+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NWAC on Linux

Cool NWAC on Linux

Hi all,

I just wanted linux gamers on this forum to know that the NWAC demo runs fine on my OpenSuSE 12.1 laptop. I installed steam via Wine and then downloaded the NWAC demo "inside" steam. The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.

So there you have it, no reason not to try NWAC just because you are using linux

Quote Originally Posted by Jenseman View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted linux gamers on this forum to know that the NWAC demo runs fine on my OpenSuSE 12.1 laptop. I installed steam via Wine and then downloaded the NWAC demo "inside" steam. The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.

So there you have it, no reason not to try NWAC just because you are using linux
    Hello Jenseman.

Thats good to know I've never use OpenSuSE 12.1. I've always been a Windows Man, so all the linux using can play NWAG now thats real cool, great first post mate.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamEUIV: Art of War

Great! Will try it myself some time. Did you post your findings in WineHQ AppDB?

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Ah, another Winefellow

The game does not run perfectly, it has it's problems: No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes. Otherwise it runs almost flawlessly.
    I pretty much have the same experience on my mac

@Sn3ipen - I yesterday submitted NWAC to AppDB, just waiting for it to be verified :3 I guess Jenseman can add the Linux test report to that item when it's up!

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    That's very cool.

There is a mouse problem that some Windows users experience, too; we have a fix for it in the tech support forum - may also apply to Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by General Baker View Post
    Ah, another Winefellow

I pretty much have the same experience on my mac

@Sn3ipen - I yesterday submitted NWAC to AppDB, just waiting for it to be verified :3 I guess Jenseman can add the Linux test report to that item when it's up!
    I still can't find NWAC on the AppDB, has it been verified?

Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    That's very cool.

There is a mouse problem that some Windows users experience, too; we have a fix for it in the tech support forum - may also apply to Linux.
    Hmm I will buy the game once it gets a save-game-feature inside missions (limited gaming time), then I will try the fix. However I suspect that many of the problems I observe are distro related. As stated I'm using openSuSe which isnt the most flawless disto IMO. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if someone who tried to run the game on a more mainstream distro like Ubuntu observed less problems/issues.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Jenseman View Post
    No zooming with the mouse wheel, steam crashes if internet conection is lost (I use offline mode) and if you try to start more than 3 scenarios/tutorials/campains from the game menu without restarting the game it also crashes.
    Did you try the new patch? I can see in the changelog that they have fixed the mouse-wheel problem for Windows users.

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

@Jenseman, it's still in my queued list... I guess they'll get round to it in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn3ipen View Post
    Did you try the new patch? I can see in the changelog that they have fixed the mouse-wheel problem for Windows users.
    I only tried the demo, or does the demo also have this fix included?

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    The demo is fixed as well when there is a new patch, yes.

+ Reply to Thread