• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheJeep111

Sergeant
11 Badges
Aug 22, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Iron Cross
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Playing as Italy. I allied myself with Germany very early to get techs. Between 33-39 I attacked and took over Yugo, Greece, Bulgaria, Albania, Ethiopia. Meanwhile Germany attacks and takes over Poland.

I see Germany Armys start piling up on the French Border, So I put a few units near the Italy/France border as it is only defended by a mear inf div I decide to only take a few provs and send most my army to attack Turkey when Germany DOW's Belguim and Netherlands.

Germany attacks Denmark and Norway.

Germany DOW's Belguim and Netherlands. I move into Southern France and attack Turkey.

Germany moves all their divisions (except like 10) to the Russian Border. France begins to take German Provs.

I move further into Southern France.

August 1940, Germany decides to move 35 divisions into Norway. I DOW Sweden so German Divisions at least have something to do.

Sept 1940, After loosing about 15 Provs, Germany begins moving back to repel the French advance. They take back all lost land and stop at Belguim/Netherlands/France Border and are now just sitting there.

Nov 1940, Germany garrisons Norway and Sweden, and moves all their divisions back to mainland. They also ally with Findland.

And they continue to sit there...even though they could crush the low countries they dont. So I advance further into southern france and up toward Vichy.

Then the game crashes to desktop when I tired using the convoy screen.

I only wrote all this out, because Im wondering if it was caused by something I did.

Hi

I'm working to fix some AI problems (I have a 1.03 beta with little changes)

Hi

I'm working to fix some AI problems (I have a 1.03 beta with little changes)

Great news quintelosky! I love the HOI2 Iron Cross expansion, and to know you and your team are working in a new patch 1.03 is an excellent announcement!! :p

Please fix the bug which makes allied mil.ctrl fleets move around!

In my current game as Germany, I am allied with Nat. Spain and all of a sudden their fleet and their condor-airforce ONLY dissapears!
They won SCW in April 37, this happened spring 39, before ww2 and after I reload.
Some transports and subs as well as 4 INT have not dissapeared, strange...

Also, I have to mention there are 2 times the team of Debrody in Hungary.

Im playing Italy. Its now feb 41 and the war hasnt even started. Germany went into poland as usual but the allies never DOWd germany like they usually do. Germany has not done anything since they annexed poland. They r not at war with anyone and r refusing to let Italy into the axis. Germany let me take albania but wont let me attack anyone else or they will DOW me. Ive abandoned 3 games cause germany DOW me when i went against yugo or greece. The allies consist of Britain France and syria. The axis has Germany, Slovakia, Hungry, and Romania. I had the same prob when i played japan. But at least that time Germany was at war with the allies even though they didnt invade france or the benelux countries. But germany was steam rollerd by SU in 41. It only took SU 2 weeks to defeat Germany. I played as the USA but never got into the war as japan never attacked and the allies refused to let me in and i could not DOW anyone. When i played Argentina everything went as normal untill i conqoured all south america then i had the axis, allies and cominturn all DOW me. I held out againts the USA but was steam rollered by Canada lol. All my ports went to Canada without them even landing any troops. Then Canada started pouring in units and took out the whole of s america in a few weeks. They were moving too fast Like 1 prov a day while it was taking me 3 months to move from 1 prov to another. They were even moving while in combat. IE i had a 12 divs attacking 1 Canadian div. They just moved into another prov while being attacked then suddenly they had a div in every prov around my army and destroyed it. Ive only managed to do anything with Japan so far. But even that didnt work right. I defeated everyone including my allies but the game refused to end. That game went to 1980 before i quit. Even though IC has a few probs that were not in arm its still a far better game than HOI3. I tried AOD but hated it. The only changes i would like to see in the HOI2 series is the unit creation made into brigades divs and corps like HOI3 and the command structore. Thats the only bit about HOI3 that i like.

Im playing Italy. Its now feb 41 and the war hasnt even started. Germany went into poland as usual but the allies never DOWd germany like they usually do. Germany has not done anything since they annexed poland. They r not at war with anyone and r refusing to let Italy into the axis. Germany let me take albania but wont let me attack anyone else or they will DOW me. Ive abandoned 3 games cause germany DOW me when i went against yugo or greece. The allies consist of Britain France and syria. The axis has Germany, Slovakia, Hungry, and Romania. I had the same prob when i played japan. But at least that time Germany was at war with the allies even though they didnt invade france or the benelux countries. But germany was steam rollerd by SU in 41. It only took SU 2 weeks to defeat Germany. I played as the USA but never got into the war as japan never attacked and the allies refused to let me in and i could not DOW anyone. When i played Argentina everything went as normal untill i conqoured all south america then i had the axis, allies and cominturn all DOW me. I held out againts the USA but was steam rollered by Canada lol. All my ports went to Canada without them even landing any troops. Then Canada started pouring in units and took out the whole of s america in a few weeks. They were moving too fast Like 1 prov a day while it was taking me 3 months to move from 1 prov to another. They were even moving while in combat. IE i had a 12 divs attacking 1 Canadian div. They just moved into another prov while being attacked then suddenly they had a div in every prov around my army and destroyed it. Ive only managed to do anything with Japan so far. But even that didnt work right. I defeated everyone including my allies but the game refused to end. That game went to 1980 before i quit. Even though IC has a few probs that were not in arm its still a far better game than HOI3. I tried AOD but hated it. The only changes i would like to see in the HOI2 series is the unit creation made into brigades divs and corps like HOI3 and the command structore. Thats the only bit about HOI3 that i like.

Thats a very big paragraph, very hard to read. My eyes keep getting lost. lol

I too just abandoned another Italy game, due to stupid germany. This time I used the new AI posted in the mod forums. It didnt work.

Seems as if Italy does anything different from the real war it messes up Germany's AI.

I start with eithopia and albana. No problems there.

In 37 I was in the Axis with Hungary and Germany.

In 38 Bulgaria joined us. I attacked Greece. Romania and Turkey DOW on Germany. I DOW on Yugoslavia after clearing Greece. Romaina was defeted by Germany and Hungary and then Annexed by Bulgaria, but Hungary got a loins share of land.

I then crushed Turkey while Germany DOW on Poland and the Allies jumped in.

1940 Turkey is Annexed by me, so now I control Yugo, Alb, Turkey, Greece. I lost Eithopia to Brits. I took over the Middle East.

Germany crushed Poland, DOW Belgium and Netherlands. They moved in half way and have stopped. Their units havent moved or attacked in 8 months. Netherlands even took Rostock (port in Germany) with one Division. Germany surronded them with like 15 Division but it wont attack them for some reason.

I decided to move into southern France to see if the would jump start German attacking. Nope. Still sitting half way into Belguim and Netherlands. They DOW Demark but wont move in. Netherlands INF division still sitting surronded in a major German port.

I tried taking over military control like 8 times, all tries were negative.

Im going to try one more time with Italy, this time I will follow the exact historical road Italy did in the real war.

Im thinking German AI is getting confused.

I've started and played 8 games since purchasing Iron Cross. Only when I played Germany did the AI for other countries work satisfactory.