• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sn3ipen

Bourgeoisie Capitalist Rentseeker
80 Badges
Apr 19, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I thought I should start a new thread, since everybody else that have this kind of issue seem to have WinXP 32Bit.

The game start to freeze when I play on maps with lots of units. It start to gets slow with time compression 1:05 and get somewhat better when i set it to 1:1.

Especially in C01S09: North by Northwest, since thats how far i have come because of this issue.

I believe I tried everything. I checked the integrity in steam and even tried to set NWAK.exe to high priority in "Task Manager" and tried to turn off every thinkable background process(even the web browser!), but the result is the same all over.

Links to logs:
DxDiag.txt
output_log.txt
TTG_NAVALWAR_LOG2012-04-15.txt

This was from my latest game that lasted for about 30 minutes in C01S09. Deleted TTG_NAVALWARLOG before I tried to take a test run, to make it shorter.

I couldn't find The Comms log so there haven't been any issues with internet. :)

I came across this one in "output_log.txt", I tried to search The forums and compared other peoples log files to mine, but I couldn't find anyone with this:

Code:
HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/Misc/Player.cpp Line: 1593)

Can this have something to with a faulty DirectX installation or GPU-drivers on my machine? I think its not my drivers. See explanation under this.

and this!
Code:
Unloading 94 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 16094. Operation took 551.801562 ms.
That is a lonoog time to unload 31 unused assets compared to the the beginning of this game.

Thanks for any help.

Edit:
I tried to run a test in a mission where i didn't have any problems(Tutorial 3 - Air Strike) and I couldn't find anything wrong in the logs, even if i had it at 1:20, during almost the whole mission.

DxDiag.text

TTG_NAVALWAR_LOG2012-04-15.txt:
Warning - 4:35:46 PM.357 ** GameData->CreateUnit: Unit [FMP] (NATO Airport) spawned on low ground and is moved up. Height 276m
Warning - 4:35:46 PM.456 ** GameData->CreateUnit: Unit [GIH] (NATO Airport) spawned on low ground and is moved up. Height 131m
Warning - 4:35:59 PM.444 ** ExecuteEventTriggers: Trigger EventTrigger PlayerDetectsEnemy Role:IsAircraft 1Inner Triggers
Warning - 4:36:08 PM.665 ** ExecuteEventTriggers: Trigger EventTrigger OrderReceivedFromPlayer OrderType: LaunchAircraft
Warning - 4:36:28 PM.872 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNG Distance:0M, Speed:851KPH
Warning - 4:36:32 PM.58 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNG Distance:0M, Speed:851KPH
Warning - 4:37:06 PM.421 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNG Distance:0M, Speed:200KPH
Warning - 4:38:00 PM.86 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNG Distance:0M, Speed:200KPH
Warning - 4:38:15 PM.616 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:NH90 NFH GOJ Distance:0M, Speed:260KPH
Warning - 4:38:39 PM.375 ** ExecuteEventTriggers: Trigger PlayerObjective EventTrigger CountEnemyRoleDestroyedEqualsOrHigher TUT_TUTORIAL3_P1_VICCON_PLAYER_AIR Role:IsAircraft Victory Condition
Warning - 4:39:15 PM.804 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNG Distance:0M, Speed:200KPH
Warning - 4:39:20 PM.508 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:AIM-120D AMRAAM Missile Distance:0M, Speed:4900KPH
Warning - 4:39:20 PM.522 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:AIM-120D AMRAAM Missile Distance:0M, Speed:4900KPH
Warning - 4:39:20 PM.538 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:AIM-120D AMRAAM Missile Distance:0M, Speed:4900KPH
Warning - 4:39:49 PM.521 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FRM Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:03 PM.43 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Eurofighter Typhoon GLI Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:09 PM.833 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FSO Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:22 PM.322 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FRM Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:32 PM.385 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FSO Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:39 PM.770 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FRM Distance:0M, Speed:850KPH
Warning - 4:40:58 PM.255 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:NH90 NFH GOJ Distance:0M, Speed:260KPH
Warning - 4:41:41 PM.733 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNN Distance:0M, Speed:851KPH
Warning - 4:41:54 PM.473 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:NH90 NFH GOJ Distance:0M, Speed:260KPH
Warning - 4:41:59 PM.729 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:F-35C FWW Distance:0M, Speed:1200KPH
Warning - 4:42:03 PM.260 ** BaseUnit::MoveToNewPosition3D -> distance to move is <= 0, but actual speed is > 0! Unit:Boeing KC-767 GNN Distance:0M, Speed:851KPH
Warning - 4:42:03 PM.661 ** ExecuteEventTriggers: Trigger PlayerObjective EventTrigger CountEnemyRoleDestroyedEqualsOrHigher TUT_TUTORIAL3_P1_VICCON_PLAYER_SURFACE Role:IsSurfaceCombattant Victory Condition

and btw: I really like this game allot. Its the freshest thing I've been playing for a long time. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for feedback and logs.

We're continuing to optimize memory and performance. In very large scenarios, a bit of a performance hit will necessarily happen when a lot of things happen simultaneously on high time compression, but not as bad as you describe it.

I think "GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)" mostly happens if you Alt-Tab away from the game or minimize it during play. This should not be a problem.

I tried to "set affinity" to "cpu0" as described in another thread and it actually helped:) If I set 3DView to off, it actually became playable in that big mission. I guess I have to get used to it, for a while, untill you guys have solved the problem. To bad I can't hear the sound of the engine and explosion's when 3D is turned off. I know I got a crappy computer, but it meets the requirements as they are described on Steam.

I was actually thinking about installing XP on another partition to see if that could help(more RAM), until I came to the bug report forum and it sounds like they got bigger issues than I have. I also discovered that I got Ram Left when I am playing, so thats not the issue.

Thank you for your time, you are doing an amazing jobb!

Last edited: