• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(332922)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 21, 2011
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
Hi all,

I just wanted linux gamers on this forum to know that the NWAC demo runs fine on my OpenSuSE 12.1 laptop. I installed steam via Wine and then downloaded the NWAC demo "inside" steam. The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.

So there you have it, no reason not to try NWAC just because you are using linux :cool:

Hi all,

I just wanted linux gamers on this forum to know that the NWAC demo runs fine on my OpenSuSE 12.1 laptop. I installed steam via Wine and then downloaded the NWAC demo "inside" steam. The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.

So there you have it, no reason not to try NWAC just because you are using linux :cool:

Hello Jenseman.

Thats good to know I've never use OpenSuSE 12.1. I've always been a Windows Man, ;) so all the linux using can play NWAG now thats real cool, great first post mate. :cool:

Ah, another Winefellow :)

The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.
I pretty much have the same experience on my mac :)

@Sn3ipen - I yesterday submitted NWAC to AppDB, just waiting for it to be verified :3 I guess Jenseman can add the Linux test report to that item when it's up!

Ah, another Winefellow :)

I pretty much have the same experience on my mac :)

@Sn3ipen - I yesterday submitted NWAC to AppDB, just waiting for it to be verified :3 I guess Jenseman can add the Linux test report to that item when it's up!

I still can't find NWAC on the AppDB, has it been verified?

That's very cool.

There is a mouse problem that some Windows users experience, too; we have a fix for it in the tech support forum - may also apply to Linux.

Hmm I will buy the game once it gets a save-game-feature inside missions (limited gaming time), then I will try the fix. However I suspect that many of the problems I observe are distro related. As stated I'm using openSuSe which isnt the most flawless disto IMO. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if someone who tried to run the game on a more mainstream distro like Ubuntu observed less problems/issues.

No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes.

Did you try the new patch? I can see in the changelog that they have fixed the mouse-wheel problem for Windows users.