• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I love most about Paradox's games (and many other PC only games) are how they are designed from the ground up to utilize the PC's awesome capabilities. Consoles and tablets lack many features, most notably in the user input department, but also in the visual aspect as well as computing power and storage that the PC has, and therefore cross platform games always have to factor in to some extent the lowest common denominator. This is why sooooo many cross platform games have that "console feel" to them when played on the PC.

Sure, EUIII probably could be ported to a tablet, but it would require tweaking that I would not like to see. That, and the fact that I am not interested in tablets, would mean I would not buy it.

thing is the misunderstanding on how having more cores and lower ghz can somehow solve the issue, i have a single core athlon 2,.8ghz and the game runs fine, this pc is over 8 years old.. saying its fine on a 3yr pc when the game is 7 years old is kinda moot. and my pc plays games like those dragon age mass effect etc, better than it plays europa.. why? cause i have a 6month old graphics card.. that's all they want really. but when i play a europa mod. bam.. slow pc.. because europa loves the cpu, and 720p being max resolution? i thought the default for europa was 1280/1024 (for you who speak in HD thats 1024P) and most nowadays expect 1920/1080 or 1920/1200 as a payable resolution for thee kind of detail in these games (that's 1080P) and if you have that on your tablet, at say 7 inches, then each unit and province will be so hard to select accurately unless as others have said, the interface is changed drastically, as at the moment everything is designed for a tiny marker with pixel difference between targeting the city or the unit, or the cot, or the port.... i have a hard enough time playing it with a finicky mouse that wants to double click sometimes (randomly end up building units instead of selecting one.. etc. :p)

I can't imagine tapping things to have nearly the amount of efficiency as a mouse, and it would be dumbed down for the Apple audience anyway, like that HoI release.

Horrible idea.

Right now I have problems with defocusing selected land and naval units. And some mods make even choosing provinces hard (D&T I'm looking at you!).
Touch based input will not make it easier.

EU3 is too complex to work on a tablet. And I like it that way.

I hope that they do not simplify their products for tablets.

I don't think that this kind of game is good for a tablet anyway. It's not ideal for playing for only 10 minutes at a time, it shines in sessions of at least an hour or so. You have to check on a lot of stuff when you first start up the game after a break.

Recently me and a friend have been talking about how EU3 would be if it was on the Ipad, or any other tablet. We'd come to the conclusion that it could definitely work, if with some slight tweaks.

What do you think? Discuss

Edit: Please don't make this into a Apple hating thread, or else this thread will be closed :(

you should have titled this '..if it was on a tablet?', as iPads are not the only tablets out there (and my guess is that sometime next year, iOS won't even be the one with the biggest market share).

In response, I would say DEFINITELY YES! but only when tablets have the necessary juice to play EU. The life cycle of EU games is like 4-5 years, so it wouldn't be too crazy to think that tablets in 2-3 years should be more than able to handle EU4, and I think EU games could benefit a lot using touch interfaces. Besides, playing on a 10-hour powered device trumps playing on my 2 hour battery laptop when I'm flying :)

I would never buy an I-Pad first off. As it stands it's simply a thinner, more sucky Laptop that breaks extremely easily. I prefer my laptop. And trying to picture EU4 running on it right now...just no. Just no. They would have to dumb down the game massively to get it to work and at that point I don't want to play a game like that.

I don't like 3D TV's either. I prefer the characters of a certain game to stay on the screen, not come out and attempt to stab me in the face.

I only buy tablets when I am sick.

Please don't thread-necro. And since it's mostly off-topic opinion-banter anyway, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.