• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(255172)

Turbo Tape Games Dev
1 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
turbotapegames.com
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
All units in the game, in pretty random order (some civilian units omitted):

F-22 FixedwingAircraft
F-35A FixedwingAircraft
F-35B FixedwingAircraft
F-35C FixedwingAircraft
F/A-18 Super Hornet FixedwingAircraft
EA-18G Growler FixedwingAircraft
Eurofighter Typhoon FixedwingAircraft
JAS 39 Gripen FixedwingAircraft
MiG-29K FixedwingAircraft
Su-27SM FixedwingAircraft
Su-35 FixedwingAircraft
Sukhoi Su-50A FixedwingAircraft
Sukhoi Su-50C FixedwingAircraft
E-3 Sentry FixedwingAircraft
Beriev A-50U Shmel FixedwingAircraft
Ilyushin Il-78 FixedwingAircraft
Boeing KC-767 FixedwingAircraft
E-2 Hawkeye FixedwingAircraft
Lockheed P-3C Orion FixedwingAircraft
Boeing P-8A Poseidon FixedwingAircraft
B1 Lancer FixedwingAircraft
Tupolev Tu-22M3 FixedwingAircraft
Tupolev Tu-95 FixedwingAircraft
Tupolev Tu-160 FixedwingAircraft
Boeing 767 FixedwingAircraft
Dassault Falcon 20 FixedwingAircraft
MQ-9 Mariner FixedwingAircraft
M-47B Pegasus FixedwingAircraft
Sukhoi Skat FixedwingAircraft
BAE Taranis FixedwingAircraft
Camcopter S-100 Helicopter
NH90 NFH Helicopter
AW101 HM2 Helicopter
AW159 Lynx Wildcat Helicopter
SH-60B Seahawk Helicopter
Kamov Ka-27 Helicopter
MIM-23 Hawk SAM LandInstallation
NASAMS 2 SAM LandInstallation
RBS 23 SAM LandInstallation
Rapier 2 LandInstallation
S-400 Triumf LandInstallation
TOR SAM LandInstallation
Sentinel Radar LandInstallation
TOR Radar LandInstallation
Giraffe Radar LandInstallation
Ula Submarine
Virginia Submarine
Ohio Submarine
Astute Submarine
Shchuka-B Submarine
Yasen Submarine
Lada Submarine
Type 212 Submarine
Gotland Submarine
Arleigh Burke SurfaceShip
CG Ticonderoga SurfaceShip
Admiral Gorshkov SurfaceShip
Steregushchiy SurfaceShip
Hamina SurfaceShip
Visby SurfaceShip
Skjold SurfaceShip
Fridtjof Nansen SurfaceShip
Type 23 Frigate SurfaceShip
Type 45 Destroyer SurfaceShip
Iver Huitfeldt SurfaceShip
Absalon SurfaceShip
Sachsen SurfaceShip
Baden-Württemberg SurfaceShip
Brandenburg SurfaceShip
Halifax SurfaceShip
Gawron SurfaceShip
De Zeven Provinciën SurfaceShip
Kirov SurfaceShip
Mistral SurfaceShip
Slava SurfaceShip
Nimitz SurfaceShip
Wasp SurfaceShip
Queen Elizabeth SurfaceShip
Admiral Kuznetsov SurfaceShip
Udaloy II SurfaceShip
Udaloy I SurfaceShip
Project 206MR Vikhr SurfaceShip

More details will be published later.

Why HAWK and not Patriot?
Hawk is allready out of service in nearly all user nations and in 2030 it will be a museum piece.
Also Gawron class is dead. Cancelled.
Lada is apparently cancelled in favor of improved Kilos.
Why no german K 130 Braunschweig class?
They suck but they will most likely be still in service in 2030 and will be much more useful in this sort of conflict than the F 125 class.

Why HAWK and not Patriot?
Ack. We have the Patriot in the game, but somehow it fell out off my list. Oh well. I'll export it again.

Also Gawron class is dead. Cancelled.
We know, but we don't like it, so it's in the game.

We made the unit selection and all that before certain changes happened. Still fun to play with.
Lada is apparently cancelled in favor of improved Kilos.
Maybe, maybe not. We'll see what the Russians decide next week. We took the decision a long time ago. It's here, it's cool :)

Why no german K 130 Braunschweig class?
They suck but they will most likely be still in service in 2030 and will be much more useful in this sort of conflict than the F 125 class.
Quite the opposite; in this game's conflict any platform with 2 helicopters and 8 ASMs is at least useful for something, even if it needs babysitting to survive any air or missile threat. The Braunschweig is very cool, but not really for blue water operations, which is why we left it out in favor of Baden-Württemberg. K130 has no real helicopter (we have included the Camcopter mostly for laughs), and helpless against air. Preferably we'd have both, but I'm sure you understand we have to prioritize.

Last edited:
That was why I wondered about K 130.
But perhaps the Campcopter and the next 5 UAV designs for K 130 will all be cancelled as well.
When I put the K 130 into Harpoon 3 DB2000 in 2002 or so, the design still had 4 RB 15, 8 polyphems, 2 RAM launchers and 2 Seamos UAVs...
Perhaps use Gawron's 3d model for K 130?
It is the same basic design, only larger

I know you have to prioritize, so please don't take criticism too personal, you did a great job!

I'Ve got a question: I found a screenshot of the Sachsen class (nice model btw.) but in it's weaponliste there was no sign of the two RAM launcher. Did you forget them? Or was it an old screenshot from the Beta?

I have almost played through NATO campaign now.
I think i noticed some strangeness on the Gripen and Visby class.
All those units ingame seems to carry RBS-15 Mk.III
Gripen should carry RBS-15F
Visby-class should carry RBS-15Mk.IV
These weapon systems have quite different maximum range.
Mk.IV is still in development but it is said that it's range will be over 1000km.

http://news.yahoo.com/ice-cap-melts-militaries-vie-arctic-edge-072343565.html

Just a little reminder, how very likely that someday this cold war might turn hot. Didn't know about those Sweedish boys who died in the C130 crash, my condolences. Crazy stuff to think about, gaming what might happen. Back in 08, Combat Mission Shock Force came out. The premise was a NATO invasion of Syria following a civil war..............yeah I know. I was a soldier once, but I certainly have no desire to see the world go at it like this. Naval wars are the most deadly, with the greatest loss of life and material in the shortest amount of time! Got a little shiver reading this, so enjoy!!!

BTW - Where is my Seawolf??? :p

http://news.yahoo.com/ice-cap-melts-militaries-vie-arctic-edge-072343565.html

Just a little reminder, how very likely that someday this cold war might turn hot. Didn't know about those Sweedish boys who died in the C130 crash, my condolences. Crazy stuff to think about, gaming what might happen. Back in 08, Combat Mission Shock Force came out. The premise was a NATO invasion of Syria following a civil war..............yeah I know. I was a soldier once, but I certainly have no desire to see the world go at it like this. Naval wars are the most deadly, with the greatest loss of life and material in the shortest amount of time! Got a little shiver reading this, so enjoy!!!

BTW - Where is my Seawolf??? :p

It was five (flight crew + extra officer) Norwegian military personnel that died in the C-130 crash into a Swedish mountain.

There is a thread about this becoming a real conflict here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?601208-NW-AC......becoming-a-reality-)

Realin, thanks for the correction and the link. I served in the US Army for a time, when I hear of the loss of soldiers from any nation, I manage a silent prayer at least for their families. Courage and self sacrifice seem to be in short supply these days :/

I know the US involvement is limited but surely by 2030 the US would have more Gerald R Ford class carriers, enough to put at least one to the North Atlantic? I'm only seeing the Nimitz class which while still awesome, by 2030 they'd be pushing the end of their life spans...