• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we wait for this awesome feature i will try to create a couple of PVP missions to add some new PVP content.
First one is released as a beta version in my mod thread. Player feedback regarding balance would be appriciated :)

Jan, this is a pleasant surprise!!! Really excited for this, as this is the second most asked for feature I hear about, and it's not even paid DLC!!! WooT!!!

So this is only for missions/scenarios? no "classic" skirmish? Anyway its great news!

G'day Jan,

Excellent news.

Multiplayer is great but it typically applies to only a small, but vocal, percentage of the total player pool. The majority are after quality single player experiences.

Given this could I make a humble suggestion that you include the ability to 'randomise' the position, and perhaps course, of units? Even a simple sub vs. ASW Frigate mission could be a lot of fun if you don't know where the sub is.

If you have to design a mission and don't have the ability to 'randomise' the whereabouts of the sub then your single player experience is null and void as you'll always know where the sub is 'cause you put it there.

Not needed if you are only aiming the editor at Multiplayer but an important feature if you are planning on encompassing singleplayer.

Cheers,
Lancer

Lancer,

We're definitely aiming at skirmish as much as to multiplayer. It's just about the order of doing things: multiplayer is basic to make, then we add the AI orders to give a good skirmish generator, etc. We want the Mission Editor to eventually be able to make any sort of scenario you can make within the game engine.

The first release will be basic, and then we're improving it as we go.

I plan on enforcing a no fly zone over Ireland!

Jan, awsome news. That was one of my gripes! You guys are on it! My hats off to ya. I mean a game like this is different as each mission usually turns out diff so the replay value is already high but when ya have a mission editor, WooHoo! thats alot of replay time.

Status
Not open for further replies.