• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xenon5

Sergeant
36 Badges
Jan 6, 2012
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Does anyone else want this? I would love a queue system for buildings where as magistrates come in, as long as you have the money and all requirements the next building in your queue is automatically built. If certain conditions for the next building in the queue aren't met, ie the province already has something building in it, then the building at the top of the queue gets postponed until it is eligible. This would be nice because at the moment I just find it a little irritating to have to stop the game so often to decide where to build stuff. It would be nice if I could plan 10 or 20 buildings at a time rather than ~4, just to reduce the amount of pausing/slow downs

Does anyone else want this? I would love a queue system for buildings where as magistrates come in, as long as you have the money and all requirements the next building in your queue is automatically built. If certain conditions for the next building in the queue aren't met, ie the province already has something building in it, then the building at the top of the queue gets postponed until it is eligible. This would be nice because at the moment I just find it a little irritating to have to stop the game so often to decide where to build stuff. It would be nice if I could plan 10 or 20 buildings at a time rather than ~4, just to reduce the amount of pausing/slow downs

Sooo much in agreement I wish there was a word for it. :happy: Don't know about you but if I get involved in a war or something equally distracting I find it hugely frustrating later on when focus returns to see I've had the maximum amount of magistrates sitting twidling their thumbs for two years doing NOTHING. While mourning the loss of the magistrates that will never be because of the cap.

Do it... do it NOW!!!

Never thought about this, but what an amazing idea! It can't be that hard to make and i would use it constantly. It is things like this we need to improve the flow in EUIII

Wouldn't the buildings need to be preset anyhow?

I wouldn't want to build a constable in a dirt poor province.

Yes, you would just select the province to build in just as if you had a magistrate and it would start building as soon as a magistrate was available.
Not something likely to happen in a patch but would be very useful.

Yes, you would just select the province to build in just as if you had a magistrate and it would start building as soon as a magistrate was available.
Not something likely to happen in a patch but would be very useful.

Seems to me it will take just as much time as building each building as it would picking and making some building order.

Good idea indeed, helps to improves the micromanagement,not to tell reduce the change of lost a colony because i forget to build forts cause i was busy with merchants/spy/rebellions in the other side of the globe.

Wouldn't the buildings need to be preset anyhow?

I wouldn't want to build a constable in a dirt poor province.

yes would be better if we can choose the buildings.
like for example i'm building now a church, after that ( when have both money and spare magistrate) a dock.

Seems to me it will take just as much time as building each building as it would picking and making some building order.
The idea being you could go around and select 10-15 provs for buildings and then just leave it, they will build once the magistrates are available. I think it's a good idea but too much work, you'd need a screen where you can review build order and such, don't think they'd do it but a good idea for EU4

Perhaps not a set build order but like how they do merchants. Set a slider to or perhaps a button to divert all magistrates into a certain building such as lvl1 forts