• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stealth17

Corporal
36 Badges
Apr 12, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hi all,

Warning - spoilers!

I was doing the Wings of Retribution mission just now and I though it was a bit easy. I launched my B1 Lancers and Poseidons with Land-attack weapons at the start of the mission.
The missiles of the B1 have huge range and they were launched right after the planes were launched. The Poseidons were just as fast as the missiles and they kept flying along them until they too were in range. Fired the missiles and about 60 missiles were en route to the airfield. They hit 30 mins later and destroyed the airfield. Done deal. Had to swat a couple Tupolevs and fighters out of the sky, but lost no planes myself.

The northern airfield can be hit even easier; select the entire taskgroup and tell them to attack the airbase. 50 Tomahawks are launched and they impact 45 minutes later. I didn't even need to change the load on my F35s to Strike to hit the airfield.

I'm playing the game at normal difficulty, but I thought this was a bit too easy.

In the mission I lost 7 planes, some even due to bingo fuel.

Is the mission too easy or am I just great at Naval Warfare? ;)

Stealth

You're probably just too good :cool:

What do the rest of you guys say? Need to ramp it up?

Yes, actually what the OP said is accurate. All that really needs to be done, even on Normal (maybe it's different on hard?), is to launch all your Tomahawks from the subs at Keflavik. Then launch your B1s, who can instantly fire their missiles at Bergen. So you really don't have to do much of anything to win, as the AI doesn't knock down your missiles at all in that scenario. I think the problem there is the AI not effectively attacking your ASMs.

Another addition to this mission: there's a small taskgroup of 4 ships led a by Kirov passing by the eastern submarine. All I had to do was fire my Tomahawks and all of the torpedoes and the entire group was gone. Again, way too easy ;).

Haven't played the last mission yet so looking forward to it :)