+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 399ad - wish lists

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

399ad - wish lists

In this thread you can in your individual post write your suggestions for improvements, errors, problems, etc. with the 399AD mod. I can then see what you'd like to have introduced or changed in the mod.

Please keep it to only 1 post per person, instead editing your own post as and when you want to add, change or remove comments. Then it will be easier to get an overview of your thoughts.

I, in turn, will in the second post immediately below write what i am currently focusing upon.

(Please don't be angry or disappointed if i don't change always in accordance with your suggestions. I have limited time, and may even disagree with you. No offence then, it's just a matter of opinions,ok? ).

So please go ahead and occupy your own post!
    Last edited by AKronblad; 14-04-2012 at 19:15.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Latest accomplishments:
    Released version 0.9.9.8.4hf

Currently focusing on:
    Splitting up religion slightly: Pictic to be removed (all pictic religions changed into celtic), Hinduism moved to the pictic religion_group spot, in its own group, and hinduism's spot to be taken by Theravada (buddhism), the original buddhism changing into Mahayana (buddhism), these two in its own religion_group, and confucianism and daoism forming its own separate religion_group (chinese_religion_group).

Next step:
    Historical flavour events as well as generic for culture_groups, 599AD start date

Comments to suggestions below (for you to update those that I have implemented or rejected):
    -
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AKronblad; 19-06-2012 at 02:04. Reason: Update 2012-05-31
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Change the flag and colour of the caliphate from black to green and use the abbasid flag
    Add the decision for steppe nomads to settle and become monarchy
    Add the event where in the middle of the 6th century a great power gets the option to convert you
    For anti-blobbing you can intergnate the admnististration system from magna mundi mod and for great power the ranking of ATAGE mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...or-Divine-Wind)
    Shiite and suni should spread out of the caliphate,not just in it.

EDIT (14/4/2012) : Iconoclast religion and iconoclast event chain for orthodox countries
    Last edited by videonfan; 14-04-2012 at 11:56.
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Founding of Caringian and rise to reform the empire.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Last edited by Bear_Sheba; 24-07-2012 at 14:01.

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

* Address old roman usurpers (Germania, Gallia, Britannia, Illyricum, Pannonia, Africa, Hispania) that appear as revolters after WRE has been destroyed.

* Bookmarks and history for 500, 600 and 700AD.
    Last edited by Micro; 04-04-2013 at 18:57.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Oops.
    Last edited by Bear_Sheba; 25-04-2012 at 21:18.

-Elimination of as many wars by event as possible (usurpers, seperatists, etc.)
    -Use of rebel system to model usurpers
    -Commitanei changed from yearly recruitment to max recruitment cap
    -WRE starts with knowledge of how to sail from Africa to Britain
    -Heirs don't start longing for the purple until they're at least of age. Also you should need to actually have an heir for this event to happen.
    -It's shouldn't be possible to increase autonomy without positive stability
    -Remove the ERE core on southern italy. Remove the WRE core on Constantinople.
    -Change the country size events into triggered modifiers.
    -Create higher level forts in some locations
    -Change the technology levels so that many buildings are buildable at the start
    -picts should be in the same culture group as celts, if they should even be a different culture from celts in the first place.
    -Malta should belong to the ERE, not the WRE. I think the culture would be greek though I don't know.
    -Some sort of Black Sea trade modifier for Ethiopian or Nubian nations controlling the whole coast.
    -Orthodox splinter groups not affect catholic provinces after Chalcedon.
    -Macau should be merged into Guangzhou as it is small and was lightly populated until the 16th century
    -Some sort of egyptian revolter in case it's occupied for rebels too long
    -Make it so that roman defectors don't have island hideaways from whence they can thwart barbarian annexation even after losing their armies
    -Barbarian nations wont respawn after they've transformed into kingdoms.
    Last edited by keynes2.0; 03-05-2012 at 21:28.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    500k club

