• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In similar to this sticky weapons range circles is sticky waypoints. I often want to arrange the waypoints of a plane and ship relative to the other units around it but there seems to be no way to see all of the units waypoints whilst you are creating them for a single unit. Would be handy if you had a button that turned off and on all the waypoints for all your units so you could plan their movements in relation to each other then turn their visibility back off again. Just a thought - bit like what the spacebar does in the Total War Games ie it shows you where all your men are planning to move to when they complete their move.

Sticky range circles. Hmm. Not a bad idea. We have to think about how to do this right.

I think, it would be quite easy:
When you click on a weapon in the weapons list now, it shows the range circle on the screen. All it need, is a small "fixing pin" symbol on the right side of each of the weapons. It turns "green" when the range is fixed, it turns "red" when it is switched off. I made a quick picture of what I mean:

Click me, I'm a link.

Yes, my paint skills suck, I know. :p

€: Or you could simply switch the ranges to either "on" or "off" by clicking on the symbol on the left.

Jan,

Since this thread is rolling along a bit I stumbled on what appears to be two related bugs/glitches.

1. Once a fighter runs out of missiles and you want to go to guns, clicking on a target to close and attack does not appear to work. The aircraft keeps on flying on whatever heading it is on forcing you to manually reorient with movement plotting. I happen in on case to hit the weapons button and noticed the "automatic" tag at the top of the weapons listing. When I selected the gun and the tag changed to the gun, I could select an enemy a/c and the plane would attempt to engage it with the gun. Is there any way to "remove" spent ordinance from the listing to override the Automatic setting? Is this a bug that you guys can fix where the platform defaults to using only weapons it has left? It may be that the guns are not being seen as the weapon of choise when all missiles are gone.

2. The AI does not appear to defend itself in a gun based air to air fight or attempt to engage in said fight. Could be an issue with the guns not rating as "best weapon" from #1 or an issue with AI not being directed to engage with guns if it is itself being engaged. My Su27 flew around and through 2 Typhoons who did not bat an eye. The Su-27 got 5 kills via guns. Was awesome.

I also hit one other "it would be nice if" items too. A more detailed post mortum. You get the basic victory screen, but it would be great to review the log and even to have a kill record matrix for each platform to see what it did or how it died.

Again thanks for your continued support of the game!

For me:

1. Save game feature (nice for long scenarios and make game freezes less critical)
2. RTB fuel bingo etc...
3. Continue feature (though I don't actually this needs any change in the game, only the scenarios must be redesigned a little. If I get time Ill see if I can make one scenario that works like this.)

Thats it! Great game :)

For be it would me save game mid round.
Keybinds for loads of functions.
Radar Ranges show toggle. Lets you quickly see what is radiating.
Moving to the side or top of the screen moves the screen.
Planes not going bingo when you tell them to RTB. :edit. Just saw others said this too. D'oh.

And as others have said skirmish and scenario editor with export/import function so we can share.
More contexts for the right click.