• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Go to your game folder. There you will have subfolder Battlesets with NWAC in it. Look for file Scenario_c01s12.nwscenarios . Copy it somewhere safe as a backup.

Open the original file with the text editor (notepad is enough).

Look for Landing Force North and then PositionInfo. Just below are coordinates. Edit them to your will.

Repeat this looking for Landing Force South and then PositionInfo.

Save. Enjoy.

Yeah I THINK I got this a bit wrong. What would be a good set of coordinates for them?

jUoRe.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a cool website which allows you to find the coordinates of a certain spot, just moved it near Norway and viola.
Thanks though!

EDIT2: well I managed to beat the scenario after editing the starting positions. Took me 10 hours of in game time (2 and a half hours real time), and I swear I had killed every Russian on the map by the end. Those three submarines gave me a bit of a shock when I thought I was home free.

A lot of my aircraft ran out of fuel in the middle of the north sea though.

Last edited:
Go to your game folder. There you will have subfolder Battlesets with NWAC in it. Look for file Scenario_c01s12.nwscenarios . Copy it somewhere safe as a backup.

Open the original file with the text editor (notepad is enough).

Look for Landing Force North and then PositionInfo. Just below are coordinates. Edit them to your will.

Repeat this looking for Landing Force South and then PositionInfo.

Save. Enjoy.

Hi

Editing the lines you suggested seems to have no effect on the starting positions of the fleets. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Also, all 3d graphics are off, and all sound is off (sliders all the way down... is there a way to actually disable the sound rather than turn it down?).

As soon as missiles start flying, the game UI locks up and i am unable to issue commands until it unfreezes itself for a brief respite. Meanwhile the action continues in the background and i inevetably loose during a 60 second lock up.

I would say you doing it wrong. How changing starting coordinates can have no impact on starting position. Are you editing correct file? Correct place?
For north group default starting position is:
<Latitude>63.668197</Latitude>
<Longitude>6.38855</Longitude>
for the south one:
<Latitude>58.349866</Latitude>
<Longitude>3.922119</Longitude>

don't change anything else.

Freezing bug: check your cpu usage. If it's over 25% it's the problem with amount of computation. If it's lower - like few % - freezing bug ->add logs to the Technical Support subforum.

Last edited:
Tried this yesterday my PC stuttered for the first time ever playing NWAC when the missiles were flying. It was horrendous. It's not my rig as mine should be more than enough to handle games like NWAC.