- Missions after 700 to for new European nations to conquer important areas (eg. Rome so they can be crowned by pope)
    - The spread of Arab culture to North Africa if conquered by Caliphate.
    - More historical flavour events
    - Any possibility in redoing the flags of Alamans, Burgundians and Burgundy? The current ones are quite ugly.
    - Possible extension of the timeline to 1000 AD. (yeah, I know it's a lot, but would be really nice) New cultures forming (High Germanic, Low Germanic, Italian and so on...) More time for vikings and Muslim Golden Age
    - Better simulation of the Slavic and Finnic tribes in modern-day Russia... Also the Viking excursions into Rus and the forming of Kievan Rus by Viking (800s)
    - Magyars
    Attached Images
    Last edited by XVG; 04-06-2012 at 19:11.
    Formerly GM of Caliphate on the Edge
    Formerly GM of The Twilight of Antiquity
    His Majesty Friedrich II, King of Prussia in WiR 1778
    Revolutionary Committee of the Rhenian Republic in The Long 19th Century
    Mahir Corbadžić, Bosniak Carpet Merchant and Cool Guy in Strength of Slavia

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

some kind of decision for cultural tradition.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    some kind of decision for cultural tradition.
    Actually,unique decisions for nations like ERE,WRE and the german kingdoms that give cultural tradition would be a great thing
    For example byzantium(and constantinopolis)could have "create more iconography"
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Could make a decision so that an Arian kingdom could convert to orthodoxy?
    That's what happened with thz burgundians in the Vth century.
    Well, I guess that your idea is good. All neighbours orthodox, or maybe most of them...
    Or maybe something like requesting missionaries from roma or another great religious center to switch religion.
    Last edited by Tao69300; 27-11-2012 at 20:30.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao69300 View Post
    Could make a decision so that an Arian kingdom could convert to orthodoxy?
    That's what happened with th burgundians in the Vth century.
    Easily done. Only question is under which circumstances the AI would choose to make that decision?

When all Christian neighbours are Orthodox only, and prestige is negative?

EDIT: http://theburgundian.blogspot.dk/200...rgundians.html
    Last edited by AKronblad; 27-11-2012 at 13:15.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Changing the name of Eran to the Sassanid Empire for Historical Accuracy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 99KingHigh View Post
    Changing the name of Eran to the Sassanid Empire for Historical Accuracy.
    Many thanks for suggestion but will not implement for two reasons:

1. Not more historically accurate than Eran (actually less).
    2. The country will not necessarily always be ruled by the Sasan dynasty (actually sometimes overthrown in game, with subsequent attempts to regain power).

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Many thanks for suggestion but will not implement for two reasons:

1. Not more historically accurate than Eran (actually less).
    2. The country will not necessarily always be ruled by the Sasan dynasty (actually sometimes overthrown in game, with subsequent attempts to regain power).
    Ah, its all preference I suppose. I also and wondering why some of the Leaders start as the II King, for example, Yazdegerd, who in truth was the first of his name.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 99KingHigh View Post
    Ah, its all preference I suppose. I also and wondering why some of the Leaders start as the II King, for example, Yazdegerd, who in truth was the first of his name.
    Good point about Y, will change.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As I've expressed before, I dislike the fact that the Caliphate gets so many bonuses to simulate their rapid and aggressive expansion, when in reality, they just happened to rise to their glorious days right after Persia and Byzantium had finished a twenty year long war. It's obviously not the only contributing factor, but this isn't the thread for debate over it, and I don't expect it changed.

What I would like to see, however, is a decision similar to the WRE and ERE religious decisions for most major powers, i.e Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Manicheanism for Eransahr, Catholic/Celtic for Britons, etc.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Can't we just post this stuff in your other thread? Confused...
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Blog Entries
    @Ophaphid: Hi there. Have responded to you in the main 399AD thread.

@Scocou: Hi. You're absolutely right. My idea of an idea thread didn't quite work out...

@Any MODERATOR: PLEASE CLOSE (AND DELETE) THIS THREAD. MANY THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread