• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I often try to roleplay in the game, trying always to do the best for the people. Thus changing to a republic down the line. Even chaning every cycle, even when I have a 9/9/9 leader... :(

I often try to roleplay in the game, trying always to do the best for the people. Thus changing to a republic down the line. Even chaning every cycle, even when I have a 9/9/9 leader... :(

Many countries dont have term limits and thus wouldnt vote out a good leader even the U.S. didnt in the timespan of the game

Many countries dont have term limits and thus wouldnt vote out a good leader even the U.S. didnt in the timespan of the game

I know, but it's the most secure way to prevent people from using their power. I'm not saying it has to be effective. Though there was that one time where my 9/9/9 president made a coup and turned the country into a dictatorship...

I know, but it's the most secure way to prevent people from using their power. I'm not saying it has to be effective. Though there was that one time where my 9/9/9 president made a coup and turned the country into a dictatorship...

almost makes it sounds like it was an event..

I prefer Republics, WE can mess up my legitimacy and awful leaders are far too common, I really don't like having a 3 diplo ruler, for example. I also don't rely on PUs, I prefer to grow stronger through military prowess and not by getting a PU and giving away money until my king dies.

With Republics I can go most of the game with 8/8/8 rulers getting plenty of border disputes, permanent 99% colonization success rate and avoiding decade long regency councils. :)

i didn't know that was possible and i think that you should PU your culture to get the cores in one of my MP games i'm going to inherit portugal then switch to a republic

i didn't know that was possible and i think that you should PU your culture to get the cores in one of my MP games i'm going to inherit portugal then switch to a republic

It's all role-playing, there are no events where your ruler can make any dissensions without your consent.

EU3_26.jpg

Pick republic they said. You can't get 3/3/3 leader there they said.
I think this game just hates me....
BACK TO THE MONARCHY.

If you get a 3/3/3 leader in a republic, file a bug report. That's supposed to be impossible (you should be guaranteed one stat of at least 5, determined by which option you pick in the election event).

EU3_26.jpg

I think this game just hates me....
BACK TO THE MONARCHY.

epic facepalm by your advisor

And why do you have diplomat anyway? 0 infamy and diplomat = total waste of money.

Or he only recently got his infamy to zero and is planning on getting more soon. Or having used his cultural tradition on the philosopher he's waiting to build more back up before getting a new advisor and although .5 gold per month is being wasted, it is only .5 gold per month which for a succesful trading republic like his probably isn't a big deal. And what kind of cold hearted ruler would push a loyal servant out onto the streets after having faithfully served him for the last 33 years when there isn't even a worthy successor to take his spot? :eek:hmy:

Or he only recently got his infamy to zero and is planning on getting more soon. Or having used his cultural tradition on the philosopher he's waiting to build more back up before getting a new advisor and although .5 gold per month is being wasted, it is only .5 gold per month which for a succesful trading republic like his probably isn't a big deal. And what kind of cold hearted ruler would push a loyal servant out onto the streets after having faithfully served him for the last 33 years when there isn't even a worthy successor to take his spot? :eek:hmy:
He died after 61 years :(
And I was using the diplomat because of 3 non-core provinces in HRE.

He died after 61 years :(
And I was using the diplomat because of 3 non-core provinces in HRE.

It must be an unwritten law in the code that 3/3/3 rulers live forever while 9/9/9 rulers live for a couple of years. Oh irony...