• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...given how you've been writing about her, I'd suggest going into Crusader Kings 2\common\job_titles.text and removing the 'is_female' line from Marshal, if not any other jobs. That will allow her to be Marshal and troop leader in truth rather than just in writing.

This will also allow other women, like our bookish Duchess, to also lead troops and be marshal.

Now, admittedly, you'll also need to go into Crusader Kings 2\events\job_marshal.txt and remove the male-only restrictions on the various events if you want to make it 100% proper(Otherwise you won't get ANY of the marshal events, for good or ill).

I could understand if you preferred to just leave it. Or you could go the whole hog and unlock the other jobs too.

That book is the key! Get it at all costs! You should now know above all what books are worth!

Dang, its nice to be back. And it seems someone in your realm did become an axe wielding blood maniac after all! Gyla is a terror to be reckoned with. Maybe Dionysia can take some pointers? Whats your plans with the Euc Patriarch? Clearly he shows an, ahem...interest in you :). And Euphemios, is he still around? Him and Gyla, both being blood crazed killers, they can get married, and should - a match made in hell! I have another question too - why didn't you join the lower crown authority faction? I mean I guess she likes you a lot now, but still.

You will get some of what you wish soon, I think. :)

Yay Gyla! A pity she cannot mechanically lead the armies. Oh well, least she got to best Apollonios in a duel, it would seem! Always fun to see the game help out the story in such a way :)

Well, as Bloodly suggests, maybe she can...

Hmm...given how you've been writing about her, I'd suggest going into Crusader Kings 2\common\job_titles.text and removing the 'is_female' line from Marshal, if not any other jobs. That will allow her to be Marshal and troop leader in truth rather than just in writing.

This will also allow other women, like our bookish Duchess, to also lead troops and be marshal.

Now, admittedly, you'll also need to go into Crusader Kings 2\events\job_marshal.txt and remove the male-only restrictions on the various events if you want to make it 100% proper(Otherwise you won't get ANY of the marshal events, for good or ill).

I could understand if you preferred to just leave it. Or you could go the whole hog and unlock the other jobs too.

This is very interesting. What do people prefer on this issue? Keep the game side of things standard or allow modding it to let women hold jobs? It would make the game slightly easier to play, since my pool of job holders would double, and maybe that isn't fair? (But unfair to whom?) But on the other hand, making the change would allow Princess Gyla and bloodthirsty Euphemios to hold side-by-side columns in war, which would be charming.

Whether we make this change or not, of course, I will continue to go on happily bending the rules in the writing itself :)

Ideally, you'd need a small mod where you would have a decision to allow women to be council members, but assign an AI chance of taking this decision to zero, so they never do so.

Personally, I would avoid it, though - this has been an excellent tale so far, and it would be really bad if modding gone wrong were to end it before its time.

Thank you for the really cool story - really enjoying it!

Do realise that doing it this way makes it universal. Everyone in the world will be suddenly drawing on ladies if they're good enough(Or even if they're not).
Ideally, you'd need a small mod where you would have a decision to allow women to be council members, but assign an AI chance of taking this decision to zero, so they never do so.

Personally, I would avoid it, though - this has been an excellent tale so far, and it would be really bad if modding gone wrong were to end it before its time.

Thank you for the really cool story - really enjoying it!
I'm with them. Modding save files can end up being pretty tricky.

Modding the save file wouldn't make a difference, what needs to be modded (preferably in a small mod) would be (at a minimum) the common/job_titles.txt file (plus events/job_marshal.txt to let females get the marshal-specific events, if desired) to eliminate gender bias. Neither would affect a savegame.

Modding the save file wouldn't make a difference, what needs to be modded (preferably in a small mod) would be (at a minimum) the common/job_titles.txt file (plus events/job_marshal.txt to let females get the marshal-specific events, if desired) to eliminate gender bias. Neither would affect a savegame.

hahaha, 'gender bias' in an AAR about medieval times. XD

Great ideas, Philo32b, I'm so glad that you still are able to deliver new episodes of Zagwe's stroy on such a high level of storytelling :)

By the way, have you heard the news?
1.09 Patch Notes
- Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans

Better late then never, but still, imagine how story of Lioness fathers could have developed with this option avaible..

The same way, he would have just been broke when it happened.
It could be one of those dirt cheap ones like in ck2 plus or work like the Mamluks or Varangian Guard

Philo, you've written a marvelous and incredibly entertaining AAR. Keep up the good work. :)

It could be one of those dirt cheap ones like in ck2 plus or work like the Mamluks or Varangian Guard
Well, SOME mercenaries are better then no mercenaries at all. Take a look:
6CFA108B3DEC411E82C855BA3DCB379ADD696E68

Reading this fantastic AAR over the past few days has only increased my desire to get CK2, in addition to my suddenly wanting to take part in Byzantine intrigues as a ruler in the Byzantine Empire. Keep up the good work!

As part of a new year clean up, I uninstalled a game demo I'd never actually played (not from PI). Unfortunately the game utilized Steam, and my normally impeccable Revo Uninstaller decided that since this game and Steam were friends, Steam should go down, too. (Note to self: when Revo gives you a list of related files to axe, *read them*.)

For some reason I can't reinstall Steam--I think fragments are sitting on the registry, confusing my computer. It has taken me a couple of days of Googling and courage building to go into the registry to hack out the remaining Steam pockets of resistance.

In the meantime, is there a non-Steam way to start CK2? I looked through the directory and could not find any .exe files to click on.

If Revo didn't uninstall the CK2 folder inside Steam (the usual Steam path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II/), then CK2game.exe will start the launcher, and CK2.exe will start the game without being able to choose mods/DLCs.

As part of a new year clean up, I uninstalled a game demo I'd never actually played (not from PI). Unfortunately the game utilized Steam, and my normally impeccable Revo Uninstaller decided that since this game and Steam were friends, Steam should go down, too. (Note to self: when Revo gives you a list of related files to axe, *read them*.)

For some reason I can't reinstall Steam--I think fragments are sitting on the registry, confusing my computer. It has taken me a couple of days of Googling and courage building to go into the registry to hack out the remaining Steam pockets of resistance.

In the meantime, is there a non-Steam way to start CK2? I looked through the directory and could not find any .exe files to click on.

I just started reading this AAR since your last entry and now have a vested interest your computer troubles. :D. If you can't boot up CKII via the CK2.exe in your /Steam/Steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II/, meaning your CKII files are basically a paperweight until you get Steam running, my roommate suggests trying to uninstall all your Steam games. He got his degree in networking and works tech support (but not for Steam) so take that advice for what you will. And if you do uninstall CKII I would drop a copy of my save folder on the desktop (just in case)

He also suggested to check and see if you have a System Restore checkpoint that takes you back before your Steam got put through the paper shredder, but I'm assuming you already did that.

If Revo didn't uninstall the CK2 folder inside Steam (the usual Steam path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II/), then CK2game.exe will start the launcher, and CK2.exe will start the game without being able to choose mods/DLCs.

This will work, I always play this way without Steam running at all (I created a custom shortcut to CK2game.exe on my desktop).

You could copy your saves somewhere safe, then completely delete the Steam folder and the Paradox Interactive folder in My Documents, then see if Steam will re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.