonies resist continued British rule, and started an open rebellion against the colonial governors. Great Britain responded by closing several prominent colonial ports, strangling trade, and bringing the colonial economy to a halt. After two short battles at Lexington and Concord, the stage was set and the sides were drawn. Reconciliation between the Colonies and the Crown was impossible and on July 4th, 1776, the Thirteen American Colonies declared themselves Free and Independent from the British Crown as the United States of America, a loose confederation of thirteen independent states.

800px-Declaration_independence.jpg

The signing of the Declaration of Independence by delegates of the thirteen colonies

In Europe, the Kingdom of France has been experiencing a moving away from the previous discontent at Louis XV, and has been embracing the new King, Louis XVI. In his past two years as King of France after his grandfather died, he has proven to be an improvement over him, but not by much. The people are cautious about embracing him, and slowly rally around his rule. However, many are inspired by the courageous revolution being undertaken by the British Colonists in America, and some voice their opinion, openly, of helping them and securing Quebec for France once again.

429px-Ludvig_XVI_av_Frankrike_portr%C3%A4tterad_av_AF_Callet.jpg

King Louis XVI of France

In the Dutch Republic, there is a continued amount of confusion in the Government, as many people don't know or understand how the political system works. William V of Orange, the Statdholder, promises some reforms of the system, but no one can be quite sure what exactly he wants to do in the country. Hundreds of people, however, are firmly behind the cause of the Dutch Republic and wish to see the government change in a peaceful manner, any type of revolution would be simply out of the question.

The Holy Roman Empire, with the Archduchy of Austria the leading state, is showing some signs of instability, as various electors start to squabble with each other on who the Holy Roman Emperor truly is, but Emperor Joseph II makes it quite clear that he is, and responds by sending some of his men stationed in Austria into Bavaria, to make sure the electors there truly understood his power. As the rest of 1776 unfolds, not one person can be sure what will happen to the centuries old Holy Roman Empire.

dutchrepublic.png

His Highness, William V, Prince of Orange and General Stadtholder of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands​

I thank you, people of these wondrous Provinces, for your support in my endeavors to reform our political system. The system we have now is high convoluted, and is showing its age and worthlessness. I believe it would surprise many of you to know that, despite not possessing any dukes or counts for several centuries, several of the Provinces are still "duchies" and "counties!"

My plan is not yet fully drawn out, but rest assured, I will remove the senselessness of our political system, and I will make the Netherlands strong once again!

Last edited:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain is deeply saddened that the American Colonists have taken their present course of action. We will work to return these wayward sheep into the fold and the warm embrace of our nation. We hope that order will soon be restored in the colonies and orderly trade restored. However, we will once again magnanimously make an offer to the colonials, if you return to Great Britain, you will be pardoned, and your parliament will be restored, with which you will be able levy your own taxes and determine expenditures in the colonies. To the nations of the World, we hope that we can prosper together in peace and harmony and that balance is maintained.

King George III, By the Grace of God, King of Great Britain, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Prince-Elector of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick

500px-Flag_of_the_Habsburg_Monarchy.svg.png

People and nations of the Holy Roman Empire, it is clear that times are changing, new ways to wage warfare are developed as time goes on, states rise and fall, unite or divide themselves.

The Holy Roman Empire was always fractured and its many states acted independently, protecting themselves from foreign aggression, i will seek to preserve that, i won't allow aggression, be it from the dutch to the west or from the Turk to the south, to divide the Empire like if we were nothing more than puppets, Austria shall preserve the Empire, for that we will grow, we will develop, there are many problems to be addressed inside our domains...But i am happy that the French to the west can be considered our friends, my dear sister is their queen, and i hope she will aid her husband during such troubled times for the French. On the east, Catherine rules Russia like no other ever ruled before her, i truly hope her Empire and mine will seek to develop closer ties.

But to the south...to the south there are the heathen Turk, beaten back and on the retreat by christian armies, they are a declining power, no more are they allowed to invade christians whiout opposition, i hope that their Sultan will decide to retreat from christian lands once and for all, for that is for the best.

OOC: So close ; _ ;

OOC: Oh, such a shame. When did recruitment even begin, much less end?

OOC: Was all done through the IRC channel.

OOC: Ah. I haven't been on IRC since I was an undergrad; didn't even know Paradox had one. I'm not a big fan of simultaneous communications in general, so c'est la vie.

Kingdom of France
3n7Gd.png
People of France! I understand that a lot of people have voiced their opinion about helping the British colonists in their struggle for independence, and reclaim Quebec in the process. I want Quebec as much as al of you do, but I unfortunately cannot act and attack the United Kingdom of Great Britain without bankrupting our great nation, our economy needs time to rebuild from the bad administration of my predecessor, and grandfather, Louis XV. I wish for you to understand my choice and calm down about this matter for now, I am not ruling out the possibility of helping the British colonists however, although that will have to wait until our economy has stabilised.

Waiting on orders from the Dutch Republic.

In British North America, the newly declared independent United States of America sounded off the rallying cry of Independence with a blood-curdling scream. Everywhere in British North America were the words of Revolution on the mouths of everyone. In Philadelphia, the Second Continental Congress accepts delegates from the colonies of Upper and Lower Canada, as well as an observer from the colony of Newfoundland. All three expressed interest in joining the new Confederacy of American States. Upper Canada quickly agrees and becomes the 14th colony to rebel from the British Empire. [+500 Conscripts to the USA. +1 Income to the USA. -1 Income from Great Britain.]

The Spanish Empire, with holding below British North America, hears out delegates from the United States about foreign intervention. Nothing is concrete, but Spanish ships from Cuba and Florida begin to run shipping missions to Charleston, South Carolina. [+2 Trade Balance to the USA.]

In the port of Boston, the British Flag flew high over the harbour, leading the British Navy to believe it was safe for them to dock. Upon off loading precious supplies for the war effort, a massive wave of Continental Soldiers swarmed over the boats, killing the soldiers, and taking all of the supplies, which were given to the rest of the Colonial Army. [-1,000 Regulars from Great Britain. -4 Small Ships from Great Britain. -1 Large Ship from Great Britain. -20 Gold from Great Britain. +1 Large Ship to the USA. +4 Small Ships to the USA. +20 Gold to the USA.]

While Boston was seized by the Colonials, General George Washington took his men, along with the new British supplies and ships, and drove them towards New York, where they surprised the small British garrison there. They began to heavily fortify the city as a British army, coming down from New York, stalled on the outskirts due to heavy snow.

amrev.jpg

The Battle of New York City, where General George Washington captured the city, and repulsed the British.

The Colonial Army raids several British armories, where valuable weapons and blankets were found. However, in their haste one of the British left a document saying that blankets in a few specific armories were infected with smallpox, and made exclusively to poison the colonials. The news of this quickly spread to the entire population of British North America, where the colonies of Lower Canada and Newfoundland, disgusted by this brazen attempt to slaughter their southern brothers, adopt ordinances of secession from Great Britain, joining with Upper Canada and the 13 colonies. [-4 Income from Great Britain. +5 Income to the USA.]

On the British home front, the King sends diplomats to Hesse to try and purchase mercenaries to be used against the colonists. They agree, and are soon shipped off to the British Colonies. [+10,000 Regulars in 1 turn for Great Britain. -75 Gold from Great Britain.]

The British Parliament, seeing this bloodshed in the colonies, offers the American Colonies a new status, which would allow them to send representatives to the Parliament in London. News of the smallpox blankets, however, turn the vast majority of colonists against the British Government, and the Continental Congress rejects their proposal.

In the Kingdom of France, the King announces that a new military college in Marseille is to be created, that will help the military leaders of the future guide France into prosperity. [+1 Army Level to France in 2 turns. -20 Gold from France.]

In Brest, a university opens which quickly becomes the centre of the Enlightenment in Europe as thousands of learned men from across the continent assemble there to exchange their ideas. The French Government gets wind of a few new invention ideas, and immediately sets on building a new, advanced warship. [-10 gold from France. +1 Large Ship in 2 turns. +1 Navy level in 2 turns.]

The French Noblemen are outraged as the King tries to take away some of their fundamental rights as Nobles, as Religious Tolerance, an abolishmen of serfdom, and a general expansion of rights comes to play in France. The King plays a clever card in saying that, should the monarchy be overthrown, the people they are oppression will begin to oppress the nobles. The tactic works as thousands of Frenchmen enjoy a new found freedom. [+2 Stability to France. -15 Base Income from France.]

The Hapsburg Emperor sends diplomats to the Russian Empire, where tense negotiations are undertaken. They are deemed successful, but the details are unknown. An alliance is signed between the two powers.

405px-Catherine02.jpg

Empress and Autocrat of all the Russias, Catherine II.

Around the Austrian Empire, massive recruitment drives take place, looking to become the defender of Christianity and Catholicism from Turkish Expansion. Coupled with this was a new military institute in Vienna. [+10,000 Regulars in 2 turns to Austria. +1 Army Level in 1 turn to Austria.]

The Austrian Emperor sends a call out to all the areas under control of his crown, that they all must unite, as one, and realise they are all brothers, of the same faith, standing under the same Flag. While not united in speech, they are united in so many other ways. [+1 Stability to Austria.]

A massive Government overhaul takes place in the Dutch Republic, removing many offices and creating new ones. After a year of purging, the system seems to be more set in stone and logical, but it is still a long way from functioning. [-1 Stability from the Dutch Republic.]

The Austrian Netherlands experience a slight turmoil as some of the citizens there demand more rights. They are quickly silenced by members of the Austrian Army.

Some member states of the Holy Roman Empire bordering the Dutch Republic sign mutual agreements, bring all of them into a tighter sphere of mutual cooperation.

500px-Flag_of_the_Habsburg_Monarchy.svg.png

It softens my heart that the people of Austria are closer than ever, independently of linguistic or cultural barriers we are brothers in flag and faith, together we are stronger than ever, for we are all Austrians in heart.

On the Austrian netherlands, fear not, you too are citizens of Austria and receive the same ammount of rights as the populace of other corners of Austria. Greater rights will come, in time, for we need a united and free population to prosper on this modern world, our nation is a modern one that is destined to prosper and grow, but for this backwards systems like Serfdom must be removed, i hope to start to remove it this year, the nobles have nothing to fear, for a free man works with more passion and efficiency than one locked in chains, and is more loyal and less likely to revolt, in fact.

But it concerns me that all facts point out that the Dutch have been meddling on our territories with what looks like their protestants trying to cause trouble on the Austrian Netherlands, the population is composed by catholics, i know that they won't fall to your tricks as they have no interest into your state, i hope that you won't try to meddle on our internal affairs yet again.
I hope that i am wrong, but if i am not, consider this a warning.

The government of Great Britain would like to apologize to all those harmed due to the horrendous actions of General Howe, and express its deepest sympathies. His attempts to poison the people of the colonies, British subjects, is reprehensible and will not be tolerated. Henceforth, command of the North American Theatre is transferred to General Sir Henry Clinton. General Howe will be tried for his crimes against the people of the colonies and if circumstances permit, the trial will be held in the North American colonies by a jury composed of colonials. Furthermore, the Government of Great Britain would once again offer a process of reconciliation with the colonies. As a gesture of faith, all taxes currently placed upon the colonies will be repealed and in response to rising food prices, the government of Great Britain will subsidize food imports and will work to return food prices to the levels they were at before the war.

Additionally, we would like to take the time to remind the Spanish government at this time, that by supporting the colonials in their rebellion. They are only legitimizing rebellion, something that might lead to attempts at independence in their own colonial holdings.

Last edited: