• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
QE2 class

Which version of the QE2 class is in the game?

I know this is still a question that has not been answered yet in reality, but which version did you design into the game. The F35B or the F35C?

Another plane sorely missing is the F-16.
There must surely be some of them around even in 2030

Another plane sorely missing is the F-16.
There must surely be some of them around even in 2030

Probably not - they are no longer being purchased by the U.S. Air Force, and the only reason they are made now is for export customers. They will be out of service by that time.

Right. Undoubtedly there will be F-16s in service around the world well beyond 2030. We're looking for a good excuse (and a budget) to include the Falcon along with other units we know and love.

The exuse is named Poland.
:)

question: any chance on LPD's? I saw mistrals and wasps, so why not albion, bulwark, rotterdam, johan de witt, and more similar stuff? I do not know if you can do 'landings' in the game, but when large fleets are operating there is an large chance these ships are part of it, even if only as helispots, and IMO it would be good to have them in the game, even if they cannot do their primary role haha

same could be said about UNREP ships, althoug you could say those are kept away from the battles in the relatively short missions I have seen in the demo.

No MiG-31 or MiG-25? What's Russia without the dreaded "Firefox?"

Both awesome aircraft. We felt these would get a bit old by 2030, and fulfills a lot of the same role in the game as Su-27/35.

Oh, I don't know about that. From what I understand the MiG-31 is still being developed and upgraded even today, and has better performance at high altitude than the Su-27 and its variants. Plus I don't recall seeing any fighters fitted with the R-33/AA-9 or R-37/AA-13 in the game. That would be fun, being able to pick off AWACS and tanker planes from 400km away.

I also just want to say that this game is a hugely ambitious project, especially for a starting developer. And you guys are doing a great job, especially with post-release support. Keep it up!

We indeed have the R-37 as an option on the T-50s, and its range is insane. It'll take you an hour of in-game time, but may well be worth it :)

In one of the missions in the Nato campaign, Iron Weasel I think, the Russians have a few R-37 equipped T-50s when you play it on 'Hard'!

It's certainly an interesting aircraft (the A-10), but I have a hard time seeing how they would be effective against armed ships.
AGM-65 Maverick missiles (at least 12, up to 18 depending on how many triple ejector mount racks fit on the 6 primary weapon stations, possibly 4 more mounted singly on the smaller pylons for a total of 22). Then there's the GAU-8A anti-tank cannon that'd savage any ship superstructure/radar antennas/bridge crew. Not that it matters much, they'll all be in the boneyard or at best the US ANG by the time frame under discussion.