Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Irc?

Irc?

are there or will there be an official IRC channel for Salem?
    Last edited by sumo0; 15-04-2012 at 10:24.
    I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, I am a citizen of the world.

Im sure the Haven an Hearth IRC is more then sufficient for Salem right now. I think thats what most of the people who follow this game are using.

Second Lieutenant

I am pretty sure it will have it's own irc when the time comes

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    Im sure the Haven an Hearth IRC is more then sufficient for Salem right now. I think thats what most of the people who follow this game are using.
    Where can I find the HnH Irc channel?

irc.synirc.net #haven

there will be a salem irc as well, but it won't be "official" (the haven one isn't either)

Quote Originally Posted by sabinati View Post
    irc.synirc.net #haven

there will be a salem irc as well, but it won't be "official" (the haven one isn't either)
    Do the devs show up there?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yeah they do, mostly loftar (Fredrik Tolf) though.

beanieman aka jorb aka brother bean aka dzorby is usually in there as well...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

beanieman aka jorb aka brother bean aka dzorby is usually in there as well...
    Your developer is in another channel

Quote Originally Posted by ArvinJA View Post
    Your developer is in another channel
    Is this supposed to be a top secret channel? Not as though anyone in IRC can use the tools provided to find out what channels Jorb is in. I don't mind hanging in IRC but from what I saw in the HnH channel the other day aliasing, smurfing and trolling was pretty bad. I wouldn't want to advertise a Salem channel unless it was properly moderated as people as yourself would scare away the new players.

the current salem irc channel is secret (mode +s) which means that it does not show in listings or when you look at what channels people are in... what is smurfing?

... what is smurfing?
    I had to look that up too. Seems to be when people with high level characters play lower level characters. Or some such.

what is smurfing?
    smurfing
    Gaming term: Entering your regular server under a different name so u can see whats going on without being recognized.

Commonly used by server admins and the like.
    l4m3rtw4t: you cock sucking idiot i will spam as much as i like for i am a n00b
    l4m3rtw4t: wwwwwwwww0000000wwwwwwwwdddddfkkkkkkk
    Player1: Thats not a good idea
    l4m3rtw4t: fuck you dick, i own you and will always
    {Player1 Signed As ADMIN }
    l4m3rtw4t: Shit

Also used in IRC to imitate other players and pretend you are them. Like me going into HnH channel under the name ArvinJA then proceeding to say I suck cock.

Used to be common back in my Quake days on the dedi servers. Recently the Mortal Online IRC until they required registration to enter the channel. Which would be a good idea for Salem IRC especially if Jorb will be there and noobies will use it to ask questions. An unmoderated IRC can kill a population fairly quick when new players use it for info.

Second Lieutenant

but the purpose of a irc is so noobs can ask questions and get answers..Not just from the developers but from anyone who may know the answer..

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecas View Post
    but the purpose of a irc is so noobs can ask questions and get answers..Not just from the developers but from anyone who may know the answer..
    Yeah it is, but try going into the HnH IRC and see what you get. Its pretty bad in there. Im only hoping that the Salem IRC is a bit more professional with mods who actually moderate. Kind of silly to have an unofficial IRC for Salem and not an Official one.

if you want a professionally moderated IRC you have to pay people to moderate it...

if you want a professionally moderated IRC you have to pay people to moderate it...
    Not necessarily, trusted volunteers and Salem mods could easily do it. The mods on the Mortal Online IRC wasn't paid and it was quite professional. Most was interns, and players. Although after a year or so passed it slowly went downhill. This game will generate money if its good. Paradox could also moderate an official IRC channel for Salem as well.

#haven used to be actively moderated

#haven used to be actively moderated
    Back when Haven was actively developed!

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Just a general note to watch the language please.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast