+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World Pics Mod Redux

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

World Pics Mod Redux

Well, I have taken over the world pics mod because the two other creators are not able to mod right now. Bulgarion will be able to rejoin the work by the end of June, I don't know about Nachioos. I have released a new version, 0.6, and I will hopefully release a new version every week. The new version adds pics for Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and parts of Egypt. The next version will continue with Africa.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22122...rkest+Hour.rar

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.) Download Newest Version
    2.) Extract into Games folder (or whatever folder you installed Darkest Hour with)
    3.) Replace files if prompted
    4.) Have fun!
    Last edited by General Mosh; 13-08-2012 at 21:44.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Next version will be released soon! It will finish Ethiopia and continue going south into Africa!
    Last edited by General Mosh; 13-08-2012 at 21:45.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Could someone with the power to please move this thread to the User mods section? I messed up

Glad to see you continuing this neat little gfx mod. Best of luck finding all the pics!

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

downloading right now.... BIG THX General Mosh!!

Thank you, both of you!

I will probably be able to release version 0.64 later this week. Also, me and Bulgarion were talking about possibly changing the cover picture for the startup and loading screens. I figure that some people will want the pics, but not the loading screen, and I don't want to force people to have to create a completely new DH full copy just so they can get a different startup screen. So I'm going to create that screen, and then release it as a separate thing, for you to add on to the mod if you want. The startup screen will be a collage of pictures from across the world, with maybe some military machines overlaid those. There is only one problem. I have no idea how to add in a startup screen :P
    So can anyone who knows please tell me the specifications of the startup screen, and exactly what part of the files I have to put it in? Thanks in advance!

While there are bigger mods that change the title screen out there, this is a small mod that does the same, so maybe you can pinpoint how to make your own from it? It's worth a shot. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Graphic-update

Yes, I'll try it. Also, I'm planning on releasing a new version tonight or tomorrow.

Darkest Hour/mods/World Picture Mod/gfx/ - dump a graphic called 'load_1024' in and it'll overwrite the loading screen at that res.
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    Darkest Hour/mods/World Picture Mod/gfx/ - dump a graphic called 'load_1024' in and it'll overwrite the loading screen at that res.
    Well, we aren't doing this in a separate mod folder. It is put in the regular DH folder, to make sure that it applys to every single mod. There are no compatibility issues, I have tested a bunch of mods. Also, could you explain what load_1024 is and what overwriting the loading screen is? Sorry I'm a bit of a tech noob :P

load_1024.bmp is the loading screen image. Drop it on your DHfull folder to change it. etc.
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    load_1024.bmp is the loading screen image. Drop it on your DHfull folder to change it. etc.
    Ok thank you

Version 0.62 has been released!!!

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21611...rkest+Hour.rar

This version completes Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, and begins Ethiopia. Sorry for how long it took, turns out finding pictures of the desert is hard, especially when you try to keep them interesting and free of human influence! :P

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

very nice...two questions for you mate...1) i have to install the mod only in the main game folder or in the mod folder too?... 2) these pics are awesome...is it any chance make them for HOI3 ? (big request)..
    " ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND GET THEM King Leonidas , Thermopylae , 480 BC "

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

Quote Originally Posted by princeseth View Post
    very nice...two questions for you mate...1) i have to install the mod only in the main game folder or in the mod folder too?...
    Just the main game folder :P
    2) these pics are awesome...is it any chance make them for HOI3 ? (big request)..
    I would if I had the game! Perhaps if Bulgarion has HOI3 he can convert it later on, but for now I can't do it. Sorry!

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

ok..no problem..i hope then Bulgarion to convert these pics cause are fantastic....
    " ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND GET THEM King Leonidas , Thermopylae , 480 BC "

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

Quote Originally Posted by princeseth View Post
    ok..no problem..i hope then Bulgarion to convert these pics cause are fantastic....
    Well, if he can't, I was thinking about getting HOI3 anyways so...:P
    Maybe I'll do it then.
    I also want you guys to know that the minute another HOI game (if there is ever a new one) comes out I'll be buying it and then I'll convert these pics.

I would ask for pics for the Polish province...
    Last edited by signoralex84; 27-05-2012 at 23:09.

Wheres everybody?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast