• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The idea is to replace each Nimitz with a GRF. I reckon at least 5 Nimitz will still be active (under 40 years old) by 2030, with the other 5 (or 6?) having been replaced by that point.

3.jpg

Don't mind this guy... :p

Ohi guys. Nice beach.

(Of course my epic carrier fleet would have attending ships, frigate pickets + submarines to ensure invincibility. Need to get some Collins class subs up there, represent us Aussies who selflessly put ourselves on the line for our UK and US overlords)

Quick scan of the beach tells me why they got in so close.......:D If I were the skipper of that boat, we would have beached and everyone would have had a liberty on shore ;)

Btw, why the Project 206MR Vikhr?
This is a pretty obscure choice for a russian missile boat and it is no longer in service with the Russian Navy.

Here is another little gripe I noticed today in the new "Jutland 2030" scenario: The German Baden-Wurttemberg (F125) class frigate should be armed with an Oto-Breda 127mm gun (with Volcano long-range guided shells), not the 76mm. This is in fact one of the primary function of this future german warship: long-range naval gunfire support.

Here is another little gripe I noticed today in the new "Jutland 2030" scenario: The German Baden-Wurttemberg (F125) class frigate should be armed with an Oto-Breda 127mm gun (with Volcano long-range guided shells), not the 76mm. This is in fact one of the primary function of this future german warship: long-range naval gunfire support.
I obviously picked the wrong gun when I fitted the ship. Sorry about that.

It really is. We just needed a Russian patrol boat to make some fun missions not involving the heavier ships (read: with solid anti-air). Suggestions for the future are very welcome!

Project 1234 (Nanuchka class?)
Or some sort of modified Bora class?
But it seems that Russia is going to drop the missile boats alltogether (as most other navies do) and go for Corvettes

Good ones. Yes, for understandable reasons, really. Missile patrol boats with little defense against missiles or air attacks doesn't make that much sense. I remember the Harpoon missions with the old Norwegian Hauk class. Sadly, they rarely survived. At least the Skjolds have stealth...

Project 1234 (Nanuchka class?)
Or some sort of modified Bora class?
But it seems that Russia is going to drop the missile boats altogether (as most other navies do) and go for Corvettes

Yeah, the FPB community grows smaller for every day :(

I somewhat doubt the Nanuchka/Bora/Tarantul will be in service in 2030 as I also doubt there will be a similar sized replacement equal to the Hamina/Skjold.

A good idea for a "small" surface combatant in 2030 would probably be the Buyan class corvette (Project 21631). The Buyan is somewhat similar to the german K130 in size and capabilities (disregarding the german UAV).

Yeah, the FPB community grows smaller for every day :(

I somewhat doubt the Nanuchka/Bora/Tarantul will be in service in 2030 as I also doubt there will be a similar sized replacement equal to the Hamina/Skjold.

A good idea for a "small" surface combatant in 2030 would probably be the Buyan class corvette (Project 21631). The Buyan is somewhat similar to the german K130 in size and capabilities (disregarding the german UAV).

The Buyan seems to be a ship specific to the Caspian Sea, where it is the equivalent of the Death Star ;)
Of course nothing could keep the russians from building them for other seas as well.

FPBs still have a role to play in modern naval warfare IMO. Littoral waters are where most naval combats are going to take place until the next large scale conflict erupts, which I hope is never. Look at the USN and it's Littoral Combat Ship. Granted, the construction methods seem to leave a lot to be desired, but as far as specifications and adaptability go, they are pretty cool. You can outfit them for ASW work, mine sweeping, anti ship combat, and even give them a small but advanced anti-air capability. And, we plan to build hoards of the things (speaking relatively of course) so what they might lack in capability and staying power they can make up for with numbers. And you know full well they will not be operating alone. There are 20 Freedom class and 12 Independence class LCS's planned so far, I am betting more will be built of one design or the other. As of today there are 61 Arleigh Burke class DDG's in service, 1 more being outfitted here in Bath, and another 13 planned. 75 Total DDG51's of which most are the Flight IIA with LAMPS helo hangers and support. According to the ships wiki page, the Navy is planning on doing with only 3 Zumwalts (which I can confirm at least as far as shipyard talk goes) and is focusing on the NEW :D Flight III ships.

According to the wiki; "Flight III ships will be built starting in FY2016 in place of the canceled CG(X) program. The Flight III destroyers will have 14-foot-diameter (4.3 m) radars (up from 12 feet (3.7 m) currently) and various other design improvements.[36] These Air and Missile Defense Radars (AMDR) will use digital beamforming, instead of the existing Passive Electronically Scanned Array radars.[37]
However costs for the Flight III ships have increased rapidly as expectations and requirements for the program have grown. In particular, this has been a result of the changing requirements needed to carry the proposed Air and Missile Defense Radar system required for the ships' ballistic missile defense role.
The US Navy is considering stretching the acquisition of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer class well into the 2040s, according to revised procurement tables sent to the US Congress which say that the navy will procure Flight IV ships from 2032 through 2041."

Looks to me like Ingalls and BIW will have no shortage of work well into the NWAC time frame, and pretty well after it too. We all know how effective the DDG51 is in the AAW role, imagine nearly 100 of them prowling the world oceans. That should be deterrent enough right there, LOL! Would be for me at least, guess that's why I am not the leader of the free world.....damn..... :D

Question: why is the NH-90 modeled with a 25mm rotary gun? A quick internet search suggests nothing like this program is in place, and judging by the weight of the gun and the ammunition (and the recoil!), I doubt the helicopter could mount it without serious problems.

On the other hand it does allow me to shoot down unsuspecting Ka-27s with my own helicopters.

Lol, the Army variant (with a lot less gear to carry around) has a devastating armament of 2 MG3s in german service.
Zero if medical equipment is on board.
I am not sure it can even leave the deck with sonobuoys and dipping sonar in its present state.