Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MISSION EDITOR: It's happening!

Great news! I have been impressed with the steam workshop with Skyrim so fingers crossed same again.

While we wait for this awesome feature i will try to create a couple of PVP missions to add some new PVP content.
    First one is released as a beta version in my mod thread. Player feedback regarding balance would be appriciated

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of Nations500k club

Jan, this is a pleasant surprise!!! Really excited for this, as this is the second most asked for feature I hear about, and it's not even paid DLC!!! WooT!!!
    When in doubt, Charlie Out!!!

If you wish for peace, be prepared for war!!!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great guys, cant wait. As for DLC release cheap 0.99 packs of about 4-5 units for the editor and the odd 2.99 mission bundle and you guys are sorted

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2War of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow this is cool! Thanks guys, have been really impressed with your team!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    ImpireIron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So this is only for missions/scenarios? no "classic" skirmish? Anyway its great news!

Yes, thank you so much

Interesting..

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

AWESOME! Hurrays!
    'You hit somebody with your fist and not with your fingers spread.' -German General Heinz Guderian

very nice...
    question please..will it be possible to add units from other countries as well??

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Quote Originally Posted by HellJumper47 View Post
    will it be possible to add units from other countries as well??
    You should be able to use any unit that exists in the game on either side.

G'day Jan,

Excellent news.

Multiplayer is great but it typically applies to only a small, but vocal, percentage of the total player pool. The majority are after quality single player experiences.

Given this could I make a humble suggestion that you include the ability to 'randomise' the position, and perhaps course, of units? Even a simple sub vs. ASW Frigate mission could be a lot of fun if you don't know where the sub is.

If you have to design a mission and don't have the ability to 'randomise' the whereabouts of the sub then your single player experience is null and void as you'll always know where the sub is 'cause you put it there.

Not needed if you are only aiming the editor at Multiplayer but an important feature if you are planning on encompassing singleplayer.

Cheers,
    Lancer

Lancer,

We're definitely aiming at skirmish as much as to multiplayer. It's just about the order of doing things: multiplayer is basic to make, then we add the AI orders to give a good skirmish generator, etc. We want the Mission Editor to eventually be able to make any sort of scenario you can make within the game engine.

The first release will be basic, and then we're improving it as we go.

This is great news!
    You guys totally care about your community, other game developers should learn from this.

Thank you, Shadowhunter.

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

I plan on enforcing a no fly zone over Ireland!
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

G'day Jan,

Good to hear.

NWAC has a lot of potential and I appreciate all your efforts at fine tuning it.

Cheers,

Lancer

Jan, awsome news. That was one of my gripes! You guys are on it! My hats off to ya. I mean a game like this is different as each mission usually turns out diff so the replay value is already high but when ya have a mission editor, WooHoo! thats alot of replay time.

Private
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle

This is very good. I realized very fast that this was a good game but it needed mission editors and more customarily for multiplayer.

Keep up the good work.

Private

Great news! Really good game only getting better! Thank you Jan and the others.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast