• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

john.kilmartin5

Second Lieutenant
50 Badges
Aug 25, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
OK this may be a stupid question, but as my working knowledge about radar is limited to a little reading about the battle of Britain and the rather embarrassing situation where the RN AA radar could not distinguish between Argentine aircraft and land during the Falklands war, I have to ask... what are the various advantages to the different aircraft highs? OK I know my AWACs want to be high up in order to get the best range (thank you tutorial) but does that be that there is an advantage to keeping my fighters as low as possible? and then only coming up to medium hight to attack?

Also is there a decent way to have my aircraft avoid enemy missiles, as at the moment its seems a little hit and miss, (eg if they are are targeted is there an advantage to turning on active radar and an optimum manoeuvring hight?

Also are there any plans to have an in game encyclopaedia, I can see allot of work went into researching and building the various weapons and platforms in this game, as well as the radar, and it would be nice to be able to read up in their capabilites without being in the game.

Hello John,

It sounds like you have radar pretty well understood. The spotter wants high ground (max altitude) while the target wants low ground (minimum altitude). You can attack from low altitude, too, which is probably something we will want to correct (in real life high altitude has clear advantages re. range/velocity).

Evading missiles: Very low altitude is somewhat better to avoid being hit. Active radar doesn't help evading, but it may give you a chance to shoot back.

We plan to improve the game in a number of ways. Giving more information about units, weapons and sensors in-game is definitely something on our list, but I dare not commit to what and when.