• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gorduz

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Nov 7, 2011
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • 500k Club
1. I think the cannons are way to effective against missiles(and perhaps aircraft). In the baltic encounter scenario I get away without fireing a single AA missile. If I just select the gun on my boats I kill all missiles with one shot. Much better than AA missiles. If its supposed to be like that I would like the AI to use the guns instead of missiles as well.. :)

2. We played the barents patrol scenario. I started jamming. Then we quit and decided to restart. When the scenario was loaded I had a yellow circle on my map... I think there is something preventing the jamming circle from beeing removed..

3. If we are running at 20x time then my opponent selects 1x it goes to 1x. If I now select 1x(while its still at 1x), and my oponent thereafter selects 20x again, it goes to 20x instead of staying at 1x. Its a bit annoying.

Upvote 0
1. Interesting. We also have a thread in the main board about how ineffective guns and gatlings are against missiles ;)

2. Never noticed that. We'll have to check.

3. That's the way it has to work. Otherwise there would be no way for you to request that time compression should stay at 1:1.

Ok.

1. Yes I saw that. Could it be that there is something wrong in the database making some guns as efficient against ships as they are against missiles whereas others have the right parameters..?

3. ? I dont understand your answer.. What I wanted to do was to request that we should stay at 1x, but this did not happen.. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.. :confused:

3. Ahhh, no sorry I misunderstood you. I understand what is happening. You first request 20x, this is sent to the backend, but the game actually runs at 1x due to the opponent's choice. When you click 1x, the system just ignores it because it is the current setting :) If you select 2x then 1x it will work. I'll add a note to fix this.

wanted to add my voice to this - in one of the nato missions (the first in the baltic) the northern ship was able to shoot down incoming anti ship missile with its gun (not sure what it is, but its got a pretty short range).

I fired it manually, targeting each missile group, and it killed every missile (about 30) by one shotting each one.

I was pleased by this (my ship was safe) but I can see how this could be a problem in multiplayer (and of course for missions as well if I was actually able to win) :)