Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MISSION EDITOR: It's happening!

Will this mission editor be user friendly? i always want to make my own scenarios, but have often been turned off by how complex the editors can be

The best example i can give of what i mean is in IL2 Sturmovik.

There is a user friendly quick mission builder which i use all the time

there is also a full mission builder that is far to confusing for me

so will the mission editor be user friendly? or can we expect two kinds of editiors, simaler to IL2 Sturmovick

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Judging by the game's UI, I'm fairly sure they'll do a good job of the mission editor interface

No pressure

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

Now to just wait for the release of Naval War South Atlantic!
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Excellent news. This will provide huge amounts of longevity for the game. Well done!
    My thought as well! Big kudos to you guys! Keep up the good work!!

And make sure you got time to make expansions too.. Afterall you need to make some cash too

Recruit
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIMagicka

Extremely happy to hear. Really the only thing I feel this game has been missing, games of this type scream out for editors and random mission generators. Much cudos to you guys, I'm now very glad (instead of just glad) I went with the purchase.

Def there in one of the reasons I bought the game. Thank you.
    "A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort, or enslaves him, or attempts to limit the freedom of his mind, or compels him to act against his own rational judgment-a society that sets up a conflict between its edicts and the requirements of man's nature-is not, strictly speaking, a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang-rule. Such a society destroys all the values of human coexistence, has no possible justification and represents not a source of benefits, but the deadliest threat to man's survival" -Ayn Rand. Read about the nature of Singapore regime on 'exposingsingapore' blog

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria 2

Are you intending to include a unit / weapon editor as part of the mission editor?

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsnag View Post
    Are you intending to include a unit / weapon editor as part of the mission editor?
    That would be more of a modding tool, as we see it, so not sure how it would fit in the mission editor.

No plans about that, but it's not that much work to create a tool to edit units, weapons and sensors. I am pretty sure somebody else will create such a thing before we get around to it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    That would be more of a modding tool, as we see it, so not sure how it would fit in the mission editor.

No plans about that, but it's not that much work to create a tool to edit units, weapons and sensors. I am pretty sure somebody else will create such a thing before we get around to it.
    That was my primary reason for asking, checking whether it is worth starting to develop one. Thanks.

Any ETA?
    "All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him." Sun-Tzu (~400 BC)

Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Strike Deep

No, but we're developing it as fast as we can.

No, but we're developing it as fast as we can.
    Thank you Jan! This is excellent news. I am hoping we can have the AI enabled to play one-side and Coop play for the human team if at all possible! Even if not at launch a future update like this would be fantastic for those of us who like to play one side or the other with our friends.

Thanks for your incredible work so far Jan, you and your team. Your community support has been outstanding, thanks so much for going above and beyond for your customer base!

Thank you!

You can put also a "COIL – Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser" in some future DLC.
    Like Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin are developing. In 2030, they will be real.

And more countries would be fun. =P

If he gets a chemical laser then I want a light sabre....naw juz kidding..but really looking forward to the editor Jan, you guys are doing great.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Any chance of a development screenie, Jan? :3

Quote Originally Posted by General Baker View Post
    Any chance of a development screenie, Jan? :3
    Elaborate pls.

Sorry, a screenshot of the Mission Editor, interface etc.? Or is development not that far along yet

Just something to quench our eternal thirst for news

Ah, not ready yet. We make functionality first, then make it look decent.

Ah, not ready yet. We make functionality first, then make it look decent.
    as it should be Jan, as fast as you guys are gtting things fixed, I'm sure we can show a lil patience.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast