• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(323382)

Zeal Game dev
Jun 1, 2011
Hello,

Alpha time! So we've gone into alpha, finally. It took some hard weeks of crunch but it's done! However this means virtually nothing for development right now, we've still got copious amounts of content to produce for the game.

Just to inform those of you that doesn’t know, when you hit alpha, you are no longer allowed to implement new features into the game. Nevertheless content is still being implemented, so the game is still far from done.

So what comes next? Well we now have 2 months of content implementation and stress alpha testing, once that is all taken care of we're heading into beta.

So going on Beta, this means that the following weeks I'll be revisiting all the systems ingame currently in the game to see if they need additions or reductions. I think I'll let my upcoming dev-blogs be about these topics. Next week however I'm going to London so for that blog I'm bringing in Daniel, to talk some about the Narrative and Setting of the game (he is in charge of those things)

When I return I'm finally gonna have that Q&A blog that I've been planing and maybe I'll even put some sort of a twist on it, we'll see.

That is all for this week, I've gotta get back to my other tasks but I'll return before long.

Thanks you for your time.

//Thorwaldsson

And did I . . . . Yes I did. . . . . I heard a mention of that lovely word . . . . . “Beta”
:)

There is always a beta... but it's not always open to people outside the team. So don't be so over joyed about.

I hope you didn't have to sacrifice too much feature because you had so many ideas, it's always sad when you have too much and can't put them all.

There is always a beta... but it's not always open to people outside the team. So don't be so over joyed about.
Obviously. . . . I never said a word about expecting ouside team members to be able to be involved in Beta testing one way or the other - so my enjoyment level will stay the same.
:p

I hope you didn't have to sacrifice too much feature because you had so many ideas, it's always sad when you have too much and can't put them all.

That is why you have expansions :D