• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seigman

Turbo Tape Games Dev
7 Badges
Jan 21, 2011
andreasjohansen.com
  • Cities in Motion
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Some players are reporting problems using the mouse wheel and keyboard when playing NWAC. We've done a bit of research and it seems to be related to the input method used in Unity3D (the 3D engine we use). It defaults to RAW input, but in some cases DirectInput is needed for all commands to work.

Attached you will find two registry files. One is to set Unity to use DirectInput, the other is to revert to default (raw input). If you have had problems with using your mouse/keyboard, please run the SetDirectInput.reg file and then try running NWAC to see if this solves your problem. If it does (or doesn't for that matter) - let us know so we can take steps to fix this properly in future versions!

If this doesn't solve your problem, run the ResetInput.reg file to revert back to previous changes.

EDIT: Make sure you also run the ResetInput.reg file if your problem isn't resolved by running the SetDirectInput.reg file as it might be that it was previously set that's causing this problem.

~Andreas

Attachments

• SetDirectInput.reg
    142 bytes · Views: 890
  • ResetInput.reg
    118 bytes · Views: 747
Last edited:
Upvote 0
SetDirectInput.reg does not help

Hi Guys,

I have the dreaded no keyboard input / scroll not working. Tried the reg file but no change.

I can left click to select and right click to set destination but that's about all. I have to exit game using Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Using Logitech G9 mouse, G15 keyboard and G35 headset.

Will attach log files when able (just joined).

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have the dreaded no keyboard input / scroll not working. Tried the reg file but no change.

I can left click to select and right click to set destination but that's about all. I have to exit game using Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Using Logitech G9 mouse, G15 keyboard and G35 headset.

Will attach log files when able (just joined).

Cheers

Did you also run the ResetInput.reg file?

Yes I did.

EDIT: Actually I just tried it again after a reboot and your solution seems to work! I have full control now.

Thanks for all your efforts in sorting out the problems. Top marks!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Great to hear! Most likely this registry key has been set by some other Unity based game/application that you have run in the past (with an older Unity version). Running the ResetInput.reg cleared this registry entry and Unity was then able to revert back to its default input settings.

AHAAA! I used the file setdirect, rebooted but it did not work. I then used the file reset, rebooted and it works. Using escape also let me get to the menu. Now, about the other problems.... no, let me enjoy this. I also, since today is Friday the 13th, Repeated 3 times: Don't screw with me GODS of bad luck( there is no scientific proof that saying this aided your suggestion. I am on my 5th brew and happy. Thanks Capt Kirk A quick question: why am I not allowed to post attachments?

Also works for me. Apply SetDirectInput.reg and then ResetInput.reg (no need to reboot PC) and I now have mouse wheel/keyboard :cool:

Does ask questions about Unity3D though ... shouldn't a later version installation of Unity3D take this into account? It is a rather large issue for those affected. I'd have a word with the guys from Unity, it probably cost you some sales when people see an issue like this.

Take a look here:

This is the latest patch for 'Lunar Flight', which I got at about the same time as NWAC.

Lunar Flight Updated
Product Update - Valve
snip
- Changed: Direct Input registry setting removed due to conflicts with Unity games built with v3.5 of Unity.
snip

This could have been the culprit (for me at least). The patch is busy downloading now, hope it won't mess things up again.

Hi,

I'm also experiencing a mouse problem after the latest patch (no problems before)... After installing the patch, I can't see the mouse icon in the game. If I move my mouse, I can tell when I'm over a menu item because it is highlighted, but can't actually see the icon. If I click on the menu item, it opens the menu selection, so my mouse it actually working, I just have no icon showing me where it is...

I tried the reg fixes posted above, no help. rebooted, no help.

I can upload screen shots or any other helpful data later this evening, if that might help.

Thanks